subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Watcher you must have been at another game.Glenn Laurie was playing at Maccy park and was very very fast and athletic as per the norm.

Watcher you must have been at another game.Glenn Laurie was playing at Maccy park and was very very fast and athletic as per the norm.

Hey boys,No real upsets on our side last week,but this week might have some.
Bops way too strong for brighton with all the usual suspects to perform ala ayres ,harro dom and cavigan
Elsy to go down to malvern after getting a fight from the improving ormond boys
Preston just over kew with the usual suspects to be among wickets and runs
Brunswick to bounce back after an unexpected loss to kew at the expence of the saints
Ormond to struggle over the line against coburg
Match of the round for the sth teams ,caulfield v moorabbin.....moorabbin just
Match of the round for the nth teams ,Balwyn v ivanhoe......balwynwith harper and joyce to get amongst them

Hey boys,No real upsets on our side last week,but this week might have some.
Bops way too strong for brighton with all the usual suspects to perform ala ayres ,harro dom and cavigan
Elsy to go down to malvern after getting a fight from the improving ormond boys
Preston just over kew with the usual suspects to be among wickets and runs
Brunswick to bounce back after an unexpected loss to kew at the expence of the saints
Ormond to struggle over the line against coburg
Match of the round for the sth teams ,caulfield v moorabbin.....moorabbin just
Match of the round for the nth teams ,Balwyn v ivanhoe......balwynwith harper and joyce to get amongst them

Looking ahead at round 10 in the magoos on the east/west side of things.

Match of the round first up with Altona playing hosts to Oakleigh, im tipping an upset with Oakleigh to get over the line.
Next Broady v Willi, last vs 2nd im backing our boys to bounce back but the performance will need to be a lot better then last week.
Endeavour to just get over the Melton boys.
Mt Waverly at home to get over Croydon.
Wbee over Noble Park.
Yarraville to smash Sunshine.
Box Hill to do the same to Bayswater.

Big 2 weeks of cricket with saturday/sunday for the next 2 weekends. These 2 weeks will make or break a lot of sides heading towards the finals.

Looking ahead at round 10 in the magoos on the east/west side of things.

Match of the round first up with Altona playing hosts to Oakleigh, im tipping an upset with Oakleigh to get over the line.
Next Broady v Willi, last vs 2nd im backing our boys to bounce back but the performance will need to be a lot better then last week.
Endeavour to just get over the Melton boys.
Mt Waverly at home to get over Croydon.
Wbee over Noble Park.
Yarraville to smash Sunshine.
Box Hill to do the same to Bayswater.

Big 2 weeks of cricket with saturday/sunday for the next 2 weekends. These 2 weeks will make or break a lot of sides heading towards the finals.

Time to preview Round 10 matches this Sat/Sunday,any brownie points accumulated will be well and truly lostthis weekend.
Oakleigh v Altona-both sides been a little disappointing so far and it's probably curtains for the loser,will stick with the Oaks purely because ofhome ground advantage.
Willy v Broady-1st v 2nd in what should be a ripper,can't tip against the Seagulls especially at home,will be interesting to see how Willy's top bats handle Goodwin and Turner.
Melton v End Hills-the road trip from hell for the visitors,they'll have to be up at sparrow fart,could be a tight tussle will tip the home side but no confidence.
Croydon v Mt Waverley-this could be the upset of the round,the Cockies are on the up,if Hurley can repeat last week's heroics they just might pull it off.
Noble v Werribee-the Tigers need to win to keep their momentum up and I reckon they can,Noble have been a flop and have relied too much on their Lancastrian import Karl Brown.
Sunshine v Yarra-the battle for the spoon,no idea,toss a coin,came down Sunshine.
Bayswaterv Box Hill-the visitors are in form after mauling Oakleigh last week and might be too strong,should be lots of runs made in this one.
Every game you could easily tip the other side in the old tipster's nightmare,at least the weather looks clear,good luck to all.
Over to Bucket Head for North/South.

Time to preview Round 10 matches this Sat/Sunday,any brownie points accumulated will be well and truly lostthis weekend.
Oakleigh v Altona-both sides been a little disappointing so far and it's probably curtains for the loser,will stick with the Oaks purely because ofhome ground advantage.
Willy v Broady-1st v 2nd in what should be a ripper,can't tip against the Seagulls especially at home,will be interesting to see how Willy's top bats handle Goodwin and Turner.
Melton v End Hills-the road trip from hell for the visitors,they'll have to be up at sparrow fart,could be a tight tussle will tip the home side but no confidence.
Croydon v Mt Waverley-this could be the upset of the round,the Cockies are on the up,if Hurley can repeat last week's heroics they just might pull it off.
Noble v Werribee-the Tigers need to win to keep their momentum up and I reckon they can,Noble have been a flop and have relied too much on their Lancastrian import Karl Brown.
Sunshine v Yarra-the battle for the spoon,no idea,toss a coin,came down Sunshine.
Bayswaterv Box Hill-the visitors are in form after mauling Oakleigh last week and might be too strong,should be lots of runs made in this one.
Every game you could easily tip the other side in the old tipster's nightmare,at least the weather looks clear,good luck to all.
Over to Bucket Head for North/South.

willy 6/228
sheedy 70 odd
mudoch 33
hodges 29
r.smith 20
n.jensen 38*
broady bowled 80 overs by 5:15 the 2 spinners 23 overs odd each......good score on a slow wicket by what ive been told......should be a good run chase and if broady are good enough they should get them........very hard to chase 200 on our deck batting second i predict they get 150........speakman 5 fa......

willy 6/228
sheedy 70 odd
mudoch 33
hodges 29
r.smith 20
n.jensen 38*
broady bowled 80 overs by 5:15 the 2 spinners 23 overs odd each......good score on a slow wicket by what ive been told......should be a good run chase and if broady are good enough they should get them........very hard to chase 200 on our deck batting second i predict they get 150........speakman 5 fa......

big day for melton tmorrow rolled for 45?????then rolled endevour hills for 75 interesting wicket down at melton.......
pressure is on to get an outright result.......
sunshine 320 v yarra
n/p 230 odd v werribee
altona 139 v oaks
b/h 250+ v the waters

big day for melton tmorrow rolled for 45?????then rolled endevour hills for 75 interesting wicket down at melton.......
sunshine 320 v yarra
n/p 230 odd v werribee
altona 139 v oaks
b/h 250+ v the waters

weapons05/06;205776 said:
sunshine 320 v yarra
n/p 230 odd v werribee
altona 139 v oaks
b/h 250+ v the waters

had them 9-41 chasing 45

weapons05/06;205776 said:
sunshine 320 v yarra
n/p 230 odd v werribee
altona 139 v oaks
b/h 250+ v the waters

had them 9-41 chasing 45

*DaNcE HeRo*;205777 said:
had them 9-41 chasing 45

fair effort ass coachroach.......as they say last 1 always the hardest 1 to get.....

is that b.wheels back in the fold with 4 fa.......?

*DaNcE HeRo*;205777 said:
had them 9-41 chasing 45

fair effort ass coachroach.......as they say last 1 always the hardest 1 to get.....

is that b.wheels back in the fold with 4 fa.......?

nah j wheels, b wheels is not interested, he loves his footy alot more. his captain at melton centrals in the riddell. i dont think endevour hills captain wants to try and win outright, dont know why because they need the points to be a chance of finals, we will declare after 30 overs and try bowl them out in 45.

nah j wheels, b wheels is not interested, he loves his footy alot more. his captain at melton centrals in the riddell. i dont think endevour hills captain wants to try and win outright, dont know why because they need the points to be a chance of finals, we will declare after 30 overs and try bowl them out in 45.

*DaNcE HeRo*;205807 said:

good luck

*DaNcE HeRo*;205807 said:

good luck

willy 6/228 def broady 130 a/o
unsure of the wicket takers last i herd broady were 4/25 clemo had 3 and speks had 1........

willy 2's
broady 70 cragie 5/25 hall 3/13 and 2/105 off 65 overs
willy 5 dec 181.....yes brown 42 p.gullivan 47 vincent 38* da'ltera 40*
very slow day today.........boring i might add........anyway a good week end for the club.....all teams won........
firsts and thirds on top two's sitting pretty in the top 3 and the mighty morfs with the last 4 in a row knocking the door down..........

any other results.......meltons game.........?

unsure of the wicket takers last i herd broady were 4/25 clemo had 3 and speks had 1........

willy 2's
very slow day today.........boring i might add........anyway a good week end for the club.....all teams won........
firsts and thirds on top two's sitting pretty in the top 3 and the mighty morfs with the last 4 in a row knocking the door down..........

weapons05/06;205911 said:

willy 2's

melton made 6 for 194 i think in the second dig
gave endeavour hills 161 to get in 37 overs
they didn't want the outright and just pretty much blocked
to have them 6 for 70 odd at the end
******** effort by them

weapons05/06;205911 said:

willy 2's

******** effort by them

Altona went down to Oakleigh in both elevens. Firsts as you know were pushing it with only 139 on the board got passed only couple down then they lost a few late. 2nd's had the Oaks 5/80 then didn't manage to get another scalp.

Altona went down to Oakleigh in both elevens. Firsts as you know were pushing it with only 139 on the board got passed only couple down then they lost a few late. 2nd's had the Oaks 5/80 then didn't manage to get another scalp.

Western Warrior;205924 said:

interesting two's result there w.w.......

Western Warrior;205924 said:

interesting two's result there w.w.......

concrete;205914 said:
******** effort by them

might be a crap effort by them.......161 off 37 is an interesting out come to give them to chase.......id block it out too considering the 6 points already secured........:eek:
lots of pressure on melton to get up to the finals now......

concrete;205914 said:
******** effort by them

might be a crap effort by them.......161 off 37 is an interesting out come to give them to chase.......id block it out too considering the 6 points already secured........:eek:

just a quick 1......

congrats to evan gulbis a former willy player on being selected for the vic 2nd 11 match this week.....a good year to date with the bat with 659 runs @ 50........

just a quick 1......

congrats to evan gulbis a former willy player on being selected for the vic 2nd 11 match this week.....a good year to date with the bat with 659 runs @ 50........

weapons05/06;205934 said:

i say crap effort as an outright might have helped them make finals?
6 points aint gonna get them far!

weapons05/06;205934 said:

i say crap effort as an outright might have helped them make finals?
6 points aint gonna get them far!

the umpires told us that the day would be played on overs so 80 overs had to be bowled so we declared at tea which lest 44 overs to bowl them out and 160 for them to get which is alot more gettable than 37 overs but then at tea the umpires read the rules and said the game is going on time so they took 7 overs off us which means endevour hills wernt interested in chasing 160 in 37. maybe we could have declared earlier.

the umpires told us that the day would be played on overs so 80 overs had to be bowled so we declared at tea which lest 44 overs to bowl them out and 160 for them to get which is alot more gettable than 37 overs but then at tea the umpires read the rules and said the game is going on time so they took 7 overs off us which means endevour hills wernt interested in chasing 160 in 37. maybe we could have declared earlier.

*DaNcE HeRo*;206021 said:

cmon d.h dont tell me you dont know the rules on day 2 of a match.......always by time.......should have checked when they said it was going to be played by overs......still 10 wickets twice against a 1st 11 side in the subbies no matter who it is......is always hard.......anyway your loss.....

what was going on with the wicket.........day 1 ?

*DaNcE HeRo*;206021 said:

cmon d.h dont tell me you dont know the rules on day 2 of a match.......always by time.......should have checked when they said it was going to be played by overs......still 10 wickets twice against a 1st 11 side in the subbies no matter who it is......is always hard.......anyway your loss.....

what was going on with the wicket.........day 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back