South Division 10/11

Re: South Division 10/11

greetings to all who will follow this forum for the upcoming season!!

i'll start with a couple of questions for discussion:

1. any idea on the release date of the fixtures??

2. how will youlden parkville fair in the south division this season after making the move from the senior division of the vtca over winter??

fooey5for10;405384 said:
greetings to all who will follow this forum for the upcoming season!!

i'll start with a couple of questions for discussion:

1. any idea on the release date of the fixtures??

2. how will youlden parkville fair in the south division this season after making the move from the senior division of the vtca over winter??

Good to see you back on the forums foo, dissapointing I wont get to play against you lot again this year but good luck in south division.

I believe the fixtures are available as a separate menu on the vtca website. I'm not sure if they are tentative fixtures though.

DizzyGillepsie;405392 said:
Good to see you back on the forums foo, dissapointing I wont get to play against you lot again this year but good luck in south division.

I believe the fixtures are available as a separate menu on the vtca website. I'm not sure if they are tentative fixtures though.

gday dizzy!!

glad to be back & looking forward to the new season. i feel the same way & as we both know the youlden/parkville v spotswood 2s games always seemed to "have that certain something" about them no matter where the teams were in the pecking order. good luck to you too in senior division.

thanks as ive found the fixture & am sifting through it now. id reckon these are the final drafts, brother!!

borough;401864 said:
Not sure it's the same Cole u are thinking of. Cole has been appointed coach of port melbourne. He is originally from Cumberland in the UK. Roberts has been starring in the dandenong comp for the past few years. Also played a couple of 20/20 games for Essex.

can confirm roberts is a genuine gun,he captained berwick to a flag 08/ 713 runs at 79 and 26 wickets at 12 and dominated the ddca(very good comp) for the past 4 seasons.

hawthorn nearly signed him 2 years ago and i know he was on huge $$$$$$ in ddca

Who r the big ins and outs for the year??????????????
Who r the gun players??????
Which youngsters shud we watch out 4?????

Beauy - I.Hewett:Absolute superstar, one of the best in the VTCA
R.Hignett: Retired?
I.Cockbain: Is he going around again?
R.Hewett: Is he comitted to a full season wif his bro?
A.Harrison: Veteran gun bowler

MHSOB- S.Villani: one of the best bats in the comp
M.Bowen: Fantasic year last year can he reproduce?
L.Poon: powerhouse in middle order, didnt play a lot last year
A. Villani: Consistent bolwer would take more if he didnt play on the postrage stamp
D.Cassell: Accumulaor

Brighton - A.Lasky: Gun bat
S.Brown: out playing premier cricket
S.Gara: one of the best young quicks in the vtca
C.Jewell- stalwart wif the bat
L.Stewart: solid allrounder

Maccabi- D.Gelbart: bolws off wrong foot
D.Onas: Back
J.Weinstock: Back

Cheltenham- R.Hewitt: Captain
D.Highton: Offie doesnt turn it
C.Nelson: Out joined Mckinnon
G.Jones: From UK
D.Royle:From UK

Mentone- M.Lalor: outstanding allrounder
L.Wintle- great bat
B.Collins- heaps of potential with both bat and ball

Old Mentonians- J.Seeary: Super sharp
J.Woite: Can do it all
D.Stevens: Moves it a mile
L.Mitchell: will be best player in VTCA in 10 years
K.Kell: middle order maestro

Port Melbourne- M.Daykin: best bat in vtca
J.Bolyle-: clever quick
B.Sutcliffe: heaps of potential
R.Jones: is he playing?

Let me know ur thoughts????

GETONTHEPANTHER;405969 said:
Who r the big ins and outs for the year??????????????
Who r the gun players??????
Which youngsters shud we watch out 4?????

Beauy - I.Hewett:Absolute superstar, one of the best in the VTCA
R.Hignett: Retired?
I.Cockbain: Is he going around again?
R.Hewett: Is he comitted to a full season wif his bro?
A.Harrison: Veteran gun bowler

MHSOB- S.Villani: one of the best bats in the comp
M.Bowen: Fantasic year last year can he reproduce?
L.Poon: powerhouse in middle order, didnt play a lot last year
A. Villani: Consistent bolwer would take more if he didnt play on the postrage stamp
D.Cassell: Accumulaor

Brighton - A.Lasky: Gun bat
S.Brown: out playing premier cricket
S.Gara: one of the best young quicks in the vtca
C.Jewell- stalwart wif the bat
L.Stewart: solid allrounder

Maccabi- D.Gelbart: bolws off wrong foot
D.Onas: Back
J.Weinstock: Back

Cheltenham- R.Hewitt: Captain
D.Highton: Offie doesnt turn it
C.Nelson: Out joined Mckinnon
G.Jones: From UK
D.Royle:From UK

Mentone- M.Lalor: outstanding allrounder
L.Wintle- great bat
B.Collins- heaps of potential with both bat and ball

Old Mentonians- J.Seeary: Super sharp
J.Woite: Can do it all
D.Stevens: Moves it a mile
L.Mitchell: will be best player in VTCA in 10 years
K.Kell: middle order maestro

Port Melbourne- M.Daykin: best bat in vtca
J.Bolyle-: clever quick
B.Sutcliffe: heaps of potential
R.Jones: is he playing?

Let me know ur thoughts????

Thats a lot of good players there....

I wouldnt say that Seeary is super sharp,you might be thinking of his brother
at parkdale. Wintle is a good bat at best no superstar there, lalor is a solid all rounder but carnt hit spinners of the the square. just an observation from last year. Old mentonians will be competitive, mentone may not win a game unless they have ganed some players.

Note to punters....no Leaver at Old Mentone...one of their top run scorers last season....back to Casey Sth Melb.

it will be the first time for the OMCC getting this high for a while, and losing leaver is a big loss, but they have a knack of always being in the game, no matter the opposition, or the situation, i remember a game at there home ground where they were chasing 150 in a one dayer and slumped to 5/45 after 20 overs, yet their lower order players lifted them to a respectable 11 run loss, this kind of fight may see them win a few more games than people think this year.

while where on old mentonians, a bloke by the name of daniel russo now plays for them, first year back last year, came up through the 2's, but played 9 games in the 1's and showed some really good signs, could be a big year for him.

cricketfollower;406389 said:
it will be the first time for the OMCC getting this high for a while, and losing leaver is a big loss, but they have a knack of always being in the game, no matter the opposition, or the situation, i remember a game at there home ground where they were chasing 150 in a one dayer and slumped to 5/45 after 20 overs, yet their lower order players lifted them to a respectable 11 run loss, this kind of fight may see them win a few more games than people think this year.

while where on old mentonians, a bloke by the name of daniel russo now plays for them, first year back last year, came up through the 2's, but played 9 games in the 1's and showed some really good signs, could be a big year for him.

Russo is 26 or 27 from memory? Certainly not a spring chicken and would want to be playing 1s at that age!

I dont think anyone expects Old Mentonians to struggle, I'd say they would be in the mix for 3rd to 6th, behind Beauy and Port Melbourne who look to have a mortgage on the top 2 spots. Even if they have lost Leaver they still have Seeary and Woite and a few other stalwarts that will punch in for a few runs / wickets.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;406479 said:
Russo is 26 or 27 from memory? Certainly not a spring chicken and would want to be playing 1s at that age!

I dont think anyone expects Old Mentonians to struggle, I'd say they would be in the mix for 3rd to 6th, behind Beauy and Port Melbourne who look to have a mortgage on the top 2 spots. Even if they have lost Leaver they still have Seeary and Woite and a few other stalwarts that will punch in for a few runs / wickets.

first year back since his school cricket days? will take a while to get back to his best form, so give him time.

how will youlden parkville fair this season in the south division after making the move from the senior division over the winter??

Note to punters.....little birdy told me the Eastwood boys moving from Chelsea to Hampton Park....might be just a viscious rumour...watch this space!!!
Leaves the seagulls a bit thin for bowling and experience! Back to South A!?

Stacey left CSM very early last season.

I did hear something about him not getting on with the coach.

The word around is stacy was not real impressed with Casey selections across the board (bit of playing favourites i reckon) he was also struggling with injuries and interest. And the arrival of his 1st baby just after the season may have played a part aswell.
Another whisper is they've also lost Jewell which could hurt a bit.

Yeah Chris Jewell has moved out of the area- livingup in the hills and will be playing in the Ferntree Gully league this season for Upwey. Big loss for Brighton as he usually makes 250+ runs a season.

Back