subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

concrete;205943 said:
i say crap effort as an outright might have helped them make finals?
6 points aint gonna get them far!

yer but it makes your job even harder now to get to the finals.......:eek:

concrete;205943 said:
i say crap effort as an outright might have helped them make finals?
6 points aint gonna get them far!

yer but it makes your job even harder now to get to the finals.......:eek:

weapons05/06;206025 said:
cmon d.h dont tell me you dont know the rules on day 2 of a match.......always by time.......should have checked when they said it was going to be played by overs......still 10 wickets twice against a 1st 11 side in the subbies no matter who it is......is always hard.......anyway your loss.....

what was going on with the wicket.........day 1 ?

the wicket didnt look too bad, we won the toss and batted, 2 openers were hooping it alot, especially hutchinson, hooping them miles and there was a bit off the deck, couple an over took off. butch got caught on the 4th ball bat pad and it was downhill from there. we got rolled in the 18th over and they only had to use there openers. we just batted terrible and didnt adapt to the conditions. then pilch and wheels were always gonna get something out the deck with the new ball, and we had them 9 down then they passed us and we didnt have enough time to bowl them out to get outright, we flogged them every part of the game besides the first 20 overs when we batted and its cost us bad.

weapons05/06;206025 said:
cmon d.h dont tell me you dont know the rules on day 2 of a match.......always by time.......should have checked when they said it was going to be played by overs......still 10 wickets twice against a 1st 11 side in the subbies no matter who it is......is always hard.......anyway your loss.....

what was going on with the wicket.........day 1 ?

the wicket didnt look too bad, we won the toss and batted, 2 openers were hooping it alot, especially hutchinson, hooping them miles and there was a bit off the deck, couple an over took off. butch got caught on the 4th ball bat pad and it was downhill from there. we got rolled in the 18th over and they only had to use there openers. we just batted terrible and didnt adapt to the conditions. then pilch and wheels were always gonna get something out the deck with the new ball, and we had them 9 down then they passed us and we didnt have enough time to bowl them out to get outright, we flogged them every part of the game besides the first 20 overs when we batted and its cost us bad.

It was a very interesting week in the 2's.
I got 6 out of 7 right with my tips for the week.
The results were:

Oakleigh in the up set of the round winning away against ladder leaders Altona. It shows that Altona's bowling isn't that of a top four side let alone a top side and their batting will struggle against any side that is prepared to bowl 6 balls on off stump.

We got over Broady easily as expected. Good to see weapons back in the runs with 42 but i got a second ball blob lol. We rolled them for 70 then we got 5 for 180 (dec) then put them back in and we then witness 65 overs of the most boring cricket ever with them only making 2 for 110.

Endeavour Hills smashed Melton in what i thought was a danger game for them. Well done to Baxter making 141*. Also i would like to say well done to young Kennedy from Melton making 68 in the 2nd dig. Also seamer was back in amoungst the runs with 40* when the team only got 107.

The only one i got wrong this week and Croydon did the damage beating Mt Waverly away. This now puts Croydon in a good position to challenge for the 4.

Werribee got over Noble Park easily at home which was expected. Noble Park look certain now to finish in the bottom 4.

2nd place Yarraville beat Sunshine in a very high scoring game. Well done to Flattely the pom making 171. A few very high scores this round and that was another one. Yarraville are the suprise packet placed 2nd on the ladder. They have a very tough run home it will be interesting to see whether or not they can stay in the 4.

In the last game of the round Box Hill easily got over Bayswater as expected. Well done to Daniel Rutherford for making 151. That is the 3rd really big hundred made in the 2s this week.

Another very interesting round of cricket. This is going to be another huge weekend with the first week of a 2dayer and the make up game on sunday.

The results were:

Oakleigh in the up set of the round winning away against ladder leaders Altona. It shows that Altona's bowling isn't that of a top four side let alone a top side and their batting will struggle against any side that is prepared to bowl 6 balls on off stump.

We got over Broady easily as expected. Good to see weapons back in the runs with 42 but i got a second ball blob lol. We rolled them for 70 then we got 5 for 180 (dec) then put them back in and we then witness 65 overs of the most boring cricket ever with them only making 2 for 110.

Endeavour Hills smashed Melton in what i thought was a danger game for them. Well done to Baxter making 141*. Also i would like to say well done to young Kennedy from Melton making 68 in the 2nd dig. Also seamer was back in amoungst the runs with 40* when the team only got 107.

The only one i got wrong this week and Croydon did the damage beating Mt Waverly away. This now puts Croydon in a good position to challenge for the 4.

Werribee got over Noble Park easily at home which was expected. Noble Park look certain now to finish in the bottom 4.

2nd place Yarraville beat Sunshine in a very high scoring game. Well done to Flattely the pom making 171. A few very high scores this round and that was another one. Yarraville are the suprise packet placed 2nd on the ladder. They have a very tough run home it will be interesting to see whether or not they can stay in the 4.

In the last game of the round Box Hill easily got over Bayswater as expected. Well done to Daniel Rutherford for making 151. That is the 3rd really big hundred made in the 2s this week.

Another very interesting round of cricket. This is going to be another huge weekend with the first week of a 2dayer and the make up game on sunday.

2nd XI East/West

Altona 46 1.474
Yarraville 42 1.357
Williamstown 39 1.281
Endeavour Hills 36 1.514
Croydon 33 1.217
Oakleigh 33 1.212
Box Hill 33 1.071
Werribee 30 0.986
Melton 24 0.874
Mt Waverley 21 1.194
Noble Park 18 0.699
Bayswater 12 0.617
Sunshine 9 0.708
Broadmeadows 6 0.536

The top 4 is looking fairly solid but i believe that there will be 1 change. I think Yarraville will drop out and Oakleigh will come in. Oakleigh showed this week that they are a very capable side beating Altona. Yarraville play Oakleigh, Box Hill and Altona away in 3 of the 4 remaining games so i can only see them winning 1 more in the run home, where as Oakleigh have a much easier run home.

2nd XI East/West

Altona 46 1.474
Yarraville 42 1.357
Williamstown 39 1.281
Endeavour Hills 36 1.514
Croydon 33 1.217
Oakleigh 33 1.212
Box Hill 33 1.071
Werribee 30 0.986
Melton 24 0.874
Mt Waverley 21 1.194
Noble Park 18 0.699
Bayswater 12 0.617
Sunshine 9 0.708
Broadmeadows 6 0.536

The top 4 is looking fairly solid but i believe that there will be 1 change. I think Yarraville will drop out and Oakleigh will come in. Oakleigh showed this week that they are a very capable side beating Altona. Yarraville play Oakleigh, Box Hill and Altona away in 3 of the 4 remaining games so i can only see them winning 1 more in the run home, where as Oakleigh have a much easier run home.

Player of the round from East/West is David Flattely with 171 for Yarraville.

Player of the round from North/South is Jack McGowan getting 8 wickets for the game with 5/26 and 3/28.

Player of the round from East/West is David Flattely with 171 for Yarraville.

Player of the round from North/South is Jack McGowan getting 8 wickets for the game with 5/26 and 3/28.

Young Willi Lad;206068 said:
2nd XI East/West

Altona 46 1.474
Yarraville 42 1.357
Williamstown 39 1.281
Endeavour Hills 36 1.514
Croydon 33 1.217
Oakleigh 33 1.212
Box Hill 33 1.071
Werribee 30 0.986
Melton 24 0.874
Mt Waverley 21 1.194
Noble Park 18 0.699
Bayswater 12 0.617
Sunshine 9 0.708
Broadmeadows 6 0.536

altona shouldnt be top side......

Young Willi Lad;206068 said:
2nd XI East/West

Altona 46 1.474
Yarraville 42 1.357
Williamstown 39 1.281
Endeavour Hills 36 1.514
Croydon 33 1.217
Oakleigh 33 1.212
Box Hill 33 1.071
Werribee 30 0.986
Melton 24 0.874
Mt Waverley 21 1.194
Noble Park 18 0.699
Bayswater 12 0.617
Sunshine 9 0.708
Broadmeadows 6 0.536

altona shouldnt be top side......

Young Willi Lad;206062 said:
The results were:

very dissapointing by our boys on the weekend ywl... had them 5 for 120 odd at tea and baxter got dropped about 3 or 4 times so should of had them out for 200, also didnt bat very good in first dig played to many lose shots and let them get momentum, second dig we got on top of them and they lost there way, bowling wides and not fielding as good as they can so they cant handle pressure...

Young Willi Lad;206062 said:
The results were:

very dissapointing by our boys on the weekend ywl... had them 5 for 120 odd at tea and baxter got dropped about 3 or 4 times so should of had them out for 200, also didnt bat very good in first dig played to many lose shots and let them get momentum, second dig we got on top of them and they lost there way, bowling wides and not fielding as good as they can so they cant handle pressure...

seamer;206082 said:

Fair enough seamer.
We have them next week so that should be interesting.
You have hit a rich vane of form since xmas.
Must be all the hard work u did in woop woop paying off?

seamer;206082 said:

Fair enough seamer.

OK,YWL,time to review the weekend's round 10 matches.
Oaks 261/8 way too good for a disappointing Altona 139,that's it for the A's for this season with their much vaunted batting line up failing again.
Willy 228/6 in a canter over a wobbly Broady,Sheedy again dominating with 77 and Rohan Smith amongst the wickets again,2 0r 3 sides will be eyeing off the falcons place in the 4 now.
Melton all out 45,not a misprint folks down to Endeavour Hills 78 and 6/74,unbelievably EH were 9/41 in the chase but stumbled over the line,wtf was wrong with the wicket?,the Lions now 7 points out and with the job ahead.
Hutchinson with a handy double 5/20 and 30.
Mt Waverley stayed 4th winning at Croydon,201 to 120,with Bott getting 101 for the visitors.
Werribee stayed in the hunt chasing down Noble's 238 with Hodgkiss a matchwinning 72 to go with 3/49,anexcellent win by the young Tigers.
Yarra overtook Sunshines huge score of 320 6 down with the veteran Radford a big 150*to probably hand the Crows another wooden spoon.
In the final game Box Hill got too many for Bayswater,winning 273 to 155,Daniel Snell enjoying a stellar season with a 70 and Goldsmith 48 to the fore.
Willy and Box Hill should finish 1-2 with the other spots really up for grabs.
Another huge weekend coming up with the 2nd reserve date in use,any surprises in North South Bucket Head?

OK,YWL,time to review the weekend's round 10 matches.
Oaks 261/8 way too good for a disappointing Altona 139,that's it for the A's for this season with their much vaunted batting line up failing again.
Willy 228/6 in a canter over a wobbly Broady,Sheedy again dominating with 77 and Rohan Smith amongst the wickets again,2 0r 3 sides will be eyeing off the falcons place in the 4 now.
Melton all out 45,not a misprint folks down to Endeavour Hills 78 and 6/74,unbelievably EH were 9/41 in the chase but stumbled over the line,wtf was wrong with the wicket?,the Lions now 7 points out and with the job ahead.
Hutchinson with a handy double 5/20 and 30.
Mt Waverley stayed 4th winning at Croydon,201 to 120,with Bott getting 101 for the visitors.
Werribee stayed in the hunt chasing down Noble's 238 with Hodgkiss a matchwinning 72 to go with 3/49,anexcellent win by the young Tigers.
Yarra overtook Sunshines huge score of 320 6 down with the veteran Radford a big 150*to probably hand the Crows another wooden spoon.
In the final game Box Hill got too many for Bayswater,winning 273 to 155,Daniel Snell enjoying a stellar season with a 70 and Goldsmith 48 to the fore.
Willy and Box Hill should finish 1-2 with the other spots really up for grabs.
Another huge weekend coming up with the 2nd reserve date in use,any surprises in North South Bucket Head?

seamer;206082 said:
Come off the grass pal.Cant handle pressure? What pressure.They f***ing smashed us.Good old Melton twos proving once again "we dont do Sunday cricket".Particularly Hunter cup day.
Gold Class that Baxter getting sledged by first slip when they were 5 for 90 and he was all at sea.
Think it went a bit like "whoa look out boys this is the big wicket,he looks dangerous"With more than a hint of sarcasm.
Then when on about 60 Baxter told first slip "hope you can bat chipper"
First slip got a duck.

seamer;206082 said:
Come off the grass pal.Cant handle pressure? What pressure.They f***ing smashed us.Good old Melton twos proving once again "we dont do Sunday cricket".Particularly Hunter cup day.
Gold Class that Baxter getting sledged by first slip when they were 5 for 90 and he was all at sea.
Think it went a bit like "whoa look out boys this is the big wicket,he looks dangerous"With more than a hint of sarcasm.
Then when on about 60 Baxter told first slip "hope you can bat chipper"
First slip got a duck.

seamer;206083 said:
bout time you made some runs brownie, not quite enough to get you up in the ones though

you never know seamer spoke to sheeds sat night and he was rapt for me and said my spot is there just have to give him something to promote me back up though its gonna be hard with drain to come back in and hodgey and murdoch doing a good job on the weekend.......and yer was about time felt good too hitting the ball off the square lol......possibly 2 bats this weekend and looking f/ward to it......bloody y.w.l got a bowl and i didnt whats going on there........lol......most underated bowler at the club.......lol

feels good to be back on the winners list and chip in a little bit......;)

seamer;206083 said:
bout time you made some runs brownie, not quite enough to get you up in the ones though

you never know seamer spoke to sheeds sat night and he was rapt for me and said my spot is there just have to give him something to promote me back up though its gonna be hard with drain to come back in and hodgey and murdoch doing a good job on the weekend.......and yer was about time felt good too hitting the ball off the square lol......possibly 2 bats this weekend and looking f/ward to it......bloody y.w.l got a bowl and i didnt whats going on there........lol......most underated bowler at the club.......lol

feels good to be back on the winners list and chip in a little bit......;)

Young Willi Lad;206104 said:
Fair enough seamer.

dont know about that i wasnt that good in mildura, just decided to actually put my head down and bat properly, plus had to make some runs to stick it up weapo..lol., not playing this weekend though so hope i dont lose my form...

Young Willi Lad;206104 said:
Fair enough seamer.

dont know about that i wasnt that good in mildura, just decided to actually put my head down and bat properly, plus had to make some runs to stick it up weapo..lol., not playing this weekend though so hope i dont lose my form...

seamer;206201 said:

why stick it up me.......with your firsts not going so well you should be trying to get a game up their........id say 30's and 40's arnt enough hence you are still in the magoos........and they are going with younger blokes which cant be a bad thing........hang in there cocko you'll be right........

seamer;206201 said:

why stick it up me.......with your firsts not going so well you should be trying to get a game up their........id say 30's and 40's arnt enough hence you are still in the magoos........and they are going with younger blokes which cant be a bad thing........hang in there cocko you'll be right........

weapons05/06;205935 said:
just a quick 1......

congrats to evan gulbis a former willy player on being selected for the vic 2nd 11 match this week.....a good year to date with the bat with 659 runs @ 50........

FYI... Made a 3rd ball duck in the 1st innings...

weapons05/06;205935 said:
just a quick 1......

congrats to evan gulbis a former willy player on being selected for the vic 2nd 11 match this week.....a good year to date with the bat with 659 runs @ 50........

bandit;206293 said:

hahaha........good effort though bandit.......i see tugga has been making a few........?

who is gonna win the flag flipper..........?

bandit;206293 said:

hahaha........good effort though bandit.......i see tugga has been making a few........?

who is gonna win the flag flipper..........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back