SS Sundridges

ladiesman217

SS Sundridges

Whats everyone's general consensus on this company and quality. A number of there bats are getting around a pretty good prices (not being overly dodgy) Im going in within the next week or two to see how they feel.
Any one used them before?

Re: SS Sundridges

There stuff is alright - like most companies, if you get the real deal then chances are it'll be decent enough. One of the problems with companies like SS and other Indian brands is the number of fakes out there. It has an impact on their image through no real fault of their own.

Hello all, First time poster - please take it easy on me!

I come from India originally (now living in Aus) and they (SS) are massive back in India. BAS, BDM and SG used to be the most trusted brands - Definitely SS now. All my mates (who are still playing) get SS now.

Got a SS Orange couple of years back - cheap english wilow bat (great grains) but really great. Took the stickers off and it plays great - people ask me if its a custom bat! still plays great.

As long as you dont buy from India you should be alright. I have not seen even one fake on ebay Australia so far. just compare with bat stickers and prices on their websites - google ss cricket.

if you have a model in mind ask away- I have wasted too much time on cricket while growing up-and a lot of it looking and trying out diff equipment!
:)

Hey!
I ended up getting a SS Ranger which im very happy with and the price I paid. Did some further researching and found out the differences between the English and Kashmir willow bats. As they make a Ranger in both willows it's not hard to tell the difference between the two.

Only thing im annoyed with, was after knocking it in (2 weeks) we had a cheap ball in with the others and it has a few seam marks and a very minor crack in the toe area which shouldn't affect it's performance but it's just an eye sore. But I guess it can't look new forever!

Golden tip with SS bats:

If the bat says GENUINE Willow or Kashmir willow at the top (close to the handle on the front) its kAshmir willow. If it says English willow its english willow.

Otherwise some SS bat models its hard to tell which ones are which.

ladiesman217, yes, the SS RANGER comes in English as well as Kashmir willow. Which one did you end up getting?

Yeah your right its got English Willow written on the bat and its TON burnt/carved in (I think) on the edges and the back of the bat Kashmir versions have SS burnt in.
I ended up with the English Willow.It was more than double the price compared to the Kashmir version.
It was off ebay from a seller in Melbourne. He does do viewings but I live a good 2.5hrs from his place cause he had a decent selection of bats. But I was happy to wing it he had a perfect rep, was helpful and guaranteed its authenticity. He even as far as saying if it snapped in half a year later and wasn't genuine he'd replace it.
But it does have a great middle!!

Back