Spikes!

Re: Spikes!

I wear Adidas 22 Yard Low Cut Full Spikes to bowl in. (If it were purely for bowling would get the ankle boots, but find it easier to field in low cut). And i bat in GM Half Spikes.

A bit like your bra, mas? Can't give you the support you need, and the ones that do aren't sexy enough to impress your boyfriend? :p Geez it sounds serious without the emoticon. No offense intended btw.

What would you recommend for me, I might be play on turf for the hatch team this season, first time.

A training bra, especially if you haven't had one before!

Depends really, if you're bowling a lot on turf then full spikes are a must, or at least a pair of half and halfs.

Is half and half full spikes on the left foot and rubber spikes on the back foot for a right hander?? Would that mean I have to buy two pair or are they removable and screw on?

You should be able to buy a pair of full spikes and then some rubber spikes and just replace the back ones.

ca_half_spike.jpg

That is the traditional design, but most now come with both types of spikes, so you can change them as you please.

You can normally buy packs like these.

I bowl in full spikes and bat in rubbers (trainers) because I find that batting in spikes means I plant my foot and can't move it again!!

Just bought some spikes :D G&M ones.

I'm a bowler so do you reckon what, use full spikes and bat in runners or bat in full spikes or change my full spikes to rubbers while I'm waiting to bat?

I bowl in bowling boots, as I've always had quite week ankles, but I will only ever bat in trainers/rubber soles, as I once had a serious knee injury after getting the spikes stuck whilst playing a pull shot!
Although i am seriously considering half spikes for batting for next season.

Jonesy,
I`d just wear my spikes if I were you, I think injuries may be few and far between down to wearing spikes. You only have to risk wearing spikes once when batting and could go back to "runners" if you feel uncomfortable. I can`t tell I`m wearing spikes whilst batting to be honest and have never been bogged down even with 100kgs (16 st) in slippy conditions!!
By the way I didn`t win everything on Arcade I couldn`t get the Dirt Rider series. But what else was a boy to do when his misses is addicted to every soap that telly can provide??

Wayne

Jonesy, give it a go in spikes and see how you feel.

I tend to alternate between spikes and rubbers/trainers but it depends on the weather and how damp the pitch is. Being much dryer in Australia you'll probably get away with rubbers a lot more.

Back