subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Wait till you see what sort of Knick Endeavour Hills tip is in. The bowlers will need special boots to run through the sand.

Wait till you see what sort of Knick Endeavour Hills tip is in. The bowlers will need special boots to run through the sand.

time for a preview of round 11 matches this Saturday lads on another busy weekend with the 1 dayers on Sunday.
Broady v Oaks-reckon it might be time to jump off the Broady bandwagon,the visitors will have too much all round talent while the Falcons are too reliant on their c.c goodwin who's having a terrific year.
end Hills v Willy-impossible to tip against the leaders who are are in top form,their attack just has so much depth,Clemson,Smith,Smith,Speakman,Sheedy,Murdoch etc.
Mt Wav-v Melton-probably the game of the round,the visitors are the hardest team in the comp to follow,if they were horses they'd be swabbed,will stick with the Mounties who have much to play for and with Harry,Bott and Hibbert providing some support to Bartlett and Ferguson they 'll get the points.
Weribee v Croydon-the young Tigers are on a roll and can't afford to slip up here although the Cockies could provide some stiff resistence,will tip the home side with confidence.
Sunshine v N.Park-13th v 14th,this is the Crows last chance to maybe get off the bottom and at home I reckon they will do the bizzo against a very disappointing Noble.
Altona v Bayswater-Gonna drop right off the A's,just can't make a score and the visitors with Dean Connell starring will be too good.
Yarra v Box Hill-No doubt about P. Radford,when he gets a score he gets a big one which was enough to get the Eagles home last week,but they won't trouble the powerful Box Hill line up esp. at BH.City Oval.
Will have a squizz at the 1 dayers later.

time for a preview of round 11 matches this Saturday lads on another busy weekend with the 1 dayers on Sunday.
Broady v Oaks-reckon it might be time to jump off the Broady bandwagon,the visitors will have too much all round talent while the Falcons are too reliant on their c.c goodwin who's having a terrific year.
end Hills v Willy-impossible to tip against the leaders who are are in top form,their attack just has so much depth,Clemson,Smith,Smith,Speakman,Sheedy,Murdoch etc.
Mt Wav-v Melton-probably the game of the round,the visitors are the hardest team in the comp to follow,if they were horses they'd be swabbed,will stick with the Mounties who have much to play for and with Harry,Bott and Hibbert providing some support to Bartlett and Ferguson they 'll get the points.
Weribee v Croydon-the young Tigers are on a roll and can't afford to slip up here although the Cockies could provide some stiff resistence,will tip the home side with confidence.
Sunshine v N.Park-13th v 14th,this is the Crows last chance to maybe get off the bottom and at home I reckon they will do the bizzo against a very disappointing Noble.
Altona v Bayswater-Gonna drop right off the A's,just can't make a score and the visitors with Dean Connell starring will be too good.
Yarra v Box Hill-No doubt about P. Radford,when he gets a score he gets a big one which was enough to get the Eagles home last week,but they won't trouble the powerful Box Hill line up esp. at BH.City Oval.

Knobjockey;206666 said:

worst first and seconds ground in the league by far, even the hoff would struggle through that sand

Knobjockey;206666 said:

worst first and seconds ground in the league by far, even the hoff would struggle through that sand

Knobjockey;206666 said:

good thing is my friend i wont be seeing the tip.........lol:eek:
and i have seen it before.....graham crocker........lol

Knobjockey;206666 said:

good thing is my friend i wont be seeing the tip.........lol:eek:
and i have seen it before.....graham crocker........lol

Piston Broke;206710 said:

interesting with the willy bowling line up last week 2 bowlers up there in the leading wicket takers didnt get a bowl......c.smith and d.croft.......smith was underdone after a rest with a hammy.........another 1 is brad gilham.......leading wicket taker of the 2's was promoted last week a good young fast/med bowler......

so along with croft and gilham there are 8 wicket taking options with no spinners but young jensen can bowl some darts if required......good thing is they can all bat.........:eek:

my tips
broady
hills......i think the ones will drop their guard at some stage this might be it.......i hope not.....but its a tip anyway.......
melton.....
wezza
n.park will enjoy sunny's deck
a's
yarra
i like the under dog.........

Piston Broke;206710 said:

interesting with the willy bowling line up last week 2 bowlers up there in the leading wicket takers didnt get a bowl......c.smith and d.croft.......smith was underdone after a rest with a hammy.........another 1 is brad gilham.......leading wicket taker of the 2's was promoted last week a good young fast/med bowler......

so along with croft and gilham there are 8 wicket taking options with no spinners but young jensen can bowl some darts if required......good thing is they can all bat.........:eek:

my tips
broady
hills......i think the ones will drop their guard at some stage this might be it.......i hope not.....but its a tip anyway.......
melton.....
wezza
n.park will enjoy sunny's deck
a's
yarra
i like the under dog.........

I've never been to this "tip'before,but why are they playing on it if it's so bad?
Should start a topic on everyone's favourite/unfavourite grounds.
Time for a quicklook at sunday's 1 dayers;
Yarrav Oaks-Oaks easily
Bayswater v Willy-Willy comfortably
Box Hill-Melton-just the sort of game Melton could surprise in.
Altona-Croydon-the A's need awin to restore some pride,but gonna tip the Cockies toget up on the last ball.
Broadyv Noble-every game's a danger game right now for the Falcons but they should win thisone,maybe?
End Hills-Sunshine-the Crows can be dangerous in 1 dayers esp with the bat but their bowling lets them down,tip the Hills but in a close one.
Mt Wav-v Werribee-hardest game of the round to tip,mybe stick with the home side for that reason only.
Good luck to all and lets hope the weather gods smile on us.

I've never been to this "tip'before,but why are they playing on it if it's so bad?
Yarrav Oaks-Oaks easily
Altona-Croydon-the A's need awin to restore some pride,but gonna tip the Cockies toget up on the last ball.
Broadyv Noble-every game's a danger game right now for the Falcons but they should win thisone,maybe?
End Hills-Sunshine-the Crows can be dangerous in 1 dayers esp with the bat but their bowling lets them down,tip the Hills but in a close one.
Mt Wav-v Werribee-hardest game of the round to tip,mybe stick with the home side for that reason only.

Piston Broke;206857 said:
Yarrav Oaks-Oaks easily

played there last week and the bad areas are around the bowlers run ups at one end its just sand you have to run through...the ground is dead in some parts but the couch grass is coming back so a bit of water an no play on it, it will be fine. the hills boys were saying the council sprayed it an killed it so that didnt help it out,its very quick an a road of a wicket...

Piston Broke;206857 said:
Yarrav Oaks-Oaks easily

played there last week and the bad areas are around the bowlers run ups at one end its just sand you have to run through...the ground is dead in some parts but the couch grass is coming back so a bit of water an no play on it, it will be fine. the hills boys were saying the council sprayed it an killed it so that didnt help it out,its very quick an a road of a wicket...

Ok here is a look at the 2's this round.
Oakleigh to smash Broady, maybe even a chance of an outright there.
Us at home in a tight one with the 4th place Endeavour in the game of the round.
Melton at home easily against Mt Waverly
Croydon should beat the improving Wbee at home in a tight game.
Noble Park to beat Sunshine.
A's back on the winners list away at Bayswater.
Box Hill to just beat the 2nd place Yarraville at home.

Good luck to all.
Im venturing out to campbell reserve at coburg because im in the 3s lol but i think im in the 2s on sunday, we will just have to wait and see.

Ok here is a look at the 2's this round.
Oakleigh to smash Broady, maybe even a chance of an outright there.
Us at home in a tight one with the 4th place Endeavour in the game of the round.
Melton at home easily against Mt Waverly
Croydon should beat the improving Wbee at home in a tight game.
Noble Park to beat Sunshine.
A's back on the winners list away at Bayswater.
Box Hill to just beat the 2nd place Yarraville at home.

Good luck to all.
Im venturing out to campbell reserve at coburg because im in the 3s lol but i think im in the 2s on sunday, we will just have to wait and see.

Now looking at the 1dayer on sunday.

Oakleigh just over Yarraville at home in an absolute ripper game, this game will have a huge say come finals time and who makes it and who doesnt.
Willi easily over the 2nd bottom Bayswater.
Melton in the last over against the very strong Box Hill side.
Croydon to upset Altona at home in what will be a very interesting game.
Noble Park just over Broady in the who gives a sh1t game of the week.
Endeavour to smash the hopeless Sunshine unit.
Werribee easily at home over the struggling Mt Waverley.

Big games on sundays and if my tips are right then the top 2 sides could be in for a loss each on Sunday. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Now looking at the 1dayer on sunday.

Oakleigh just over Yarraville at home in an absolute ripper game, this game will have a huge say come finals time and who makes it and who doesnt.
Willi easily over the 2nd bottom Bayswater.
Melton in the last over against the very strong Box Hill side.
Croydon to upset Altona at home in what will be a very interesting game.
Noble Park just over Broady in the who gives a sh1t game of the week.
Endeavour to smash the hopeless Sunshine unit.
Werribee easily at home over the struggling Mt Waverley.

Big games on sundays and if my tips are right then the top 2 sides could be in for a loss each on Sunday. We will have to wait and see what happens.

Piston Broke;206865 said:
Sounds like most councils these days Bubba, ********ing hopeless!

yep its sure is pb! some of the grounds that are stuffed now should of been couched 3years ago when the drought started,they have got no idea! an they still dont do anything about it...noble park,altona a couple of grounds that are couched an they are awesome grounds,not much water needed an they are like carpet! an it was good to see stickers down at training last night helping out the young fellas with there bowling good on yah hurracane!

Piston Broke;206865 said:
Sounds like most councils these days Bubba, ********ing hopeless!

yep its sure is pb! some of the grounds that are stuffed now should of been couched 3years ago when the drought started,they have got no idea! an they still dont do anything about it...noble park,altona a couple of grounds that are couched an they are awesome grounds,not much water needed an they are like carpet! an it was good to see stickers down at training last night helping out the young fellas with there bowling good on yah hurracane!

Bubba;206916 said:

werribee is another in joseph gutnick:eek:

Bubba;206916 said:

weapons05/06;206993 said:

its a great grass but councils have got no idea,yarravile are doing it an some more grounds that would benifet from it should be doing it! should have the hills covered this week weapo...hows the ground holding up? are willy training for footy on it?

weapons05/06;206993 said:

its a great grass but councils have got no idea,yarravile are doing it an some more grounds that would benifet from it should be doing it! should have the hills covered this week weapo...hows the ground holding up? are willy training for footy on it?

Bubba;206994 said:

rain in the last couple of weeks has made it great......green and good grass cover.......

no willy footy on it........they train at whitten oval......

hopefully i get some more runs and play in another winning side again........@|

Bubba;206994 said:

rain in the last couple of weeks has made it great......green and good grass cover.......

weapons05/06;207000 said:

what a day yesterday, the mounts 9/124dec after 77overs we had to bat for 3 overs and are 0/6. it was a long day let me tell you. the opener made 47 and went out in the 68th over. how did yous go weapo?? goodluck to all sides today!

weapons05/06;207000 said:

what a day yesterday, the mounts 9/124dec after 77overs we had to bat for 3 overs and are 0/6. it was a long day let me tell you. the opener made 47 and went out in the 68th over. how did yous go weapo?? goodluck to all sides today!

Bubba;207174 said:

good day for us........9/238 could have been 260 270 but we will take the 240.......

p.gullivan 51
freeman 65
vincent 29
and a few of the younger blokes got 20.......so a good day at the office....which in the context of the top 4 massive next week.......
if you want to know how i went ask ywl cause im froffing still.......:eek:

1 dayer
bayswater 6 or 7 fa 160
vincent 4 fa
hall 2 fa good young spinner
chook fowler 1/12 off his 9........a boundry in his last over......great spell
they were 2/60 odd off 10 travelling top shelf spinners on made them work for it and they had to make the pace.........
willy 5/162
brown amungst them again......lol 43 knoking the door down......should have been an 80 not out.......thats cricket should have put the full banger in to the water.........
p.gullivan 33
travelling alright 1/89 odd in the 21st over
3/91 just before drinks pressure was on.......
vincent 20
d'altera 19
b.davis 19*
doyle 20* off 13 balls

again young blokes did the job to finish the game off in a positive fashion good signs for the future at my great club.........

altona 2's rolled for 136 against the waters and they are 1/66 in reply.......
yarra 2's have already lost which is very interesting come the end of the year......

cheers

Bubba;207174 said:

good day for us........9/238 could have been 260 270 but we will take the 240.......

p.gullivan 51
freeman 65
vincent 29
and a few of the younger blokes got 20.......so a good day at the office....which in the context of the top 4 massive next week.......

1 dayer
bayswater 6 or 7 fa 160
vincent 4 fa
they were 2/60 odd off 10 travelling top shelf spinners on made them work for it and they had to make the pace.........
willy 5/162
brown amungst them again......lol 43 knoking the door down......should have been an 80 not out.......thats cricket should have put the full banger in to the water.........
p.gullivan 33
vincent 20
d'altera 19
b.davis 19*
doyle 20* off 13 balls

again young blokes did the job to finish the game off in a positive fashion good signs for the future at my great club.........

yarra 2's have already lost which is very interesting come the end of the year......

cheers

weapons05/06;207265 said:

p.gullivan 51
freeman 65
vincent 29

1 dayer
bayswater 6 or 7 fa 160
vincent 4 fa
willy 5/162
p.gullivan 33
vincent 20
d'altera 19
b.davis 19*
doyle 20* off 13 balls

cheers

Good round up again Dog.
For anyone who is interested in the way weapons went out it was run out for 13 against Endeavour in the 2dayer.

It is very interesting to see Yarraville get done on day 1. If you have a look dog i think i might have tipped Box Hill lol im at it again with the tips.
I suggest you watch your tips in future though mate, you wouldnt want any1 txting you blaming you for there loss lol.

weapons05/06;207265 said:

p.gullivan 51
freeman 65
vincent 29

1 dayer
bayswater 6 or 7 fa 160
vincent 4 fa
willy 5/162
p.gullivan 33
vincent 20
d'altera 19
b.davis 19*
doyle 20* off 13 balls

cheers

Good round up again Dog.
For anyone who is interested in the way weapons went out it was run out for 13 against Endeavour in the 2dayer.

It is very interesting to see Yarraville get done on day 1. If you have a look dog i think i might have tipped Box Hill lol im at it again with the tips.
I suggest you watch your tips in future though mate, you wouldnt want any1 txting you blaming you for there loss lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back