subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

true blessing, needed 12 off 12 with 6 wickets in hand then things went to ********, needed 9 off the last over with 4 wickets in hand, the over went wicket, one, four, dot, wicket, 4 to win off the last ball, chest high fully down leg side went for 4.. lucky escape by the lions, should never have got to that situation but happy with the points, keeps our finals hopes alive. broady have willy next week then oakleigh.... interesting..

true blessing, needed 12 off 12 with 6 wickets in hand then things went to ********, needed 9 off the last over with 4 wickets in hand, the over went wicket, one, four, dot, wicket, 4 to win off the last ball, chest high fully down leg side went for 4.. lucky escape by the lions, should never have got to that situation but happy with the points, keeps our finals hopes alive. broady have willy next week then oakleigh.... interesting..

Browny I can't believe the run of form you are on.Must be disheartening.
I am no bat but when one of our blokes at Melton is in poor form(bats about 3 in the ones)He employs a technique that really works for him and may for you...You stick a continental cucumber up your date(Not fully)but enough so it isnt sticking right out through your creams.He reckons it helps to get the feet moving and stay upright and is marvellous for concentration.

I am no bat but when one of our blokes at Melton is in poor form(bats about 3 in the ones)He employs a technique that really works for him and may for you...You stick a continental cucumber up your date(Not fully)but enough so it isnt sticking right out through your creams.He reckons it helps to get the feet moving and stay upright and is marvellous for concentration.

Time for a look back to the weekends matches in Round 9;
Box Hill with the best of the conditions trounced Oakleigh 222 to 75 consolidating 3rd spot.Keeper Farrow with 73 and the consistent Goldsmith 43 the main players.
Altona 106 not enough to worry Willy's 239 with Jensen getting 68,the juggernaut rolls on.
Broady 168 rolled by Melton on the last ball of the day as described by Dance Hero above,big task for a 15 y.o to be given the last over,good young player he is.
This result could have massive repercussions for the chasing pack esp with The Broady boys travelling to the seaside next week.
Endeavour Hills 142 belted by an improving Croydon outfit 244/5 with the player of the round Hurley returning6/34 and 86,a great double[anyone know anything about him?]
Mt Waverley 211/6 chased down Nobles' 207/6 in an encouraging win with Miles Harry getting74 after Ferguson and Bartlett both missed out.
Werribee easily got the outright it needed against a disappointing Sunshine keeping it's finals hopes alive,I reckon that's 3 outright losses already for the Crows.
Paul Murray with some runs and 9 wickets for the victors.
In the final game Bayswater kept in the race chasing down Yarra's 199 with Dean Connell again in the runs with 70 0dd n.o.
Holmes carried his bat with 64 n.o for the Eagles.
Looking ahead to round 10 matches I reckon all 7 could go either way,there are some ripper games among them ,so on with the thinking caps lads.
Bucket Head,what's happened in North/South?

Box Hill with the best of the conditions trounced Oakleigh 222 to 75 consolidating 3rd spot.Keeper Farrow with 73 and the consistent Goldsmith 43 the main players.
Altona 106 not enough to worry Willy's 239 with Jensen getting 68,the juggernaut rolls on.
Broady 168 rolled by Melton on the last ball of the day as described by Dance Hero above,big task for a 15 y.o to be given the last over,good young player he is.
This result could have massive repercussions for the chasing pack esp with The Broady boys travelling to the seaside next week.
Endeavour Hills 142 belted by an improving Croydon outfit 244/5 with the player of the round Hurley returning6/34 and 86,a great double[anyone know anything about him?]
Mt Waverley 211/6 chased down Nobles' 207/6 in an encouraging win with Miles Harry getting74 after Ferguson and Bartlett both missed out.
Werribee easily got the outright it needed against a disappointing Sunshine keeping it's finals hopes alive,I reckon that's 3 outright losses already for the Crows.
In the final game Bayswater kept in the race chasing down Yarra's 199 with Dean Connell again in the runs with 70 0dd n.o.
Looking ahead to round 10 matches I reckon all 7 could go either way,there are some ripper games among them ,so on with the thinking caps lads.

Bubba;204614 said:
hey brown doggy dog....or is it hotdogsssssssssssssssss! i seen the scores yesterday mate what happin just got smashed i see which is good you ************... 8/70 in the 2nd dig thats excellent batting buy you guys must of really hit your straps hey cocko! ahahha! please tell me you got a pair of ducks that would be so funny an if yah did your no chance for the ones for the rest of the season dogsssss! hahaahh! there goes your flag in the ones not that they will win it there no chance and in the 2s yous have jordan doyle even worse! ahahaha! hey did you attend the whole that they call the marquee tonight dogs with yah corana an no mates yah ************ we were at a class joint as thats all we melton are people way better then you...enjoy the rest of the season dogssssssssssss and im tipping yah guna eat a few 2! ahahahah!

we got smashed is an understatement........my first loss this year and it doesnt sit well......
yup pair for me.........lol.....both lbw's and cant complain about the descisions thats why ive got a bat.........
cop it on th chin and move onto next week........

was that whole or hole you goose......marquee was on the cards but it didnt eventuate and went to the caro springs club for a few local ale's and a bit of a sing along now thats classy...........

as for the flag i have already got 1(do you?) and if they win it and i miss out yer ill be dissapointed but ill celebrate with the boys.....but its a long way off and i still have a chance to get back in and ill be doing everything possible to ensure i get back in...........first things first i need some runs and in a hurry......1 of them would do.........lol

its good to see you still love me keep up your good work@|

Bubba;204614 said:
hey brown doggy dog....or is it hotdogsssssssssssssssss! i seen the scores yesterday mate what happin just got smashed i see which is good you ************... 8/70 in the 2nd dig thats excellent batting buy you guys must of really hit your straps hey cocko! ahahha! please tell me you got a pair of ducks that would be so funny an if yah did your no chance for the ones for the rest of the season dogsssss! hahaahh! there goes your flag in the ones not that they will win it there no chance and in the 2s yous have jordan doyle even worse! ahahaha! hey did you attend the whole that they call the marquee tonight dogs with yah corana an no mates yah ************ we were at a class joint as thats all we melton are people way better then you...enjoy the rest of the season dogssssssssssss and im tipping yah guna eat a few 2! ahahahah!

we got smashed is an understatement........my first loss this year and it doesnt sit well......
yup pair for me.........lol.....both lbw's and cant complain about the descisions thats why ive got a bat.........

was that whole or hole you goose......marquee was on the cards but it didnt eventuate and went to the caro springs club for a few local ale's and a bit of a sing along now thats classy...........

as for the flag i have already got 1(do you?) and if they win it and i miss out yer ill be dissapointed but ill celebrate with the boys.....but its a long way off and i still have a chance to get back in and ill be doing everything possible to ensure i get back in...........first things first i need some runs and in a hurry......1 of them would do.........lol

its good to see you still love me keep up your good work@|

Knobjockey;204704 said:

thanks for your tip.......lol
for me its simple as bat on ball at the moment.........:eek:

Knobjockey;204704 said:

thanks for your tip.......lol
for me its simple as bat on ball at the moment.........:eek:

Piston Broke;204707 said:

boglis 6 fa 59 off 25 not a bad effort.........
spot on about wezza in the top 4.......amazing

Piston Broke;204707 said:

boglis 6 fa 59 off 25 not a bad effort.........
spot on about wezza in the top 4.......amazing

weapons05/06;204756 said:

its good to see you still love me keep up your good work@|[/QUOT

yea weapo i think your just got to go back to the basics be patient when you bat dont worry if the runs arnt flowing they will come brother you have got 80overs..get through the new ball an you will be right...

yea weapo i think your just got to go back to the basics be patient when you bat dont worry if the runs arnt flowing they will come brother you have got 80overs..get through the new ball an you will be right...

Looking back at results from this weeks games in the 2s.

Oakleigh knocking Box Hill over by 100 runs at home.
Altona killed us nearly winning outright, shows they are the team to beat heading into the finals, very cocky bunch as well would hate to see them win it.
Melton easily at home against the bottom side Broady.
Endeavour smashed Croydon at Croydon in a suprising result.
Mt Waverly easily over Noble Park.
Werribee smashed Sunshine where the player of the round Damien Abbey making 108, im sure he is a firsts player normally and showed that this weekend.
Yarraville just sneaking in against Bayswater to put them back in the 4.

Looking back at results from this weeks games in the 2s.

Oakleigh knocking Box Hill over by 100 runs at home.
Altona killed us nearly winning outright, shows they are the team to beat heading into the finals, very cocky bunch as well would hate to see them win it.
Melton easily at home against the bottom side Broady.
Endeavour smashed Croydon at Croydon in a suprising result.
Mt Waverly easily over Noble Park.
Werribee smashed Sunshine where the player of the round Damien Abbey making 108, im sure he is a firsts player normally and showed that this weekend.
Yarraville just sneaking in against Bayswater to put them back in the 4.

The top four in the 2nds now reads like this:

Altona 46 points
Williamstown 33 points
Endeavour Hills 30 points
Yarraville 30 points

The only team that is assured a finals berth is Altona.
I think there will only be 1 change to the 4 come finals time with Yarraville going out and Oakleigh coming in.

For us though we have a lot of work to do and we need to improve big time on this weeks performance.

The top four in the 2nds now reads like this:

Altona 46 points
Williamstown 33 points
Endeavour Hills 30 points
Yarraville 30 points

The only team that is assured a finals berth is Altona.
I think there will only be 1 change to the 4 come finals time with Yarraville going out and Oakleigh coming in.

For us though we have a lot of work to do and we need to improve big time on this weeks performance.

In the 2nds on the North/South side:

The good performances on that side were Hale from Malvern made 118* and Bernet from Kew got 107 also Jenkins from Moorabbin got 6/35.

In the 2nds on the North/South side:

The good performances on that side were Hale from Malvern made 118* and Bernet from Kew got 107 also Jenkins from Moorabbin got 6/35.

Bubba;204848 said:

you give me a pasting and then go all soft on me.........typical from a bloke who puts on the red and white......do you even play........my sources tell me not..........anyway played a 20/20 on sunday got fiddy(ret) with the bat and a michelle pfieffer with the ball........so broady 2's look out.......lol

Bubba;204848 said:

you give me a pasting and then go all soft on me.........typical from a bloke who puts on the red and white......do you even play........my sources tell me not..........anyway played a 20/20 on sunday got fiddy(ret) with the bat and a michelle pfieffer with the ball........so broady 2's look out.......lol

wat would a good subbies club be 2 go 2 as a 15 year
so they can get coach on bowling and batting?

wat would a good subbies club be 2 go 2 as a 15 year
so they can get coach on bowling and batting?

The Watcher has been out and about watching different teams but went to watch Melton on the weekend where the twos were playing.Liked the look of young Adam Kennedy(is this Jarrads brother?) I note he has been among the runs and I watched him bowl a long spell mof tidy leg spin on Saturday.Good young player.
They seem a very very young outfit.I recognized Jenson,Tempany and Laurie and believe me the young blokes made them look old in the feild!Althogh Laurie did get among them and knocked a few over before I got there I think.It seems a nice balance as I think Jenson and Tempany were among the runs and an even contribution from the kids might see them upset a few teams.The other leggie looks good also.

The Watcher has been out and about watching different teams but went to watch Melton on the weekend where the twos were playing.Liked the look of young Adam Kennedy(is this Jarrads brother?) I note he has been among the runs and I watched him bowl a long spell mof tidy leg spin on Saturday.Good young player.
They seem a very very young outfit.I recognized Jenson,Tempany and Laurie and believe me the young blokes made them look old in the feild!Althogh Laurie did get among them and knocked a few over before I got there I think.It seems a nice balance as I think Jenson and Tempany were among the runs and an even contribution from the kids might see them upset a few teams.The other leggie looks good also.

I can confirm that it is in fact Jarrod's younger brother..
Jarrod just back from a school boys tour of New Zealand where it is rumored he had great success with the ball, quite unbelievable for anyone who has seen him bowl...

What business have u been doing in Columbia Knob Jockey??

P.S. Thanks for the 6 points streiffy

Jarrod just back from a school boys tour of New Zealand where it is rumored he had great success with the ball, quite unbelievable for anyone who has seen him bowl...

weapons05/06;204889 said:
Bubba;204848 said:

Think your sources might be up the s**t there Weapons

Bubba;204848 said:

Quickton;205037 said:

yeah weapons they are no good your sources...going to be a good night at training tomorrow night with a current victorian bushranger training with us so that will be good for everyone that is there to get some handy tips of the best of them!@|

Quickton;205037 said:

yeah weapons they are no good your sources...going to be a good night at training tomorrow night with a current victorian bushranger training with us so that will be good for everyone that is there to get some handy tips of the best of them!@|

C.Face;205033 said:

Sup disc. I import cricket gear over to Columbia.In particular the national team.Some of the big guns like Hector Ramerez and Eduardo Gallavante go through me.The spice girls als:confused:ne thing I notice is how heavy some of it is.One of Hectors kookaburras weighed 10 kg...but it pays well.

C.Face;205033 said:

Sup disc. I import cricket gear over to Columbia.In particular the national team.Some of the big guns like Hector Ramerez and Eduardo Gallavante go through me.The spice girls als:confused:ne thing I notice is how heavy some of it is.One of Hectors kookaburras weighed 10 kg...but it pays well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back