subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Ok , PH this weeks games at a glance for n/s
Ivanhoe v B/op Although ivanhoe getting closer think B o/p willhave too many big time players especially now cavigan has some runs
Elsty v Brighton Elsty to defeat a depleted and deflated brighton
Malvern v Ormond Ormonds young guys to go down to the top side , although dont think malvern can go to lightly as they have some good young quicks
Preston v Coburg Preston to beat a struggling coburg
Kew v brunswick Brunswick surprizes many with their ladder position,so i think they will fall over the line again
Kingston Vcaulfield Saints to be on the losing side again against a team starting to play so good cricket
Moorabbin v balwyn ,match of the round i reckon.2 even batting teams ,but moorabbins bowling to get them a win

Ok , PH this weeks games at a glance for n/s
Ivanhoe v B/op Although ivanhoe getting closer think B o/p willhave too many big time players especially now cavigan has some runs
Elsty v Brighton Elsty to defeat a depleted and deflated brighton
Malvern v Ormond Ormonds young guys to go down to the top side , although dont think malvern can go to lightly as they have some good young quicks
Preston v Coburg Preston to beat a struggling coburg
Kew v brunswick Brunswick surprizes many with their ladder position,so i think they will fall over the line again
Kingston Vcaulfield Saints to be on the losing side again against a team starting to play so good cricket
Moorabbin v balwyn ,match of the round i reckon.2 even batting teams ,but moorabbins bowling to get them a win

Double Barrel;202630 said:
Hey Weapo sounds like your in more strife than Pakistan at the moment!!!!
Mate a bit of advice just concentrate on the ball and the rest will follow!!!!
What does Sheeds do down at Willy any coaching??????

sheeds......tuesday nights.......has a bat and a hit on the bowling machine hits some big bombs on that thing......a bit of a trundle as well....lots of time picking the team for the weekend so we dont see much of the captians on a tuesday......most nights he does some running and might take us for some fielding (1st 11)........the coaching side of things steve takes care of most of the time and we have in place different things we can do 1 on 1 or in a group.......so its more of keep yourself occupied if your not bowling or batting........but when there is 4 nets happening most of the time people are there........fielding afterwards......2 or 3 groups.......or rohan might take us for sprints.......:eek:

a bit of an essay there but sheeds hardly does any coaching.......why do you ask.....?

thanks for your advice.........@|
and thats 1 thing that has caused my downfall this year.........

Double Barrel;202630 said:
Hey Weapo sounds like your in more strife than Pakistan at the moment!!!!
Mate a bit of advice just concentrate on the ball and the rest will follow!!!!
What does Sheeds do down at Willy any coaching??????

sheeds......tuesday nights.......has a bat and a hit on the bowling machine hits some big bombs on that thing......a bit of a trundle as well....lots of time picking the team for the weekend so we dont see much of the captians on a tuesday......most nights he does some running and might take us for some fielding (1st 11)........the coaching side of things steve takes care of most of the time and we have in place different things we can do 1 on 1 or in a group.......so its more of keep yourself occupied if your not bowling or batting........but when there is 4 nets happening most of the time people are there........fielding afterwards......2 or 3 groups.......or rohan might take us for sprints.......:eek:

a bit of an essay there but sheeds hardly does any coaching.......why do you ask.....?

thanks for your advice.........@|
and thats 1 thing that has caused my downfall this year.........

Need to keep my anonymity lads,helps to stay unbiased,anyway,good stuff BH,look forward to round 9 with another couple of cracking games.
Box Hill v Oakleigh-impossible one to start with,the Hillmen pushed Willy all the way and just have a feeling the slowish wicket might blunt the Oaks quick men so will go the home side in a ripper.
Altona vWilly-in the replay of 2006/7 g.f gotta stick with Willy,although sounds like they'll miss star all rounder C.Smith.A's c.c Wolfy is due for a score and will need to produce one here if the A's are to break the visitors winning streak.
Broady v Melton-Everyone still seems to doubt the Falcons,I'm not one of them,Goodwin will spin his side to a win over an enigmatic Melton.
End Hills v Croydon-The home side pulled off a good win last week at Noble and might be too good for an improving Croydon.
Mt Waverley v Noble-will the Mounties fall away again after Xmas?,cant keep relying on Bartlett and Ferguson every week and their attack is a bit suss,will tip the visitors in an upset.
Werribee v Sunshine-Tigers back in form and should get over the Crows who had a morale booster last week.
Yarra v Bayswater-losing their home ground might be starting to take it's toll on the Eagles and can't see them beating Bayswater away with Connell and Collins really firing.
Once again best of luck to all and if you're not playing try and get along to a game.

Need to keep my anonymity lads,helps to stay unbiased,anyway,good stuff BH,look forward to round 9 with another couple of cracking games.
Box Hill v Oakleigh-impossible one to start with,the Hillmen pushed Willy all the way and just have a feeling the slowish wicket might blunt the Oaks quick men so will go the home side in a ripper.
Altona vWilly-in the replay of 2006/7 g.f gotta stick with Willy,although sounds like they'll miss star all rounder C.Smith.A's c.c Wolfy is due for a score and will need to produce one here if the A's are to break the visitors winning streak.
Broady v Melton-Everyone still seems to doubt the Falcons,I'm not one of them,Goodwin will spin his side to a win over an enigmatic Melton.
End Hills v Croydon-The home side pulled off a good win last week at Noble and might be too good for an improving Croydon.
Mt Waverley v Noble-will the Mounties fall away again after Xmas?,cant keep relying on Bartlett and Ferguson every week and their attack is a bit suss,will tip the visitors in an upset.
Werribee v Sunshine-Tigers back in form and should get over the Crows who had a morale booster last week.
Yarra v Bayswater-losing their home ground might be starting to take it's toll on the Eagles and can't see them beating Bayswater away with Connell and Collins really firing.
Once again best of luck to all and if you're not playing try and get along to a game.

Piston Broke;202764 said:

enigmatic melton........though i dont know what it means sounds good.....lol
ill back melton.......my mate techno 1 aka dance hero feat david kirk to get the job done........even though he still owes me some coin.......
the boys from box hill were talking about a bit of a rivalry in their game with the oaks......should be a cracker......
my tips........
oaks......winning form is good form.........
willy......should be another interesting 1........no doubt.....c.smith possible 6 weeks....
melton.......last chance......broady win this what a big 1 next game will be.......
end hills
upset of the week........the crows for back to back wins......
mount waverly.....
yarra.........bats have to fire........lose this 1 they will be the wooden spooners......

good stuff p.b.....definately tipping comp next year what ya think.......?

enigmatic melton........though i dont know what it means sounds good.....lol
ill back melton.......my mate techno 1 aka dance hero feat david kirk to get the job done........even though he still owes me some coin.......
the boys from box hill were talking about a bit of a rivalry in their game with the oaks......should be a cracker......
my tips........
oaks......winning form is good form.........
willy......should be another interesting 1........no doubt.....c.smith possible 6 weeks....
melton.......last chance......broady win this what a big 1 next game will be.......
end hills
upset of the week........the crows for back to back wins......
mount waverly.....
yarra.........bats have to fire........lose this 1 they will be the wooden spooners......

good stuff p.b.....definately tipping comp next year what ya think.......?

melton will win this week, mark my words

melton will win this week, mark my words

altona won the toss and batted

another funny day at the office with the rain after no rain for 3 or 4 weeks.........

all out for 109
r.smith 4/9 off 10 6 maidens......wasnt playing in the game but the boys recon he was unplayable......plus some silly shot selection......
sheedy 3/25 of 13
croft 2/12 off 9
clemson 1/8 off 8
a's were 5/99 allout 109.......t.collins 39....gordy....19.....wolfe....16
last 5 bats all ducks.........

willy 1/59
sheedy 25*
drain 24*
murdoch 5

any other scores.......

another funny day at the office with the rain after no rain for 3 or 4 weeks.........

all out for 109
r.smith 4/9 off 10 6 maidens......wasnt playing in the game but the boys recon he was unplayable......plus some silly shot selection......
sheedy 3/25 of 13
croft 2/12 off 9
clemson 1/8 off 8

willy 1/59
sheedy 25*
drain 24*
murdoch 5

any other scores.......

just had a quick squizz......4 games didnt get a run so big 1 dayers next week......same with the 2's......the west group that is.......

gee whizz oaks out for 80 odd v the hill men..........give us a run down p-toe........

anything from you P.B.......get a start today.........?....my sources tell me not........mmmmmmmmm

wezza v sunny.....very interesting.......

just had a quick squizz......4 games didnt get a run so big 1 dayers next week......same with the 2's......the west group that is.......

gee whizz oaks out for 80 odd v the hill men..........give us a run down p-toe........

anything from you P.B.......get a start today.........?....my sources tell me not........mmmmmmmmm

wezza v sunny.....very interesting.......

weapons05/06;203308 said:

all out for 109
sheedy 3/25 of 13
croft 2/12 off 9
clemson 1/8 off 8

willy 1/59
sheedy 25*
drain 24*
murdoch 5

any other scores.......

Why didn't you give us a rundown of the game you played in???? Could it be that you couldn't muster a score AGAIN?????

By the way - top spell of bowling by R Smith....very nice.

weapons05/06;203308 said:

all out for 109
sheedy 3/25 of 13
croft 2/12 off 9
clemson 1/8 off 8

willy 1/59
sheedy 25*
drain 24*
murdoch 5

any other scores.......

Why didn't you give us a rundown of the game you played in???? Could it be that you couldn't muster a score AGAIN?????

Quickton;203364 said:

correct.......blob for me.......lbw......
lets just say you cant keep me out of the game for too long.......lol

2's willy won the toss and batted.......
all out 114
vincent 36
freeman 23
doyle aka y.w.l 23.....showed some of his potential........batted very well in the situation we were in......

a's 2/26 should have been 3 fa
gilham 1/10......i think
brown 1/6......hahaha

game on dont worry about that if we get them 5 fa 50 or something around that......
very cocky bunch of young blokes in the a's 2nd side......saying after the game that they would beat the 1st 11......now why would they say that.........interesting seeing they are only playing subbies two's........

Quickton;203364 said:

all out 114
vincent 36
freeman 23
doyle aka y.w.l 23.....showed some of his potential........batted very well in the situation we were in......

gilham 1/10......i think
brown 1/6......hahaha

game on dont worry about that if we get them 5 fa 50 or something around that......
very cocky bunch of young blokes in the a's 2nd side......saying after the game that they would beat the 1st 11......now why would they say that.........interesting seeing they are only playing subbies two's........

weapons05/06;203388 said:

all out 114
vincent 36
freeman 23

gilham 1/10......i think
brown 1/6......hahaha

From what I understand, they are pretty much the team to beat in the 2's, however I'm pretty sure if they could beat there own first IX, they would be the first eleven....???.....little bit o isguided confidence there I think......1/6 hey?? Maybe not to late to re-invent yourself as a bowler hey weapo?? haha.

weapons05/06;203388 said:

all out 114
vincent 36
freeman 23

gilham 1/10......i think
brown 1/6......hahaha

From what I understand, they are pretty much the team to beat in the 2's, however I'm pretty sure if they could beat there own first IX, they would be the first eleven....???.....little bit o isguided confidence there I think......1/6 hey?? Maybe not to late to re-invent yourself as a bowler hey weapo?? haha.

Quickton;203401 said:

yer i hear what you are saying........i bowl pretty well in the nets always get wickets.......underated a little in that department......lol.......im confident when i bowl ill get wickets.......

yer they look like the team to beat...we were all amazed of how they walked off chirping.....cant wait for next week the 2 in at the moment will be under massive pressure again and will be thinking of that all week.......

need some runs is an understatement:eek:

Quickton;203401 said:

yer i hear what you are saying........i bowl pretty well in the nets always get wickets.......underated a little in that department......lol.......im confident when i bowl ill get wickets.......

yer they look like the team to beat...we were all amazed of how they walked off chirping.....cant wait for next week the 2 in at the moment will be under massive pressure again and will be thinking of that all week.......

weapons05/06;203407 said:

yeah the a's arent a bad team but they arent unbeatable thats for sure, they are a cocky bunch, not as big a tool then the captain from broady though, chopper or whatever his name is, biggest knob going around, needs a couple of cricket balls to the head i think

weapons05/06;203407 said:

yeah the a's arent a bad team but they arent unbeatable thats for sure, they are a cocky bunch, not as big a tool then the captain from broady though, chopper or whatever his name is, biggest knob going around, needs a couple of cricket balls to the head i think

i see you got a couple of runs on the weekend ywl?? well done cob, ut whats going on brownie?? any chance of going back to the threes if you keep making none?? did you open again?

i see you got a couple of runs on the weekend ywl?? well done cob, ut whats going on brownie?? any chance of going back to the threes if you keep making none?? did you open again?

Day 1 of the match-of-east-group saw Oakleigh bowled out for 75 and Box Hill 3/38 in reply.

We won the toss on what looked to be a good deck and started 40mins late due to drizzle. Overs down to 69 a side.

The deck proved to have some inconsistent bounce with a couple of bats succumbing to balls that kept very low and a couple to balls that popped.

Andrew Blake took 5/20 off 16 overs, Sam Blake 3/18 off 8.4, Fortington 1/22 and Whitelaw (the opening bat) 1/8 off 2.

Box Hill batted for 19 overs and lost Whitelaw, Batchelor and Fortington (night-watchman) before stumps. Donnelly took one wicket and Hodgson took the other two.

Why is it always fine during the week and rain on Friday night and Saturday?

Day 1 of the match-of-east-group saw Oakleigh bowled out for 75 and Box Hill 3/38 in reply.

We won the toss on what looked to be a good deck and started 40mins late due to drizzle. Overs down to 69 a side.

The deck proved to have some inconsistent bounce with a couple of bats succumbing to balls that kept very low and a couple to balls that popped.

Andrew Blake took 5/20 off 16 overs, Sam Blake 3/18 off 8.4, Fortington 1/22 and Whitelaw (the opening bat) 1/8 off 2.

Box Hill batted for 19 overs and lost Whitelaw, Batchelor and Fortington (night-watchman) before stumps. Donnelly took one wicket and Hodgson took the other two.

Why is it always fine during the week and rain on Friday night and Saturday?

seamer;203410 said:

yer opened up.......struggling.........thats whats going on.......lol
y.w.l was good.....took it to em.......
i dunno about going back to the three's though........hahahahaha id give the game away if i was dropped to the three's........

seamer;203410 said:

i dunno about going back to the three's though........hahahahaha id give the game away if i was dropped to the three's........

weapons05/06;203554 said:

haha but if it gets you in tip top shape for the finals it might be worth it.. good to see the young guys having a crack, young nath pinder made a very good 40 on the weekend and adam kennedy made 47, not bad for a 15 year old, first year in the twos, is really coming along..

weapons05/06;203554 said:

haha but if it gets you in tip top shape for the finals it might be worth it.. good to see the young guys having a crack, young nath pinder made a very good 40 on the weekend and adam kennedy made 47, not bad for a 15 year old, first year in the twos, is really coming along..

seamer;203410 said:

I only got 23 seamer but thanks any way, it should have been 50 or 60 though the team needed me and i only half did the job. Browny was a bit stiff looking forward to him getting some runs.

seamer;203410 said:

I only got 23 seamer but thanks any way, it should have been 50 or 60 though the team needed me and i only half did the job. Browny was a bit stiff looking forward to him getting some runs.

Piston i think you would be interested to know that my info on a kid named Laughlan Mason playing at Oakleigh is a young gun. He is 14 and made 62 against us the last game before xmas and he got 90 this week in the 2's so im guessing he might be playing firsts next week aged 14, thats a far effort. Maybe you could give us some info on him p-toe?

Piston i think you would be interested to know that my info on a kid named Laughlan Mason playing at Oakleigh is a young gun. He is 14 and made 62 against us the last game before xmas and he got 90 this week in the 2's so im guessing he might be playing firsts next week aged 14, thats a far effort. Maybe you could give us some info on him p-toe?

I must say well done to seamer making 58 this week.
The xmas break has done wonders for your form mate making 100 runs in 2 hits since the break and this week run out bit stiff dont you think?
Do Broady seem like a bottom side?

How come Stu Wilson didn't play 2's this week seamer?
Is he in the 1's or 3's or is he just injured?

I must say well done to seamer making 58 this week.
The xmas break has done wonders for your form mate making 100 runs in 2 hits since the break and this week run out bit stiff dont you think?
Do Broady seem like a bottom side?

How come Stu Wilson didn't play 2's this week seamer?
Is he in the 1's or 3's or is he just injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back