South Africa in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa in India

I dont know if yuvraj is full fit. If he is then I think he'll get the chance because he was already in the squad before Kaif was brought in. I dont mind if either of them plays but they should play 7 batsmen in this game.
The ideal bowling attack for the match should be
Kumble/Chawla
Harbhajan
Sreesanth
Ishant/Munaf

No way Munaf Patel should play. He is the Grandfather of Indian cricket. :laugh: If Ishant is unfit then Pathan should play.

I don't understand why they're still selecting Jaffer to open. Karthik opened in England and ended the series as the top run scorer for India. He then failed to get a good start in the next couple of tests and was dropped. He came back at the end of the series against Pakistan and scored a half-century and hasn't played since. Jaffer hasn't been particularly effective here, but it appears that the selectors will stick with him.

I don't understand why he got back in the team after he was dropped for good in Australia for the 4th Test. If Jaffer fails in the next match there will be a lot of pressure on them to drop him.

Instead of Munaf India could play three spinners if Ishant is unfit and Kumble is fit. This track is going to crack early and it will suit India. India has to just win the toss and bat first.
As far as opening goes, Aakash Chopra should be given a chance. Karthik is not a good choice, he just got lucky in England. Gambhir has been given a lot of chances but he failed to impress.

Sharma has been declared fit but Kumble still doesn't feel comfortable. I'm not sure if playing 3 spinners is the right idea. Sehwag and Yuvraj can always bowl a few overs if needed.

Kumble out, Chawla in. Yuvraj and Ishant are in the team as well. South Africa have won the crucial toss and elected to bat. No surprises there. I think that they have won match as well. If the pitch report is to be believed the pitch will crumble very quickly. Indian batsmen will have to face the worst conditions while South Africa will get to bat first on the pitch.

There has been too much hype surrounding the pitch. According to the curator, its supposed to take spin from day three and it will produce a result. But most of the pitch reports say that it'll start crumbling from Day 1. This pitch could be similar to one in Mumbai when India played against Australia in 2004. Australia failed to chase a target of 107 and the game just lasted for 2 days.

Pathetic play by India. Just 1 wicket taken until now. Now South Africa are in very strong position. I have already started losing hope.

Two quick wickets and Harbhajan gets another one. Wow the tables have turned quickly. Two new batsmen out there. Its like they have to start the innings all over again.

India have made a good comeback but more quick wickets must be taken. It will be very hard for India if South Africa score 300.

The tail is exposed now. Hopefully we can get SA all out before 230. I get a funny feeling that whatever SA score in this innings is going to be the highest total in the match.

this pitch is providing great turn but i think indians would rather play harris than steyn. the total is competitive and india need to put a solid batting performace tomorrow. i hope its not a recap of last match.

265 all out. I think we'll get a true reflection of this pitch once India have had a chance to bat and SA have bowled.

Yes, I think SA would've wanted to post a bigger total after being 150 for 1 at one stage. It could be considered a bit of a collapse by the middle order but the pitch and Indian bowling might have had something to do with it. I personally expected a bigger total after the start they had but we'll have to wait and see whether it is a good total on this pitch.

sharma makes a difference for india, he looks a very good player for them, and that chalwa bloke

SA woul d have wanted 400 i reckon? would have given them a right chance to at least draw thsi game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back