South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

southern sledge;391850 said:
Maybe everyone should stop whinging and play cricket. Remember BOTH sides will be playing on the same pitch and outfield.

That's fine to say that SS but when both Clubs do not want to play there where is the rational

southern sledge;391850 said:
Maybe everyone should stop whinging and play cricket. Remember BOTH sides will be playing on the same pitch and outfield.

Both teams might be playing on the 1 ground, but only one club is benefiting!!!!! Its not Beauy or Bentleigh

Northern $uper$tars;391822 said:
This seems amazing.

Maybe cop the neutral 1st XI grand final business, even though both teams agreed they wanted to play at Bentleigh, but to have the 2nds at South Caulfields B ground, and not even use Bentleigh, is remarkable.

Oh well, maybe the Bentleigh and Beauy fans should bring their own beer in protest. :cool:

Wouldn't recommend that... Directive from the VT pres says they are cracking down on BYO booze at GF's... Apparently, as stated in the letter, spectators relieving themselves on park trees isn't a good look. The host club will be held responsible for any infractions, regardless of where the spectators come from. Not sure what the penalties are.

lifemember;391851 said:
That's fine to say that SS but when both Clubs do not want to play there where is the rational?

Oh, for everyone else who asked to see the pics - I did have a link here but it was taken down - not sure why - read the rules and nothing about uploading photos of cricket groun

Looks scrappy to say the least

Southern Son;391862 said:
lifemember;391851 said:
That's fine to say that SS but when both Clubs do not want to play there where is the rational?

Oh, for everyone else who asked to see the pics - I did have a link here but it was taken down - not sure why - read the rules and nothing about uploading photos of cricket groun

Looks scrappy to say the least

You got it SS - but for the second time Southern Sledge has taken the link away - not sure why.

I don't think Bentleigh or Beauie are the sort of clubs that would encourage their supporters to bring their own grog, but I would imagine their players won't be hanging around too long.

Sledge, can I ask what rule I am braking by putting a link showing photos of a ground? That's twice you have taken the link down. Is it because its an embarrassment to the VT decision makers?

Apparently you are not allowed to come on here and express your opinion if it doesn't agree with the VT Exec - worse still, you are not allowed to show others evidence of a ridiculous decision.

Southern Son;391861 said:
Wouldn't recommend that... Directive from the VT pres says they are cracking down on BYO booze at GF's... Apparently, as stated in the letter, spectators relieving themselves on park trees isn't a good look. The host club will be held responsible for any infractions, regardless of where the spectators come from. Not sure what the penalties are.

Well if they don't bring there own beer / food, the four teams should just boycott the SCCC bar, Go straight back to there own rooms straight after the game. We all no the only reason they are playing there is for bar revenue. NOT for the well being of the clubs playing. Or for the quality ground conditions, By the looks of the photos, that ground is dangerous..... typical VT, Keep it all in house..........I feel sorry for the SCCC, all this does is make them look bad. Maybe thats why the photos have been removed. :mad::mad::mad:

It doesn't do anybody any good a few shots of the worst areas, the pitch is ok and both sides are playing on it. I also don't believe there is any bias in the decision to play on the main ground as it has been used for Grand Finals for over 20 years. I would think the VT give preference to clubs that put up their hands to do finals every year, not like some that just demand it when they make a rare finals appearence. Bentleigh and Beaumaris have been in ordinary condition for quite some time and have now been renovated and are good standard grounds which will host GF's in the future. Bentleigh with the new scoreboard would be capable of hosting the top grade in the future, the only problem is getting a South side in it. Hampton has been improved and will only get better. Lets get on with the cricket !

Eastern Pride;391867 said:
Well if they don't bring there own beer / food, the four teams should just boycott the SCCC bar, Go straight back to there own rooms straight after the game. We all no the only reason they are playing there is for bar revenue. NOT for the well being of the clubs playing. Or for the quality ground conditions, By the looks of the photos, that ground is dangerous..... typical VT, Keep it all in house..........I feel sorry for the SCCC, all this does is make them look bad. Maybe thats why the photos have been removed. :mad::mad::mad:

Can't help thinking the same thing Eastern. I saw in the General Chat room that someone there was also questioning the VT's decisions on finals ground allocations. So I told him there was some chat in South Division; gave him the link too, but alas a miracle - my whole entire post was removed!!

It seems there are a few precious souls in here - don't like hearing the truth. God forbid you have an opinion (would have thought it would be a pretty boring chat if no-one had an opinion?).

I would imagine that's possible Eastern - all Clubs to go straight back to their grounds - pitty, as I am sure that they would have liked to have a drink together after the games are over. Maybe Bentleigh will invite Beauie back to their ground for a few after match drinks. Should be two great games hopefully.

southern sledge;391868 said:
It doesn't do anybody any good a few shots of the worst areas, the pitch is ok and both sides are playing on it. I also don't believe there is any bias in the decision to play on the main ground as it has been used for Grand Finals for over 20 years. I would think the VT give preference to clubs that put up their hands to do finals every year, not like some that just demand it when they make a rare finals appearence. Bentleigh and Beaumaris have been in ordinary condition for quite some time and have now been renovated and are good standard grounds which will host GF's in the future. Bentleigh with the new scoreboard would be capable of hosting the top grade in the future, the only problem is getting a South side in it. Hampton has been improved and will only get better. Lets get on with the cricket !

Thats the problem with the VT,,,, There are much better quality grounds available but, they keep it in house so some EXECS are happy and they forget about the most important people,,,,the PLAYERS,, Ask all 22 2nd 11 players if they give a s**t that princess park has had 20 years of GF's, I would say all 22 would rather play on a nice ground, The past is the past the fact is there are better grounds available but because of 1 selfish greedy person 22 PLAYERS will suffer

Would that 2nd Sth Caulfield ground be the same one where one of our players lost both front teeth earlier this season when a ball reared up off a tuft of grass?

Southern Sledge regarding clubs only wanting G/F's when they are involved, well why else would a club want them unless it was a first XI G/F which attract far bigger crowds?. Our club hosted a lower grade (sth c2 i think) GF many years ago and it was a complete waste of time for the club, the few supporters who turned up brought their own drinks and food. Please tell us what the process is for a club to nominate themselves to host a GF. I thought perhaps it may be done on locality of the teams and pitch and ground marks oh and of course the facilities.

Southern Sledge you are clearly on the VT exec as you regularly defend them to the hilt, remarkably so in this instance. Despite the groundswell of naysayers and the obvious lunacy of the decision to play a Southern 2nd G/F at a 3/4 XI ground without a pavillion; defending it is nothing but being pig headed. I only hope that at the G/F meeting tonight sanity has prevailed and this ridiculous decision to line the pockets of Sth Caulfield is reversed.

Gib - well said, except I think you mean Southern Sledge - not Southern Son.

Sledge, what you are saying about Clubs not putting their hand up to host finals does not make sense. In case you are not aware, Clubs are restricted by what Council says and how many grounds in each municipality are available - of which I know Bentleigh was made available this season (and hosted a final last season). Further, how do you justify your comments about Bentleigh being of a poor standard over the last few years. It's a far better ground in every sense of the word than Sths ground. Has nothing to do with who puts up their hand, rather who knows who.

With regards to tonights meeting, I can tell you that the decision to play the South Seconds GF remains - despite again a protest at tonights meeting. Not that I know this, but I would believe your comments gib, about a player losing the front teeth having seen the ground myself today. I did post photos here (twice), but they were removed (twice) - let me know if you want the link to the photos gib.

Obviously those match reports on pitches and grounds don't get read, because if they were being read, a second rate ground would not be being used to play a grand final on.

lifemember;391929 said:
I did post photos here (twice), but they were removed (twice) - let me know if you want the link to the photos gib.

You are free to post the photos but please make them a fair representation of the ground - good points as well as the bad. A picture can paint a thousand words but often it'll be staged to put forward the view of the painter - lets have have some objectivity.

Thanks lifemember.

Sledge I guess with all these extra facts it still seems like a good idea to play the Sth 2nds at South Caulfield? What an absolute farce, 22 blokes from 2 different teams preparing for their most important game of the season in the same change rooms. In case the VTCA exec hadn't noticed, the game has become quite strategic with whiteboards and game plans a regular part of the pre-match ritual. I can just imagine Roach and Hewitt waiting for the 2nds to finish their pre-match so they can start theirs.

I guess that means the Sth C2 game with the 2nd placed Cheltenham hosting 1st placed Hampton won't be moved either; it is nowhere near as farcical as the Sth 2nds situation.

And Sledge please don't resort to the tired old "if you want to change it come on the VTCA exec". They won't listen to us as representatives of our clubs why would it be any different if we were on the Exec.

1 credit for the VTCA, the junior development squad idea as espoused in the Feb Leading Edge, seems like a great idea. I particularly like the 2 year promise, well done.

gib;391941 said:
I guess that means the Sth C2 game with the 2nd placed Cheltenham hosting 1st placed Hampton won't be moved either; it is nowhere near as farcical as the Sth 2nds situation.

Hampton were going to host the game but they felt that their ground was unfit for a Grand Final so the game was moved to Cheltenham.

I agree about the Sth 2nd farce though. Has to be at either Bentleigh or Beaumaris.

Well done VTCA,
So.... I just heard from our delegate,,, Its official, We are playing on a s***t hole, with no rooms.
We have to supply a scoreboard, Because the facilities arent equipped to hold a GF.
Is it because we play 2nd 11 cricket that we Don't deserve as good as the 1st's. Hold on,,,,,, we have worst facilties than a grade below us..... How is this fair???
too bad if we want to prepare for a GF... The VT really screwed us here... We work hard all year for this week end only to get screwed because 1 person wants to line his clubs pockets.......Murrumbeenas ground isnt getting used. Take out the fact that Bentleigh CC has the best facilities in the southern comp and we cant play there. There are a number of grounds we could have used that are better than that mine field.... Its good to see the VT are looking after its players......

mas cambios;391935 said:
You are free to post the photos but please make them a fair representation of the ground - good points as well as the bad. A picture can paint a thousand words but often it'll be staged to put forward the view of the painter - lets have have some objectivity.

Hey Mas, how can we have objectivity when my posts keep getting edited by people who do not want to be embarrassed? So far all the comments I have read about the photos share the same view, yet for a third time, the link has been taken away.

Anyone interested in seeing the pics let me know. Don't want to harp on it (oops too late for that), but it seems most, if not all, share the same opinion and concerns.

Eastern Pride;391976 said:
Well done VTCA,
So.... I just heard from our delegate,,, Its official, We are playing on a s***t hole, with no rooms.
We have to supply a scoreboard, Because the facilities arent equipped to hold a GF.
Is it because we play 2nd 11 cricket that we Don't deserve as good as the 1st's. Hold on,,,,,, we have worst facilties than a grade below us..... How is this fair???
too bad if we want to prepare for a GF... The VT really screwed us here... We work hard all year for this week end only to get screwed because 1 person wants to line his clubs pockets.......Murrumbeenas ground isnt getting used. Take out the fact that Bentleigh CC has the best facilities in the southern comp and we cant play there. There are a number of grounds we could have used that are better than that mine field.... Its good to see the VT are looking after its players......
Before you post get your facts right. Murrumbeena is hosting the South C1 final, there are rooms at Princes Park and both clubs offered to bring a scoreboard and you can go back and talk to your delegate about what was said tonight about BC.

southern sledge;391980 said:
Before you post get your facts right. Murrumbeena is hosting the South C1 final, there are rooms at Princes Park and both clubs offered to bring a scoreboard and you can go back and talk to your delegate about what was said tonight about BC.

wow,,, SS, you must have posted that after midnight, Can't you sleep,,, I would feel pretty guilty as well if i had ruined 22 players biggest day of the year just for a few possible bar sales,
Murrumbeena hosts the Sth C1 GF, Murrumbeena is probably the second best ground in the area,,,,,,Sth C1??, again, well done VT, really got this all in order.
Good luck to all bowlers on the week end,,, you might want to cut your run ups to 2 steps.......

Back