Southern Stars Vs Silver Ferns.

Richie

Staff member
There actually is some cricket on at the moment here at home tho most are not aware of it. Our Southern Stars are taking on arch rivals from across the ditch the Silver Ferns in a 6 match T20I/ ODI series in Brisbane starting tomorrow. The Stars drew first blood in a warm up yesterday with a close win.

Baggers.

Last edited:
Signman Signman .

No doubt you'll be following your Silver Ferns Mal. Tell me this how has CA allowed the women to play this series yet cancelled the male equivalent series. The mind boggles.

Last edited:
The Southern Stars draw first blood with a 17 run win over the Silver Ferns in T20 #1.

Signman Signman .

No doubt you'll be following your Silver Ferns Mal. Tell me this how has CA allowed the women to play this series yet cancelled the male equivalent series. The mind boggles.
Richie, we got a real thrashing in the 2nd one, Aussie played really well... the kiwi sheilas didn't help themselves though with a poor batting performance & an even worse bowling effort constantly bowling in bad areas.

Thought the banter between the NZ Keeper & your commentators was hilarious.

Richie, we got a real thrashing in the 2nd one, Aussie played really well... the kiwi sheilas didn't help themselves though with a poor batting performance & an even worse bowling effort constantly bowling in bad areas.

Thought the banter between the NZ Keeper & your commentators was hilarious.
Yeh Mal a hammering and without the worlds best cricketer Ellyse Perry. I will watch the replay later.

If any team plays that poorly though means the opposition have hardly had any pressure applied to them, our sheilas team have played like garbage so far & them having to go into quarantine for a couple of weeks is definitely no excuse... they need a good uppercut from their coach & have to go into the last 20/20 with far better mindset & focus, like any sports team it's about each individual doing their job properly, then they'll perform well as a team.

Yeah, they played much better as a team Richie - don't see the logic in our coach having Amelia Kerr so far down the order ? it's really silly as she has scored a double hundred in an ODI... she is only 19, but showed excellent composure to get us over the line in the 3rd 20/20, impressed with her leg spin bowling too, she has a very fluent action.

I too was impressed with Amelia Kerr's action when I first saw her and what a double play that was .. the double hundred and a bagful of wickets. Like many young cricketers she may have failed to live up to the pressure of expectation as she has struggled a touch since. But this may just be the fillip her career needs. Kerr is a bit like promising Aussie leggie Amanda Jade Wellington who Adam Gilchrist called all class and reminded him of a young Shane Warne. Big wraps but after becoming the youngest player for South Australia and playing a handful of international matches for both the Shooting Stars (U21) and the Southern Stars she lost her way too. Wellington will be back as she is still very young.. a year
older than Kerr.

Last edited:
Southern Stars are having a white ball purple patch, rolling the Kiwi girls in the first of three ODI s on Saturday. Their seven-wicket thrashing was set up by the slow-bowling trio of wristie Georgia Wareham and left-arm spin pair Jess Jonassen and Sophie Molineux, who strangled the visitors' scoring options with a procession of dot balls.

Last edited:
White Ferns mate... Silver Ferns are our sheilas netball team.
I too was impressed with Amelia Kerr's action when I first saw her and what a double play that was .. the double hundred and a bagful of wickets. Like many young cricketers she may have failed to live up to the pressure of expectation as she has struggled a touch since. But this may just be the fillip her career needs. Kerr is a bit like promising Aussie leggie Amanda Jade Wellington who Adam Gilchrist called all class and reminded him of a young Shane Warne. Big wraps but after becoming the youngest player for South Australia and playing a handful of international matches for both the Shooting Stars (U21) and the Southern Stars she lost her way too. Wellington will be back as she is still very young.. a year
older than Kerr.
Yeah Richie, young very talented players tend to start their careers very well, then other players work them out through video analysing etc so end up nullifying their batting or bowling a bit, then it's up those young players to adjust & improve to perform more consistently.

Southern Stars are having a white ball purple patch, rolling the Kiwi girls in the first of three ODI s on Saturday. Their seven-wicket thrashing was set up by the slow-bowling trio of wristie Georgia Wareham and left-arm spin pair Jess Jonassen and Sophie Molineux, who strangled the visitors' scoring options with a procession of dot balls.
We got absolutely thrashed Richie, were well beaten in the 2nd one too - didn't get to see either of those matches, which was probably a good thing mate 😉

Can our Stars complete the clean sweep of the Rose Bowl series Mal after another walloping of your White Ferns. They had no answer to Meg Lanning on what looked a real belter for batting. Amelia Kerr bowled beautifully.

Mal the Kiwi men should be over here playing us. But this IPL always seems to take precedence. There are about 15 Aussies who will miss the first four rounds of our domestic red ball comp because of it , including 6 Blues (NSW). The worst thing as I've already alluded to is our Test players will be going into the Indian series underdone with the red ball.. gggrrr.

Can our Stars complete a clean sweep of the Rose Bowl series Mal?
They sure can with a 232 run annihilation of the hapless White Ferns. Again it was the Stars spin bowling cartel that did most of the damage. I am hearing the Southern Stars has now equalled the men's record for most consecutive ODI wins.

Pretty gutless from us overall in both short forms of the game... well done to your team though Richie, that's a very impressive record they have in ODIs 👍

Back