subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

simmo;201938 said:
You blokes talk a lot of rubbish about stuff you know nothing about.
Half the rumours and crap that you go on about you make up yourselves on here.

hahahaha you dill you read it and post back about it.......get real.......hahahahaha

now lets get back to the cricket........

howd melton go D.H????........you owe me cash willy v box hill tied in the two's...........now we did say what grade now did we...........? 10 times $51?........

altona defeated melton............mmmmmmmm
sunshine defeated mt waverly...........mmmmmmmm
willy defeated box hill.............mmmmmmmmm....7 zip
on a wicket we thought 170 180 would be a good score........
box hill won the toss and elected to bat first.........8/154 off 45.........
after being 0/20 odd off 15 a pretty slow start for the hill men and some good bowling from speakman in his 200 game and big clemo........maidens a plenty.......a run out from young d.davis to start the wickets falling 2/35 off 20.........goldsmith,snell took us on with some decent hitting over the top saw the run rate reach 3 an over for the first time......cam smith injuring his hammy left us 1 bowler short.......murdoch took over and got goldy within 5 ball of his spell from a great boundry riding catch by d.davis..........game on.......wickets falling to croft murdoch and croft again snell showing he is a class act by digging deep and continuing to score freely.......6/100 off 38....7 to go things looking good captian courages ''shepherd''hahahaha doing an ok job with the bat with some unorthadox shots........what a dill he is........hahahah but a soft dissmissal was his down fall 7/128.........a little partnership at the end we were very confident after 45 we could get the job done......wickets shared around...........a good fielding performance........

willy 8/155 off 43.2........
a solid start being 1/35 off 9 my good self out for 10 drain hitting them well and in front on the run rate sheeds in with a coulpe of boundries 2/51 in the 15th sheeds out after a coulple of tight maidens.......drain the next 1 to go 3/60 odd off 20 overs.......hodgey and bubba smith in some more maidens and tight bowling good fielding saw the run rate slow with the spinners on a couple of l.b's with rohan going cheeply hodgey being run out with a direct hit........in comes crofty with the licence to have a crack with the run rate lifting some wierd fielding possies on our big ground and some bowling changes that in the end won us the game........crofty playing some deft touches and smart batting through third man getting the run rate to where it should be........murdoch out for a well made 22 young gun d.davis a first baller game on with box hill on top cam smith with a runner out for 5 the score 8/122 off 39.......in comes clemo to finish the job off with some good running between the wickets and soft hands 14 n.o and crofty 36 n.o got the job done with 3 and a bit overs to go....the best bowling attack we have come up against.....great win.........whilst there were some negatives with the batting.......sheeds words were all positive after the game saying ''good sides find ways to win'' and we definately did that......3 and a half wins for the club today a great start to the year......and should be still up there with the club championship........

top scorers
drain 22
murdoch 22
croft 36 n.o man of the match with a couple of wickets aswell
clemo 14 n.o

i just wanna add well done to 1 of the young kids in the 4ths got his first ever ton today 119 out of 5/189 well done to trent mckenzie another young talent we will see push up the grade's........

simmo;201938 said:
You blokes talk a lot of rubbish about stuff you know nothing about.
Half the rumours and crap that you go on about you make up yourselves on here.

hahahaha you dill you read it and post back about it.......get real.......hahahahaha

howd melton go D.H????........you owe me cash willy v box hill tied in the two's...........now we did say what grade now did we...........? 10 times $51?........

after being 0/20 odd off 15 a pretty slow start for the hill men and some good bowling from speakman in his 200 game and big clemo........maidens a plenty.......a run out from young d.davis to start the wickets falling 2/35 off 20.........goldsmith,snell took us on with some decent hitting over the top saw the run rate reach 3 an over for the first time......cam smith injuring his hammy left us 1 bowler short.......murdoch took over and got goldy within 5 ball of his spell from a great boundry riding catch by d.davis..........game on.......wickets falling to croft murdoch and croft again snell showing he is a class act by digging deep and continuing to score freely.......6/100 off 38....7 to go things looking good captian courages ''shepherd''hahahaha doing an ok job with the bat with some unorthadox shots........what a dill he is........hahahah but a soft dissmissal was his down fall 7/128.........a little partnership at the end we were very confident after 45 we could get the job done......wickets shared around...........a good fielding performance........

a solid start being 1/35 off 9 my good self out for 10 drain hitting them well and in front on the run rate sheeds in with a coulpe of boundries 2/51 in the 15th sheeds out after a coulple of tight maidens.......drain the next 1 to go 3/60 odd off 20 overs.......hodgey and bubba smith in some more maidens and tight bowling good fielding saw the run rate slow with the spinners on a couple of l.b's with rohan going cheeply hodgey being run out with a direct hit........in comes crofty with the licence to have a crack with the run rate lifting some wierd fielding possies on our big ground and some bowling changes that in the end won us the game........crofty playing some deft touches and smart batting through third man getting the run rate to where it should be........murdoch out for a well made 22 young gun d.davis a first baller game on with box hill on top cam smith with a runner out for 5 the score 8/122 off 39.......in comes clemo to finish the job off with some good running between the wickets and soft hands 14 n.o and crofty 36 n.o got the job done with 3 and a bit overs to go....the best bowling attack we have come up against.....great win.........whilst there were some negatives with the batting.......sheeds words were all positive after the game saying ''good sides find ways to win'' and we definately did that......3 and a half wins for the club today a great start to the year......and should be still up there with the club championship........

top scorers
drain 22
murdoch 22
clemo 14 n.o

i just wanna add well done to 1 of the young kids in the 4ths got his first ever ton today 119 out of 5/189 well done to trent mckenzie another young talent we will see push up the grade's........

Double Barrel;201907 said:
Sheeds would not be on 3,000 he would have to be on about 15,000-20,000....rumour had it that he was going to go back to Premier this season so for him to stay he would have had to have been offered some good cash...

how true you are........melbourne offered him some good cash aswell to assistant coach but the fact of playing in a granny and a chance to do it again with the brothers swayed him our way........good offers from broardy aswell.......

Double Barrel;201907 said:
Sheeds would not be on 3,000 he would have to be on about 15,000-20,000....rumour had it that he was going to go back to Premier this season so for him to stay he would have had to have been offered some good cash...

how true you are........melbourne offered him some good cash aswell to assistant coach but the fact of playing in a granny and a chance to do it again with the brothers swayed him our way........good offers from broardy aswell.......

weapons05/06;201996 said:

top scorers
drain 22
murdoch 22
clemo 14 n.o

surely you're due for runs weapo
you say as long as the team wins you don't care and a valid point that is
but when's your time gonna come?
any input?

top scorers
drain 22
murdoch 22
clemo 14 n.o

any input?

concrete;202024 said:
any input?

i think its time to go back a grade........i am overdue@|

what happened yesterday give us a rundown.........please.....gordy got the job done again

concrete;202024 said:
any input?

what happened yesterday give us a rundown.........please.....gordy got the job done again

Piston Broke;201846 said:
Not disputing that Dale's kids fees were paid,but Parade College is just a Catholic school like CBC,St Bedes etc,perhaps $3000 a year,not much more.
I heard Ayres ws only on $8000 at Malvern so I couldn't believe he'd be on anything like 15k especially in the twilight of his career,grossly overpaid if he is.As for Dale I've only seen him bowl a couple of times and he 's certainly not worth 18-20k at his age.Yarraville Club must have inflated the market.

Taylor - $22,000 last year

Piston Broke;201846 said:
Not disputing that Dale's kids fees were paid,but Parade College is just a Catholic school like CBC,St Bedes etc,perhaps $3000 a year,not much more.
I heard Ayres ws only on $8000 at Malvern so I couldn't believe he'd be on anything like 15k especially in the twilight of his career,grossly overpaid if he is.As for Dale I've only seen him bowl a couple of times and he 's certainly not worth 18-20k at his age.Yarraville Club must have inflated the market.

Taylor - $22,000 last year

weapons05/06;202042 said:

just wasn't melton's best performance, but they will bounce back stronger!

weapons05/06;202042 said:

concrete;202084 said:

obviously........i want a run down on the game......cant chase 130 was the ground slow.......id say that the a's batting would be better than their bowling........also your batting to be better than your bowling.......
box hill next week you think altona is a good side........box hill even better.....

my question is how will you's bounce back?

concrete;202084 said:

obviously........i want a run down on the game......cant chase 130 was the ground slow.......id say that the a's batting would be better than their bowling........also your batting to be better than your bowling.......
box hill next week you think altona is a good side........box hill even better.....

weapons05/06;202092 said:

play a consistent 160 overs

weapons05/06;202092 said:

concrete;202093 said:

no run down young bloke........?

give me something........howd d.h go.........?
how many wickets did you get?

what did the coach have to say after the game.......?

concrete;202093 said:

weapons05/06;202098 said:

your a smart bloke brownie, obviously the coach wouldnt have been too happy, what would sheeds say if you guys couldnt chase that many runs???.. also was a bit harder with one batsman down after an early injury in the game but not using that as an excuse the boys still should of won.. but thats cricket

weapons05/06;202098 said:

your a smart bloke brownie, obviously the coach wouldnt have been too happy, what would sheeds say if you guys couldnt chase that many runs???.. also was a bit harder with one batsman down after an early injury in the game but not using that as an excuse the boys still should of won.. but thats cricket

Well boys a big week of cricket.
A few upsets in the 2's in those funny games called 1 dayers.
Bayswater getting over Oakleigh suprises me a whole lot.
We had a tie with Box Hill in a very strange game, wides cost us the game, we bowled 31 just no excuse for that.
Altona getting over Melton wasn't an upset but it was a huge scoring game with both sides making over 250, well done to seamer with his first score of the year with 42.
Croydon easily over Broady which i picked.
Noble Park another upset over Endeavour.
Sunshine and Mt Wav playing out the 2nd tie of the round.
Very strange week of cricket in the 2s.
Im not sure what the score was with Yarra vs Wbee because the site hasn't got the scores up yet, maybe someone can fill me in.

Well boys a big week of cricket.
A few upsets in the 2's in those funny games called 1 dayers.
Bayswater getting over Oakleigh suprises me a whole lot.
We had a tie with Box Hill in a very strange game, wides cost us the game, we bowled 31 just no excuse for that.
Altona getting over Melton wasn't an upset but it was a huge scoring game with both sides making over 250, well done to seamer with his first score of the year with 42.
Croydon easily over Broady which i picked.
Noble Park another upset over Endeavour.
Sunshine and Mt Wav playing out the 2nd tie of the round.
Very strange week of cricket in the 2s.
Im not sure what the score was with Yarra vs Wbee because the site hasn't got the scores up yet, maybe someone can fill me in.

As for player of the round goes.
A.Wesley from Altona takes it out with 123 against Melton.
It must have been a good deck seamer?
Both side making over 260 and i cant believe that Matt Siedlecki make 66, he batted 11 against us so he must have done well.
Maybe you can tell us how good Wesley's knock was?
Do you think now that Altona are the side to beat heading towards the finals?

Both side making over 260 and i cant believe that Matt Siedlecki make 66, he batted 11 against us so he must have done well.

Young Willi Lad;202164 said:

matt "crazy legs" siedlecki, up and coming young gun ywl!

matt "crazy legs" siedlecki, up and coming young gun ywl!

Still no results from Sundays game at Werribee?Don't think the telegraph has gone that far yet,will have to wait for the next stagecoach out of the plaza before the scores get through.
Your game must have been a nail biter YWL,did you contribute any?

Still no results from Sundays game at Werribee?Don't think the telegraph has gone that far yet,will have to wait for the next stagecoach out of the plaza before the scores get through.
Your game must have been a nail biter YWL,did you contribute any?

How did you go on the weekend YWL?

How did you go on the weekend YWL?

top scorers
drain 22
murdoch 22
clemo 14 n.o

Nice run down Mark. Missed out again mate?? How were they coming off the bat?? Can you see a score just around the corner??

top scorers
drain 22
murdoch 22
clemo 14 n.o

Nice run down Mark. Missed out again mate?? How were they coming off the bat?? Can you see a score just around the corner??

Quickton;202227 said:

i think its time to go back to the two's for a couple of weeks......get involved bigtime with the young blokes and get a good score........relax a little.....look i made 10 runs a nice cut shot off blake for 3 but other than that all singles...2 dayers suit me best i recon but have to adapt to the situation of a 1 dayer......very dissapointing again i was......the juggenaught rolls on though last 10 matches all wins.......:eek:

a very interesting run in the next few matches.........altona then broady then endevour hills then mt waverly all teams vying finals positions.........so a testing run home and throw bayswater in there as well on the sunday..........we are gonna have to play some good cricket.............

Quickton;202227 said:

i think its time to go back to the two's for a couple of weeks......get involved bigtime with the young blokes and get a good score........relax a little.....look i made 10 runs a nice cut shot off blake for 3 but other than that all singles...2 dayers suit me best i recon but have to adapt to the situation of a 1 dayer......very dissapointing again i was......the juggenaught rolls on though last 10 matches all wins.......:eek:

a very interesting run in the next few matches.........altona then broady then endevour hills then mt waverly all teams vying finals positions.........so a testing run home and throw bayswater in there as well on the sunday..........we are gonna have to play some good cricket.............

seamer;202154 said:

im honest with you guys what about a little bit back........sheeds is a positive captian and wouldnt dwell on the negatives too much he'd let you know during the week 1 on 1........and knowing pilch a little bit and the way he goes about it........gee i would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the rooms listening to what he had to say........

seamer;202154 said:

im honest with you guys what about a little bit back........sheeds is a positive captian and wouldnt dwell on the negatives too much he'd let you know during the week 1 on 1........and knowing pilch a little bit and the way he goes about it........gee i would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the rooms listening to what he had to say........

Time for a look back at the weekends round of matches[been watching the tennis,bored ********less already]
Oakleigh chased down Bayswaters 7/169 with the cc Travaglia getting47 and the consistent Dean Connell 51 for the visitors
.In the match of the round Willy scraped home against Box Hill,with the tail gtting the leaders over the line after the Hillmen had posted a competitive 8/154cc.Snell continued his good form top scoring with 31 whilst the veteran Croft made an undefeated 36 for the winners.
Melton chasing Altona's meagre 138 fell short with 133 in a disappointing chase,with the evergreen Gordymac3/21 and a 30 and Pring getting 57 out of 138.
Broady held on to 2nd spot with a close one at Croydon,171 to 173 with another veteran,Hudson getting a fifty for the victors.
In a couple of games without much signifigance End Hills beat Noble Park 158 to 155,and Werribee 186 too good for a disappointing Yarraville147.
The final gme threw up the upset of the season so far when Sunshine ran down Mt Waverleys big total of 9/226 with 7/229,a marvellous effort and good on em.Bartlett and Ferguson both got runs for the Mounties but their attack seems to struggle at times.This result could be pivotal in deciding the make up of the ladder at seasons end.
Bucket head,any surprises in your side?

Time for a look back at the weekends round of matches[been watching the tennis,bored ********less already]
Oakleigh chased down Bayswaters 7/169 with the cc Travaglia getting47 and the consistent Dean Connell 51 for the visitors
.In the match of the round Willy scraped home against Box Hill,with the tail gtting the leaders over the line after the Hillmen had posted a competitive 8/154cc.Snell continued his good form top scoring with 31 whilst the veteran Croft made an undefeated 36 for the winners.
Melton chasing Altona's meagre 138 fell short with 133 in a disappointing chase,with the evergreen Gordymac3/21 and a 30 and Pring getting 57 out of 138.
Broady held on to 2nd spot with a close one at Croydon,171 to 173 with another veteran,Hudson getting a fifty for the victors.
In a couple of games without much signifigance End Hills beat Noble Park 158 to 155,and Werribee 186 too good for a disappointing Yarraville147.
The final gme threw up the upset of the season so far when Sunshine ran down Mt Waverleys big total of 9/226 with 7/229,a marvellous effort and good on em.Bartlett and Ferguson both got runs for the Mounties but their attack seems to struggle at times.This result could be pivotal in deciding the make up of the ladder at seasons end.

Piston Broke;202287 said:

hudson from broady has been in fine form P.B 140 odd in his last outing as well as some 30's and 40's........

wt waverly were 0/110 big result for sunny.........always a good track down there at dempster park.....

bartlett opened the bowling for the mounts.......what does he bowl......meds?

Piston Broke;202287 said:

hudson from broady has been in fine form P.B 140 odd in his last outing as well as some 30's and 40's........

wt waverly were 0/110 big result for sunny.........always a good track down there at dempster park.....

bartlett opened the bowling for the mounts.......what does he bowl......meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back