South Africa in Australia

pal

[b:1790u6nb][u:1790u6nb]3rd Test[/u:1790u6nb][/b:1790u6nb]

[u:1790u6nb]2nd Day[/u:1790u6nb]

S. Africa: 451/9d
Australia: 54/3

If it were any other team, I would predict a win for South Africa, but the Australian middle and lower orders are quite strong. With Michael Hussey still to come and Ponting at the crease, anything is a possibility.

Anything is possible but i think this test is going towards a draw unless of South Africa get some quick wickets n bat well in their second innings lets c wat happens in the 3rd days play

South Africa on top, its going to take something special from Punter to pull them out. maybe a hundred in his hundredth test?

well ponting did make a 100 in this hundreth test but i think it will be enough just to save the test match not to give them a win

I think S.A has a great chance
icon_biggrin.gif

New year changed Gilly's luck as he is back in form scoreing 86 of just 109 balls.

The rain just ruined any chances of an outcome in this test. I thought South Africa played fairly well in the first and last tests, but they're still going to lose the series.

I think even if the South Africans walk away with a draw tomorrow, they should be pretty proud of managing to hold the Aussies to draws in 2 games out of 3. That is a pretty decent achievement and a testament to the fact that the Aussies are on the wrong end of their success curve.
icon_smile.gif

A 1-0 win for Australia would mean:
Australia stays at [b:33j9jznh]128[/b:33j9jznh]
South Africa moves UP to [b:33j9jznh]101[/b:33j9jznh] (from 100)

All right, 286 needed for Australia to win and 76 overs left for S. Africa to get 10 wickets and perhaps miraclously, square the series. Australia definitely has the upper hand. S. Africa should have scored atleast 300 before declaring.

Anti-climactic, huh? Australia are running away to victory--just about 30 runs left to get with about 15 overs remaining. One must salute Ricky Ponting. Not only has he scored 2 centuries in a match--which is a feat in itself, but he has also done it in his 100th test match.

Good win for Australia!

But they havent looked dominating at all in this series! IT has mostly looked an even contest! The gap is being bridged down slowly

Australia have won the Twenty20 match against South Africa by 95 Runs
the ausies made a mamoth 209 by the help of Martyn(96 off 56) n Symonds (54 off 26) and then later on bowled out South Africa for 114 in 18.3 overs with 2 wickets going to each braken, Lewis, Hopes and Symonds. 1 wicket for Clark. The top scorer for south africa was Boucher with 29 off 21

Back