Stanford 20/20 for 20: Stanford Superstars vs England at Antigua

Re: Stanford 20/20 for 20: Stanford Superstars vs England at Antigua

well played england you've managed to embarass yourselves across the tv of over a hundred countries. I think kp's comment after the match summed it up something along the lines of maybe we should have concentrated on the cricket.

gundalf7;277424 said:
well played england you've managed to embarass yourselves across the tv of over a hundred countries.

Now now, they've done that plenty of times in the past and with a lot less at stake. :eek:

To be fair, it wasn't a great performance. It either shows that England are rubbish under pressure, they had another false dawn in the limited overs format of the game over the summer or that the Stanford stars are a decent 20/20 outfit (which personally I think they are).

England terrible under pressure.

Glad this micky mouse stuff is over, was and is ridiculous concept.

I tend to agree with you there but the same can be said for many of the 20/20 tournaments. Most, if not all are being driven by greed.

So West...I mean Stanford Superstars (;)) get an easy win. Pretty poor effort from England, I think they may have been seeing dolarr signs rather than a white ball when batting

Stanford Superstars ve England at Stanford Cricket Ground, Coolidge, Antigua

England Innings a.o. 99 (19.5 overs)

Samit Patel 22 (24)

Sulieman Benn 3/16 (3.5)
Darren Sammy 2/13 (4)
Jerome Taylor 2/25 (4)
Kieron Pollard 2/26 (4)

Stanford Superstars 0/101 (12.4 overs)

Chris Gayle 65* (45)
Andre Fletcher 32* (31)

Result: Stanford Superstars won by ten wickets
Series: Stanford Superstars win 2008/09 Stanford Twenty20 for 20
Man of the Match: Darren Sammy

Stanford!

for some reason i couldnt find and threads about this, anyway WHAT a game,engalnds got raped to be honest.
i personally wanted the stanford superstars to win because they deserved it more and played better cricket, great atmosphere throughout the game, loveed the ending.
Whats ur thoughts?

(no complaining about lights or pitch, because if you hadnt noticed the stanford team managed just fine)

Re: Stanford!

Comprehensively outplayed in every department really! One thing I thought was amazing was how every 6 England attempted found a fielder - while every shot into the air by the SS :))) went near nobody! The only thing I could think of was that England were fielding to stop singles? Not that it would have mattered - Gayles 6's were HUGE.

The game was a bit boring though, I fell asleep about halfway through the SS innings. 2020 is no fun unless the game is close.

Wolf;277224 said:
They are quite right in leaving him out though, he would be smashed around in T20 cricket, it always happens with him once he gets hit for a couple of fours the wheels come off dramatically and he keeps getiing hit. As good as ODI bowler he is he shouldn't be selected for T20 cricket.

In the last 6 20/20s

24-1-163-7 average 23.28 econ 6.79 s/r 20.50 - Anderson
24-0-205-8 average 25.62 econ 8.54 s/r 18.00 - Broad

Slipstream;278236 said:
In the last 6 20/20s

24-1-163-7 average 23.28 econ 6.79 s/r 20.50 - Anderson
24-0-205-8 average 25.62 econ 8.54 s/r 18.00 - Broad

Broad is a better bat though! And I think Anderson was replaced because the pitch was so slow, so they thought they'd need another spinner. So you'd have to check how his stats compare to Swann and Patel.

Back