South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

Sledge,Is this match a good advert for those that say it should be a 2 day final? lets face it .....you wouldn't play the worldcup and finish it with the final being a Test Match.

Well done Bentleigh Cricket Club. Premiers in both the 1sts and 2nds.

Bad luck Beaumaris, and great season goes unrewarded.

Assuming they don't lose any of their big guns, how do we think Bentleigh will go in Senior Division?

Northern $uper$tars;394507 said:
Well done Bentleigh Cricket Club. Premiers in both the 1sts and 2nds.

Bad luck Beaumaris, and great season goes unrewarded.

Assuming they don't lose any of their big guns, how do we think Bentleigh will go in Senior Division?

They must be wrapt doing the quinella in their 100th year. Hampton did the same in their 100th year and earned promotion to Snr Div. Unlike the Hampton boys, I'm tipping they'll be super-competitive. Would expect mid-ladder, maybe even a 4th spot for a finals appearance.

I think Bentleigh have the players to finish between 4th and 7th next year.If they can get another signing i'm sure they would probably make the finals.
What now for Beauie? with no South teams coming down have to be red hot favourites to go one step further next year and get promoted.

underarm bowler;394539 said:
I think Bentleigh have the players to finish between 4th and 7th next year.If they can get another signing i'm sure they would probably make the finals.
What now for Beauie? with no South teams coming down have to be red hot favourites to go one step further next year and get promoted.

Disagree on Beauie. Clearly with Hewett in the team they will be strong but would need Cockbain back. Would also need Hignett and Harrison to play on, both would be pushing 40 years old next year.

Under the points system it is tougher to replace some quality older players worth zero or low points with quality recruits.

Surely Beauy had some good kids coming through that would be zero points and any clubs that have points problems need to have a good look how they go about it.

Rumour is Bentleigh are already talking about signing another "big fish" for next season.

Hope they can juggle the points and stay under the cap.

Northern $uper$tars;394554 said:
Rumour is Bentleigh are already talking about signing another "big fish" for next season.

Hope they can juggle the points and stay under the cap.

Not sure what they played at but I know Beauy played at 54 on the weekend.

Bentleigh would need 1-2 new players to be competitive in Senior, history shows you need new blood to continue to improve.

Great work to both Bentleigh sides, It goes to show that they are not 1 dimensional , with a great knock by J.Keyt. In a real pressure situation, he took the game from BeauHewitt, I mean Beaumaris. A little bit of faith for the "non-pro" players goes a long way in a young batsmans career. In the 2's Beauie had a lot of young kids in the team which showed great courage against a much more experienced Bentleigh, Well done to all 4 teams!!!!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;394558 said:
Bentleigh would need 1-2 new players to be competitive in Senior, history shows you need new blood to continue to improve.

Yep, agree with that.

I think they probably need another quality top order bat as a first priority.

Northern $uper$tars;396063 said:
Pretty good team that.

Roach skipper - well done, possibly if Beaumaris win the flag, Hewitt is Captain.

Anyone unlucky to miss out?

Showing my bias, but Manning from Brighton very unlucky. Bowen 36 wickets @ 19.6, including 11 in the outright last round, Manning 34 wickets @ 14.6. Captains made a mistake there.

zyxwvu;396082 said:
Showing my bias, but Manning from Brighton very unlucky. Bowen 36 wickets @ 19.6, including 11 in the outright last round, Manning 34 wickets @ 14.6. Captains made a mistake there.
Obviously the Captains didn't rate them, can't get any fairer than the skippers from all clubs in the Division rating them.

zyxwvu;396082 said:

Manning might have been unlucky, but Bowen was bowling every second game on a road in the middle of a postage stamp.

I had a crack at picking a team a few weeks ago, had Manning in there for D Cassell, and A Cassell in for Lasky.

I reckon you can go on and on about who was in there and who wasn't, but everyone on the list had a good enough season to be included.

Lots of clubs advertising, many must be close to signing. Have any interesting movements or discussions occured? Rumour is as good as fact on here!

Can Beaumaris and Port Melbourne keep their teams together? Can Bentleigh recruit anyone to be competitive in Senior Division? Is there a side that's going to throw some cash around and come from nowhere to contend for the South Division flag?

borough;401808 said:
Port look like they have picked up 2 genuine guns.

James Cole from Cumberland. Batsman/Wicket keeper.
Alex Roberts (Durham/Essex) All Rounder. More of a batsman.

If Cole is the same James Cole as the one who played twos at McKinnon a few years ago I'm not sure he can be considered a "genuine gun" just yet. Made 500 runs in the South Seconds comp then only 150 in Senior A with Bentleigh the next year.

Back