Stuart Surridge LE Jumbo, Duke, Turbo

Stuart Surridge LE Jumbo, Duke, Turbo

Does anyone have a Limited edition SS Jumbo, Turbo, or Duke? What do you think of it.

I have just ordered a jumbo from an online retailer (a reputable one!), and I'm having second thoughts as to what the willow quality will be like.

Thanks guys.

And go the Black Caps (esp Martin Guptill) tomorrow at Eden Park.

Re: Stuart Surridge LE Jumbo, Duke, Turbo

I picked up a run of the mill Surridge around march of last year. Only bought it as a second bat really but I have to say that it's been one of the best I've had. Good middle and nice pick up.

It really surpassed my expectations, especially as SS had become something of a joke company.

If you've ordered a limo (LE) then the willow should be good quality. Of course, no guarantees as to how it'll play but you're giving yourself the best chance of getting a good one.

Re: Stuart Surridge LE Jumbo, Duke, Turbo

They just lost their way a bit, especially when you consider what sort of market share they had. They could easily have been in the same sort of place that the likes of Gunn & Moore or Grey Nicholls are now.

However, the joke comment really stems from this - in the UK, SS seemed to be cricket supplier of choice for a number of PE departments and often kids had the (dis)pleasure of being given a 3lb odd SS Jumbo to go and bat with from the school kit. These bats were heavy and normally made of the worst wood going, obviously because they were built to last rather than for any kind of performance - the ball only went places because of the sheer weight of wood hitting it.

Not great when you're 11 or 12 years old - as such they became somewhat 'legendary' to people of my age group. I guess the joke bit is more of a throw back to my school days than a true reflection of the company.

As I said though, I'm most impressed with the bat I picked up and would have little hesitation in buying another one.

Back