South Division 10/11

re: South Division 10/11

borough;401864 said:
Not sure it's the same Cole u are thinking of. Cole has been appointed coach of port melbourne. He is originally from Cumberland in the UK. Roberts has been starring in the dandenong comp for the past few years. Also played a couple of 20/20 games for Essex.

It's the same Cole. I can assure you of that.

Lifemember what are your thoughts on coles ability? What could port expect runs wise in southern division? Does he have the ability to bat in the top 4?

borough;401877 said:
Lifemember what are your thoughts on coles ability? What could port expect runs wise in southern division? Does he have the ability to bat in the top 4?

Borough, he did quite well when playing in the 2's for McKinnon and from memory batted in the top 4 for them. The following season he opened for Bentleigh in the 1st XI in Senior A1 and struggled. He is a good glovesman and also a great bloke around the Club - will put a bit back over the bar (which is always good).

I am not sure how he will go - there is some strong bowling in South Division but I would be surprised if he didn't at least make 200+. I know you are hoping for more, and he may very well deliver more (and hopefully for port eh will), but I would have thought between 200 and 250 at best.

Not too sure how great a bloke around the club someone can be. especially making so many runs in the '2's', seems like there was some who didn't want to play with him in the 1's, reaffirmed by his departure in quick succession from two clubs. any truth???

Guy, not sure of that. Wouldn't have thought so, but could be wrong. I know there was no bad feelings when he left the second club. Perhaps he is just trying to find somewhere where he will perform to his best - that could very well be Port.

May or may not have heard whispers from club #1 that few other than other pom imports would talk to him. Not 100% on circumstances. Speaking of said team in question have added bulk to their mid tier depth from premier, with possibility of handy allrounder, looking for a finals push.

Guy Incognito;401893 said:
May or may not have heard whispers from club #1 that few other than other pom imports would talk to him. Not 100% on circumstances. Speaking of said team in question have added bulk to their mid tier depth from premier, with possibility of handy allrounder, looking for a finals push.

Thanks for the info guys. There's huge raps on alex roberts, could be daykins partner in crime this year!!

Guy Incognito;401891 said:
Not too sure how great a bloke around the club someone can be. especially making so many runs in the '2's', seems like there was some who didn't want to play with him in the 1's, reaffirmed by his departure in quick succession from two clubs. any truth???

Wouldn't he have been playing 2's due to the ridiculous old rule that had one 1st XI import per season...?!

Vicious and Well Directed;402162 said:
Wouldn't he have been playing 2's due to the ridiculous old rule that had one 1st XI import per season...?!

Maybe not a great rule, but what would've McKinnon benefitted from the 150 runs Bentleigh got? and they already have decent keeper. 2's is still 2's!

Think said player from said team maybe strekker returning from a few years at premier cricket, handy bowler played a handful of District 1s games.. Wouldnt get a few points shaved of too as played juniors at the club..

think said team maybe welcoming back strekker from a few years at premier cricket, handy bowler played a handful of district 1s games.. wouldnt be worth too many points under the cap either as played juniors there...

Troy;402188 said:
think said team maybe welcoming back strekker from a few years at premier cricket, handy bowler played a handful of district 1s games.. wouldnt be worth too many points under the cap either as played juniors there...

Was playing 3's at Casey last year, handy but not too many worries there. Interested to find out if he brings anyone back with him???

Guy Incognito;402189 said:
Was playing 3's at Casey last year, handy but not too many worries there. Interested to find out if he brings anyone back with him???

Yeh will be, i know mark ridgway rattled the cage at casey a bit so could be a few looking for new homes..

Re: South Division 10/11

Heard Troy Ryan was looking at a few clubs, the club i play for included,with a job as the main pulling power not money.You'd think Brighton had signed him or posting such news on their website wouldn't be very clever.

Re: South Division 10/11

underarm bowler;402473 said:
Heard Troy Ryan was looking at a few clubs, the club i play for included,with a job as the main pulling power not money.You'd think Brighton had signed him or posting such news on their website wouldn't be very clever.

Hey Chief,
It sounds like that you are looking for a bunch of guys that a pretty down to earth..:eek:

Back