South Division 2011/12

Parkdale, Port Melbourne & Chelsea look the front runners at this stage. Would be very interesting to see a rematch of the Port v Chelsea final in 08, where Port choked harder than any sporting team ever known to man.

If you are wondering why Parkdale have been so quiet, they are still out celebrating the Premiership that was awarded to them in December at the end of round 6. Most clubs are not aware of this rule, however it is a little known VTCA rule that has been enforced this season

Chelsea are ordinary as you saw this round by losing to Brighton. They are only in the 4 because they had a lucky outright against an awfull Chelt side. Replace Chelsea with Old Ment and your winner will come from those 3.

How good is Daykin! Must be easily the best bat I've seen in the VTCA, for clean hitting and ability to pick bowlers off at will. With Ace at the other end you'd want to have posted a decent score to place any pressure, apart from Sutcliffe Port do drop away after those pair, but Christ what a pair! Anyone seen a better bat in this grade?

How good is Daykin! Must be easily the best bat I've seen in the VTCA, for clean hitting and ability to pick bowlers off at will. With Ace at the other end you'd want to have posted a decent score to place any pressure, apart from Sutcliffe Port do drop away after those pair, but Christ what a pair! Anyone seen a better bat in this grade?
I think the 2 Cole boys go quite well too, but they do bat around Daykin, like most other clubs would.

I think the 2 Cole boys go quite well too, but they do bat around Daykin, like most other clubs would.

Every club would bat round a superstar like Daykin. He is far too good for the Vtca, should be playing District cricket. It will be interesting game this week Old Ment vs Port, potential Grand Final Rehearsal. Parkdale need to stop sliding with a potenial banana skin against Brighton District

There's not much difference in their bowling attacks, big difference in the batting. Agree BB, we need to get back in the winners circle. At home which is always the preferred option vs Brighton Districts.
Gotta say though coming up against a player like Daykin is great, you work out if your game is in order!

After another shocking performance with bat, David Teasdale has quit as captain of Mentone. Don't no how he keeps getting picked, if he does I should get a game after playing in the 3s all year.

Ive heard some rumblings from the brindisi boys aswell mailman. Apparently the club has put an alcohol ban on Teasdale for the remainder of the season. He was caught smuggling johnny walkers into there club scorers retirement home across the road so he could play around with his one armed carer joyce

We will see where Port Melbourne is after this weekend when it comes to chasing a handy score! The Old Ment boys have amassed around 250 and the Port boys have been known to choke in big games with the bat. We only have to remember last years semi with their batsman unable to score and then a little further back in a GF against Chelsea where again their batsman choked badly.
Can Daykin make runs when it really counts?
Can anyone else in their team bat with him if he does or without him if he doesn’t? This is the question on everyone’s lips. If they come up trumps they move into flag favouritism if not the chocking tag will remain with them until they can perform under pressure in big games.

What's happened to Parkdale? Losing outright to Brighton District? Why would you declare 9 down to give Brighton an achievable chase?

And Old Mentonians win the grand final preview, looks like the sledge to Daykin and his team mates paid off, well done.

Yeah some funny ones...might as well make all games one dayers! Dare I say it with Port Melbourne? Not sure whow made their runs yet but got told Daykin made a duck!

What's happened to Parkdale? Losing outright to Brighton District? Why would you declare 9 down to give Brighton an achievable chase?

And Old Mentonians win the grand final preview, looks like the sledge to Daykin and his team mates paid off, well done.

I wasn't at the game on sat but I know one of the guys wife's was due on the Friday so she must've had the baby and he wasn't at the game hence the declaration 9 down

I wasn't at the game on sat but I know one of the guys wife's was due on the Friday so she must've had the baby and he wasn't at the game hence the declaration 9 down

Nope, nothing like that. We were struggling to get the last wicket, with the last pair having batted for 5+ overs, when for some reason they declared. We couldn't figure it out but were happy to take it. Ended up getting the runs with one ball remaining.

Looks like the Port lads struggled chasing down runs on board again. However considering they only have '2 bats'. Its not a bad effort making 220 considering Daykin and Khawaja made 15 between them. Think they have a bit more than people give them credit for. Take away Tolleys 120 and Old Ment dont have much batting, they are very reliant on him with the batting

Astonishing decision by Parkdale. That 'Senior Division attack' must of fancied knocking them over in 15 overs. That might come back to bite them if they miss out on the 4.

Imagine some of the Senior Division teams travelling to Brighton next year. Would love to see O'Keefe and Bakers face turining up to Dendy Park

Makes it a great last 3 games of the regular season.

Where is everyones money?

Nope, nothing like that. We were struggling to get the last wicket, with the last pair having batted for 5+ overs, when for some reason they declared. We couldn't figure it out but were happy to take it. Ended up getting the runs with one ball remaining.

When you think about it they would've thought they had nothing to lose... Brighton were quite some points back and they'd already lost so I'm guessing that's the reasoning behind it...

Brighton have now jumped into the 4, and they certainly had something to lose if Brighton ends up in the 4 at Parky's expense. They certainly had nothing to gain with only 15 overs, unless they did think their 'senior division attack' would take 10 Brighton wickets in 15 overs.

Back