subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Knobjockey;206325 said:
It is sickening C Face. Truly sickening. What about Troy the Boy and Young willy.[/QUOT

both p**fs........lol

interesting training session tonight......optional to either go to the beach for a walk in the water........or stay n have a hit in the nets.......gee whizz its good whe you are winning.........:eek:

good to see y.w.l doing the hard yards when i got back.........good stuff red@|

another interesting artical in the local rag......willy's win was contoversal.......was the headline......it said steven goodwin was unhappy with some of the umpiring descisions with 4 out of his top 5 going out lbw on a good batting wicket........lol

lets get 1 thing straight willy's wicket isnt your typical road on day 1 let alone day 2 and the ball 8/10 keeps low and is hard to play shots on with its bounce......hence willy's score of 6/228 off 80 overs......

id say to your top 4 use your bl**dy bat........

Knobjockey;206325 said:
It is sickening C Face. Truly sickening. What about Troy the Boy and Young willy.[/QUOT

both p**fs........lol

interesting training session tonight......optional to either go to the beach for a walk in the water........or stay n have a hit in the nets.......gee whizz its good whe you are winning.........:eek:

another interesting artical in the local rag......willy's win was contoversal.......was the headline......it said steven goodwin was unhappy with some of the umpiring descisions with 4 out of his top 5 going out lbw on a good batting wicket........lol

lets get 1 thing straight willy's wicket isnt your typical road on day 1 let alone day 2 and the ball 8/10 keeps low and is hard to play shots on with its bounce......hence willy's score of 6/228 off 80 overs......

weapons05/06;206345 said:
Knobjockey;206325 said:

both p**fs........lol

Piss off poofs lol.
Always gotta do the hard work.
And i agree with the ball staying low lol.

Knobjockey;206325 said:

both p**fs........lol

Piss off poofs lol.
Always gotta do the hard work.
And i agree with the ball staying low lol.

Young Willi Lad;206062 said:
It was a very interesting week in the 2's.
I got 6 out of 7 right with my tips for the week.
The results were:

Oakleigh in the up set of the round winning away against ladder leaders Altona. It shows that Altona's bowling isn't that of a top four side let alone a top side and their batting will struggle against any side that is prepared to bowl 6 balls on off stump.

We got over Broady easily as expected. Good to see weapons back in the runs with 42 but i got a second ball blob lol. We rolled them for 70 then we got 5 for 180 (dec) then put them back in and we then witness 65 overs of the most boring cricket ever with them only making 2 for 110.

Endeavour Hills smashed Melton in what i thought was a danger game for them. Well done to Baxter making 141*. Also i would like to say well done to young Kennedy from Melton making 68 in the 2nd dig. Also seamer was back in amoungst the runs with 40* when the team only got 107.

The only one i got wrong this week and Croydon did the damage beating Mt Waverly away. This now puts Croydon in a good position to challenge for the 4.

Werribee got over Noble Park easily at home which was expected. Noble Park look certain now to finish in the bottom 4.

2nd place Yarraville beat Sunshine in a very high scoring game. Well done to Flattely the pom making 171. A few very high scores this round and that was another one. Yarraville are the suprise packet placed 2nd on the ladder. They have a very tough run home it will be interesting to see whether or not they can stay in the 4.

In the last game of the round Box Hill easily got over Bayswater as expected. Well done to Daniel Rutherford for making 151. That is the 3rd really big hundred made in the 2s this week.

Another very interesting round of cricket. This is going to be another huge weekend with the first week of a 2dayer and the make up game on sunday.
Good call on the OAK's but don't write the A's of just yet. Do you rate yourselves a top 4 team ?

Young Willi Lad;206062 said:
It was a very interesting week in the 2's.
I got 6 out of 7 right with my tips for the week.
The results were:

Oakleigh in the up set of the round winning away against ladder leaders Altona. It shows that Altona's bowling isn't that of a top four side let alone a top side and their batting will struggle against any side that is prepared to bowl 6 balls on off stump.

We got over Broady easily as expected. Good to see weapons back in the runs with 42 but i got a second ball blob lol. We rolled them for 70 then we got 5 for 180 (dec) then put them back in and we then witness 65 overs of the most boring cricket ever with them only making 2 for 110.

Endeavour Hills smashed Melton in what i thought was a danger game for them. Well done to Baxter making 141*. Also i would like to say well done to young Kennedy from Melton making 68 in the 2nd dig. Also seamer was back in amoungst the runs with 40* when the team only got 107.

The only one i got wrong this week and Croydon did the damage beating Mt Waverly away. This now puts Croydon in a good position to challenge for the 4.

Werribee got over Noble Park easily at home which was expected. Noble Park look certain now to finish in the bottom 4.

2nd place Yarraville beat Sunshine in a very high scoring game. Well done to Flattely the pom making 171. A few very high scores this round and that was another one. Yarraville are the suprise packet placed 2nd on the ladder. They have a very tough run home it will be interesting to see whether or not they can stay in the 4.

In the last game of the round Box Hill easily got over Bayswater as expected. Well done to Daniel Rutherford for making 151. That is the 3rd really big hundred made in the 2s this week.

Another very interesting round of cricket. This is going to be another huge weekend with the first week of a 2dayer and the make up game on sunday.
Good call on the OAK's but don't write the A's of just yet. Do you rate yourselves a top 4 team ?

Western Warrior;206352 said:

Oh dont get me wrong im not writing the a's off they absolutely smashed us i just thought that Oakleigh would match up well against them and they did.

I do rate us as a top 4 side. We beat the 2nd place Yarraville pretty easy and we beat Oakleigh who beat Altona so therefore i think we can match it with anybody on our day.

Altona are still the team to beat but i think if we get it right come finals we could beat them. But we have to get there first.

Who do you rate as the contenders in the magoos?

Western Warrior;206352 said:

Oh dont get me wrong im not writing the a's off they absolutely smashed us i just thought that Oakleigh would match up well against them and they did.

I do rate us as a top 4 side. We beat the 2nd place Yarraville pretty easy and we beat Oakleigh who beat Altona so therefore i think we can match it with anybody on our day.

Altona are still the team to beat but i think if we get it right come finals we could beat them. But we have to get there first.

Knobjockey;206325 said:

both p**fs........lol

you make one score and all of a sudden your telling top order batsman how to bat.....bit rich isnt it...

Knobjockey;206325 said:

both p**fs........lol

you make one score and all of a sudden your telling top order batsman how to bat.....bit rich isnt it...

Young Willi Lad;206353 said:

Hard to rate as i've only played a few. Melton put up a good fight against us in a one dayer. Oak's were honest. You guys were only a wicket or two away from an interesting game. No real standouts so far.

Young Willi Lad;206353 said:

Hard to rate as i've only played a few. Melton put up a good fight against us in a one dayer. Oak's were honest. You guys were only a wicket or two away from an interesting game. No real standouts so far.

Western Warrior;206378 said:

So you obviously play for Altona.
Who are you mate?

Western Warrior;206378 said:

So you obviously play for Altona.
Who are you mate?

Ok Piston and all,nth/sth this week
Ayrsey returns to the roosters this week,but i reckon bop's will be on the losing side with malvern continuing on their merry way
Coburg after finally putting together both forms of the game to beat elsty
Kew v ormond....anybodies guess,both sides capable both niether convincing , ormond just
Saints v preston,saints only because its at home
Caulfield v brunswick, the fields to win this one
Balwyn to beat brighton with harper to ton up again
Moorabbin to smash ivanhoe at home

Quick look at sunday
Bop's over moorabbin
Balwyn over elsty
Ivanhoe just over ormond
Brighton v preston,brighton at home...only reason
Roosters over the wickers
Coburg to go down to caulfield
And the saints to beat kew

Ok Piston and all,nth/sth this week
Ayrsey returns to the roosters this week,but i reckon bop's will be on the losing side with malvern continuing on their merry way
Coburg after finally putting together both forms of the game to beat elsty
Kew v ormond....anybodies guess,both sides capable both niether convincing , ormond just
Saints v preston,saints only because its at home
Caulfield v brunswick, the fields to win this one
Balwyn to beat brighton with harper to ton up again
Moorabbin to smash ivanhoe at home

Quick look at sunday
Bop's over moorabbin
Balwyn over elsty
Ivanhoe just over ormond
Brighton v preston,brighton at home...only reason
Roosters over the wickers
Coburg to go down to caulfield
And the saints to beat kew

seamer;206360 said:

no thats exactly what i said after i was adjudged lbw twice last time i played at home......you've got a bat for a reason and if you dont use it properly and your in front of the stumps lookout especially on our deck........no need to say in the local papers after they were flogged they wernt happy with the umpires decisions.......''use your bat''........then you wont have to worry about umpires.....true or not......?

seamer;206360 said:

no thats exactly what i said after i was adjudged lbw twice last time i played at home......you've got a bat for a reason and if you dont use it properly and your in front of the stumps lookout especially on our deck........no need to say in the local papers after they were flogged they wernt happy with the umpires decisions.......''use your bat''........then you wont have to worry about umpires.....true or not......?

weapons05/06;206297 said:
hahaha........good effort though bandit.......i see tugga has been making a few........?

who is gonna win the flag flipper..........?

Good reward for Evan for making a few. Hope he gets a few in the 2nd dig.

Yeah Tug has made a few, good player at that level.

Which flag??

weapons05/06;206297 said:
hahaha........good effort though bandit.......i see tugga has been making a few........?

who is gonna win the flag flipper..........?

Which flag??

bandit;206433 said:

Which flag??

.........east/west group.........

evan got 4 n.o second dig.......

how are those puppies looking..........?

bandit;206433 said:

Which flag??

weapons05/06;206449 said:

You guys are obviously favourites... A lot of depth especially with ball.

Who have you got this week??

Puppies - Who knows... Can't get any worse than last year.

Must have been an ordinary wicket for VIC 2nd X1 game, no score over 160 odd... Good for Evan to get a taste and hopefully he can make some more scores at premier level to earn another crack.

weapons05/06;206449 said:

Must have been an ordinary wicket for VIC 2nd X1 game, no score over 160 odd... Good for Evan to get a taste and hopefully he can make some more scores at premier level to earn another crack.

bandit;206464 said:

endevour hills sat/sat and bayswater this sunday.......
firsts are away both games.....the layland brothers.......lol

both big games considering they are away and a chance for the firsts to get some much needed extra points to keep clear of the chasing pack.......

bandit;206464 said:

endevour hills sat/sat and bayswater this sunday.......
firsts are away both games.....the layland brothers.......lol

both big games considering they are away and a chance for the firsts to get some much needed extra points to keep clear of the chasing pack.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back