subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08

Young Willi Lad;207326 said:
Good round up again Dog.
For anyone who is interested in the way weapons went out it was run out for 13 against Endeavour in the 2dayer.

It is very interesting to see Yarraville get done on day 1. If you have a look dog i think i might have tipped Box Hill lol im at it again with the tips.
I suggest you watch your tips in future though mate, you wouldnt want any1 txting you blaming you for there loss lol.

yea box hill very good side... had them yesterday an they batted first an made 221 with there number 4 making a ton an number 6 young keeper making a quick 50odd.. we were 8 for 190 at the end if we took our chances in the field we dropped the ton maker 3 times we were in with a chance.. there opening bowler Mcnutly done his groin first ball off our innings so dont no how bad that will be coming into the finals an i think he got 5fa on saturday!

Young Willi Lad;207326 said:
Good round up again Dog.
For anyone who is interested in the way weapons went out it was run out for 13 against Endeavour in the 2dayer.

It is very interesting to see Yarraville get done on day 1. If you have a look dog i think i might have tipped Box Hill lol im at it again with the tips.
I suggest you watch your tips in future though mate, you wouldnt want any1 txting you blaming you for there loss lol.

yea box hill very good side... had them yesterday an they batted first an made 221 with there number 4 making a ton an number 6 young keeper making a quick 50odd.. we were 8 for 190 at the end if we took our chances in the field we dropped the ton maker 3 times we were in with a chance.. there opening bowler Mcnutly done his groin first ball off our innings so dont no how bad that will be coming into the finals an i think he got 5fa on saturday!

I have to check out Box Hills keeper/number 6 name.I tell you this kid can play he was awesome. Easily the best batting I have seen at seconds level all season.A couple of us Bubba included were actually enjoying watching the little ************ bat.
All the shots,heap of time.And then goes out and keeps like a demon.
Good on him.Will be a gun.

I have to check out Box Hills keeper/number 6 name.I tell you this kid can play he was awesome. Easily the best batting I have seen at seconds level all season.A couple of us Bubba included were actually enjoying watching the little ************ bat.

Knobjockey;207416 said:

yes he was a gun a future star of the comp...cant say the same for the test cricketer from the mounts on saturday he faced 250balls for his 47...he had it all calling for the aerogaurd and gloves and even to change his grip..and had all the right hand singals to the boys in the stands so they knew what he was talking about was very funny!

Knobjockey;207416 said:

yes he was a gun a future star of the comp...cant say the same for the test cricketer from the mounts on saturday he faced 250balls for his 47...he had it all calling for the aerogaurd and gloves and even to change his grip..and had all the right hand singals to the boys in the stands so they knew what he was talking about was very funny!

Bubba;207418 said:

Tell us more, was it ferguson or bartlett ??

Bubba;207418 said:

bucket head;207424 said:

nah this was in the 2's they have got them starting early down at the mounts...he just couldnt hit anything then he got bogged down an just didnt want to score... but yesterday a guy batting at 3 for box hill batted for 15overs for a duck!!!!!!!!!!! didnt even look like scoring an it was a one dayer!:eek:

bucket head;207424 said:

nah this was in the 2's they have got them starting early down at the mounts...he just couldnt hit anything then he got bogged down an just didnt want to score... but yesterday a guy batting at 3 for box hill batted for 15overs for a duck!!!!!!!!!!! didnt even look like scoring an it was a one dayer!:eek:

How did you go Bubba or should or say Mike Hussey !!!
The only thing i know about Sunday was you have the Slowest opening bowler ever to play cricket. The Hill should have made 350

The only thing i know about Sunday was you have the Slowest opening bowler ever to play cricket. The Hill should have made 350

boxhillfan;207438 said:

yea had a pretty good game got in the runs so went alrite yourself??? well yas didnt make 350 did yas yah made 221 which should of been 180 if we took our chances an we didnt an yous made us pay.... was a good game and in good spirits! and yous are a chance to get an outright this saturday to put yous into the top 4 so goodluck with that!@|

boxhillfan;207438 said:

yea had a pretty good game got in the runs so went alrite yourself??? well yas didnt make 350 did yas yah made 221 which should of been 180 if we took our chances an we didnt an yous made us pay.... was a good game and in good spirits! and yous are a chance to get an outright this saturday to put yous into the top 4 so goodluck with that!@|

boxhillfan;207438 said:

shame that wasnt the normal opening bowler cock....

boxhillfan;207438 said:

shame that wasnt the normal opening bowler cock....

buckethead - they can whinge all they want about the umpiring, what a joke, 1st ball of the second over ferguson was ABSOLUTELY plumb half volley on middle played all around it and was just gonna hit middle half way up and the umpire didnt give it out, we were shocked, next ball was similar and wrapped the pads again,very full probably hitting leg not middle this time and the finger went up, lets say he was lucky to face the 1 more ball than he did. next bloke out caught at second slip i suppose there complaining about that one too?? last ball of the day lefty played across the line and knicked one to the keeper, everyone went up definately sounded like he smashed it, and the finger went up, i think he was more disapointed in getting out the last ball and thats why they have kicked up a stink... if we didnt get that last decision we would be the ones going nuts because of the first lbw off ferguson not given out (which didnt matter in the end because we got him next ball) they are still favourites to knock our poor total of 111 off with bartlett still to come, but were half a show

buckethead - they can whinge all they want about the umpiring, what a joke, 1st ball of the second over ferguson was ABSOLUTELY plumb half volley on middle played all around it and was just gonna hit middle half way up and the umpire didnt give it out, we were shocked, next ball was similar and wrapped the pads again,very full probably hitting leg not middle this time and the finger went up, lets say he was lucky to face the 1 more ball than he did. next bloke out caught at second slip i suppose there complaining about that one too?? last ball of the day lefty played across the line and knicked one to the keeper, everyone went up definately sounded like he smashed it, and the finger went up, i think he was more disapointed in getting out the last ball and thats why they have kicked up a stink... if we didnt get that last decision we would be the ones going nuts because of the first lbw off ferguson not given out (which didnt matter in the end because we got him next ball) they are still favourites to knock our poor total of 111 off with bartlett still to come, but were half a show

*DaNcE HeRo*;207581 said:

Well d/h,bit touchy is it.I've been told that fergusons lbw was off the middle of the bat,second wicket was out and the last bloke shouldered arms ,hit the flap of his pad to be given out caught behind. Now i know you were there but so were these blokes ....so go figure??

*DaNcE HeRo*;207581 said:

Well d/h,bit touchy is it.I've been told that fergusons lbw was off the middle of the bat,second wicket was out and the last bloke shouldered arms ,hit the flap of his pad to be given out caught behind. Now i know you were there but so were these blokes ....so go figure??

bucket head;207594 said:

well did you ask about the first one ferguson got?? dont see much more plummer than that!! the last fella did not shoulder arms nothing, think theres a few porkys going on there... he tried to defend to the leg side, ball cut away and he knicked it.. liek i said i think he was complaining because the fact he got out the last ball, he prob was looking for an excuse. and its not a touchy subject you wombat, you asked the question and i told it how i saw it...

bucket head;207594 said:

well did you ask about the first one ferguson got?? dont see much more plummer than that!! the last fella did not shoulder arms nothing, think theres a few porkys going on there... he tried to defend to the leg side, ball cut away and he knicked it.. liek i said i think he was complaining because the fact he got out the last ball, he prob was looking for an excuse. and its not a touchy subject you wombat, you asked the question and i told it how i saw it...

Now looking back at the results of the 1dayer last sunday.
I only got 5/7 this week in my tips.

Oakleigh absolutely smashed Yarraville beating them by 9 wickets after bowling them out for only 98. I said last week i do not think Yarraville are the real deal and they showed it last weekend.

We got over Bayswater by 5 wickets in a good game. Bayswater didnt look like a bottom 4 side. In my opinion they should be a lot higher up going on there performance on the weekend.

Box Hill got over Melton at Melton in a very good win for them. I havent seen the scores yet but Bubba said Box Hill made 220 and Melton got 180 in reply.

Altona just got over Croydon in a low scoring game on the very good Croydon pitch. Altona are in a bit of a slump at the moment losing their last game and looking like losing the 2dayer that is on at the moment so this was an important win for them.

Noble Park beat Broady comfortably in what i called the who gives a sh1t game of the week and it was really with 2 of the bottom 4 sides playing each other in a nothing match.

Endeavour demolished Sunshine with the Peake boys getting amongst the runs again. Shane Peake made 118* and i saw him bowl very, very well on saturday against our boys taking 4 for 70odd off 27 overs, he used the breeze nicely and hardly bowled a bad ball all day and he was well supported by his brother at the other end.

In the final game Werribee got over Mt Waverely by 7 wickets at Churnside Park which puts them in 4th place. They are the suprise packets and are the quiet achievers and may be a side to look out for in the last couple of games.

Piston have you maybe got a wrap of the 1dayers in the 1s?

Now looking back at the results of the 1dayer last sunday.
I only got 5/7 this week in my tips.

Oakleigh absolutely smashed Yarraville beating them by 9 wickets after bowling them out for only 98. I said last week i do not think Yarraville are the real deal and they showed it last weekend.

We got over Bayswater by 5 wickets in a good game. Bayswater didnt look like a bottom 4 side. In my opinion they should be a lot higher up going on there performance on the weekend.

Box Hill got over Melton at Melton in a very good win for them. I havent seen the scores yet but Bubba said Box Hill made 220 and Melton got 180 in reply.

Altona just got over Croydon in a low scoring game on the very good Croydon pitch. Altona are in a bit of a slump at the moment losing their last game and looking like losing the 2dayer that is on at the moment so this was an important win for them.

Noble Park beat Broady comfortably in what i called the who gives a sh1t game of the week and it was really with 2 of the bottom 4 sides playing each other in a nothing match.

Endeavour demolished Sunshine with the Peake boys getting amongst the runs again. Shane Peake made 118* and i saw him bowl very, very well on saturday against our boys taking 4 for 70odd off 27 overs, he used the breeze nicely and hardly bowled a bad ball all day and he was well supported by his brother at the other end.

In the final game Werribee got over Mt Waverely by 7 wickets at Churnside Park which puts them in 4th place. They are the suprise packets and are the quiet achievers and may be a side to look out for in the last couple of games.

Piston have you maybe got a wrap of the 1dayers in the 1s?

Funny how you can get 2 totally contrasting versions from people who swear blind they're both right,makes for good reading anyway.
Let's have a look at some results from the weekend starting with Round 11 on Saturday.
Broadyv Oakleigh and Sunshine v Noble both no play,1 dayers next week.
Willy 2/80 chasing End, Hills 133,should be comfortable for the leaders,Drain 40*the mainstay.
Melton 117 have Mt Waverley 3/10 with Bartlett still to come,much will depend on him,too close to call.
Werribee 1/30 in reply to Croydon's competitive 203,could be another thriller.
Altona in a strong position at 3/90 after Bayswater's 128,the evergreen Mc Farlane bagging 6/38.
Yarra 112 in big heaps against Box Hill's 4/70,Goldsmith looking ominous on 32*
With conditions favouring the bowlers most games advantaged the side bowling 1st but some great finishes looming.
In Sunday's replay of Round 6 games a couple of major surprises occurred;
Yarra 171/7 lost to Oakleigh's 173/5 with the opener Anderson getting 60 odd for the winners.
In the 1st shock of the day,Willy couldn't chase down Bayswaters 152 falling 20 odd short,in an unusual stat 4 of the Willy bats made 21 which you wouldn't see too often.
In another surprise Melton just got up against 2nd placed Box Hill with 1 wicket to spare]Dance Hero,can you give us a run down of the finish?]
Altona coming with a late rush too good for Croydon202/5 against 164,Gun Spinner Boglis 3 wkts,[why isn't he playing Premier Cricket?]
End Hills 197/5 too good for last placed Sunshine 195 in a high scoring game.
In the final game,a jittery Broady were smashed by Noble 100 to 7/18o,the veteran Rod Douthie 62*for the Parkers.
Woops,forgot to mention Werribee and the mounties played a thrilling tie,cant remember a season with so many.
The race is really on now for a place in the four with Saturdays action all important,perhaps we'll know more come Saturday night,good luck to all.

Funny how you can get 2 totally contrasting versions from people who swear blind they're both right,makes for good reading anyway.
Let's have a look at some results from the weekend starting with Round 11 on Saturday.
Broadyv Oakleigh and Sunshine v Noble both no play,1 dayers next week.
Willy 2/80 chasing End, Hills 133,should be comfortable for the leaders,Drain 40*the mainstay.
Melton 117 have Mt Waverley 3/10 with Bartlett still to come,much will depend on him,too close to call.
Werribee 1/30 in reply to Croydon's competitive 203,could be another thriller.
Altona in a strong position at 3/90 after Bayswater's 128,the evergreen Mc Farlane bagging 6/38.
Yarra 112 in big heaps against Box Hill's 4/70,Goldsmith looking ominous on 32*
With conditions favouring the bowlers most games advantaged the side bowling 1st but some great finishes looming.
In Sunday's replay of Round 6 games a couple of major surprises occurred;
Yarra 171/7 lost to Oakleigh's 173/5 with the opener Anderson getting 60 odd for the winners.
In the 1st shock of the day,Willy couldn't chase down Bayswaters 152 falling 20 odd short,in an unusual stat 4 of the Willy bats made 21 which you wouldn't see too often.
In another surprise Melton just got up against 2nd placed Box Hill with 1 wicket to spare]Dance Hero,can you give us a run down of the finish?]
Altona coming with a late rush too good for Croydon202/5 against 164,Gun Spinner Boglis 3 wkts,[why isn't he playing Premier Cricket?]
End Hills 197/5 too good for last placed Sunshine 195 in a high scoring game.
In the final game,a jittery Broady were smashed by Noble 100 to 7/18o,the veteran Rod Douthie 62*for the Parkers.
Woops,forgot to mention Werribee and the mounties played a thrilling tie,cant remember a season with so many.
The race is really on now for a place in the four with Saturdays action all important,perhaps we'll know more come Saturday night,good luck to all.

*DaNcE HeRo*;207645 said:
D/h ,only reporting what i got told,dont really know care one way or the other ,got enuf problems with my own side .So you are right,some one is telling some pies

*DaNcE HeRo*;207645 said:
D/h ,only reporting what i got told,dont really know care one way or the other ,got enuf problems with my own side .So you are right,some one is telling some pies

Hey d/h think if you look a bit closer you might find the fault may lay with the man in white ( his reputation is getting worse every game ,every year )

Hey d/h think if you look a bit closer you might find the fault may lay with the man in white ( his reputation is getting worse every game ,every year )

Young Willi Lad;206866 said:
Ok here is a look at the 2's this round.
Oakleigh to smash Broady, maybe even a chance of an outright there.
Us at home in a tight one with the 4th place Endeavour in the game of the round.
Melton at home easily against Mt Waverly
Croydon should beat the improving Wbee at home in a tight game.
Noble Park to beat Sunshine.
A's back on the winners list away at Bayswater.
Box Hill to just beat the 2nd place Yarraville at home.

Good luck to all.
Im venturing out to campbell reserve at coburg because im in the 3s lol but i think im in the 2s on sunday, we will just have to wait and see.

Well now for the 2dayer and u can compare the results with my comments b4 the game.

Oakleigh have already beaten Broadmedows and will defenitely be looking for the outright i mentioned but im backing Broady to just hold on like they did against us.

We made 9/238 in what is a very good score at the WCG. Endeavour Hills have a very strong batting line up but you would have to say that we would start favourites. I have not seen any score of over 200 chased down on day 2 at Willi.

You would expect Melton to sh1t in against Mt Waverely after the visitors only made 125. Maybe bubba or seamer can get amongst them.

Werribee beat Croydon in a 1dayer which is my first incorrect tip this round. These two teams played out a 1dayer this week because apparently there is some sort of festival on at the Croydon ground next week so a 2dayer couldnt be played.

Noble Park will win very easily against sunshine after making 246 and they have the vistors 2 for 7 in reply.

Bayswater look like taking out the upset of the round. They rolled the A's for 137 and are 1/67 in reply with Taylor still batting, if he bats for another half an hour the game is gone. As i said in my last wrap Bayswater have under performed this year and may loom as the danger side to play between now and the finals.

And in the last game of the round Box Hill have already beaten Yarraville after rolling them for a very disappointing 61 and Box Hill are 4/127 in reply. Yarraville's total score for the weekend was 20/159, hardly a weekend that a a finals side would have.

With a chance of Oakleigh and Box Hill winning outright the top 4 could be changed around a lot by the end of this round so this saturday looks like a big one in the race for the finals.

Young Willi Lad;206866 said:
Ok here is a look at the 2's this round.
Oakleigh to smash Broady, maybe even a chance of an outright there.
Us at home in a tight one with the 4th place Endeavour in the game of the round.
Melton at home easily against Mt Waverly
Croydon should beat the improving Wbee at home in a tight game.
Noble Park to beat Sunshine.
A's back on the winners list away at Bayswater.
Box Hill to just beat the 2nd place Yarraville at home.

Good luck to all.
Im venturing out to campbell reserve at coburg because im in the 3s lol but i think im in the 2s on sunday, we will just have to wait and see.

Well now for the 2dayer and u can compare the results with my comments b4 the game.

Oakleigh have already beaten Broadmedows and will defenitely be looking for the outright i mentioned but im backing Broady to just hold on like they did against us.

We made 9/238 in what is a very good score at the WCG. Endeavour Hills have a very strong batting line up but you would have to say that we would start favourites. I have not seen any score of over 200 chased down on day 2 at Willi.

You would expect Melton to sh1t in against Mt Waverely after the visitors only made 125. Maybe bubba or seamer can get amongst them.

Werribee beat Croydon in a 1dayer which is my first incorrect tip this round. These two teams played out a 1dayer this week because apparently there is some sort of festival on at the Croydon ground next week so a 2dayer couldnt be played.

Noble Park will win very easily against sunshine after making 246 and they have the vistors 2 for 7 in reply.

Bayswater look like taking out the upset of the round. They rolled the A's for 137 and are 1/67 in reply with Taylor still batting, if he bats for another half an hour the game is gone. As i said in my last wrap Bayswater have under performed this year and may loom as the danger side to play between now and the finals.

And in the last game of the round Box Hill have already beaten Yarraville after rolling them for a very disappointing 61 and Box Hill are 4/127 in reply. Yarraville's total score for the weekend was 20/159, hardly a weekend that a a finals side would have.

With a chance of Oakleigh and Box Hill winning outright the top 4 could be changed around a lot by the end of this round so this saturday looks like a big one in the race for the finals.

bucket head;207680 said:

who?? never had those 2 umpires before. if ferguson smashed it then it was a square up for the ball before. we would have been the ones complaining if we didnt get that last decison cuz definately sounded like bat from 2nd slip.

bucket head;207680 said:

who?? never had those 2 umpires before. if ferguson smashed it then it was a square up for the ball before. we would have been the ones complaining if we didnt get that last decison cuz definately sounded like bat from 2nd slip.

game against box hill was in the balance the whole day, our bowlers did a great job. we needed about 20 off 20 with 2 wickets in hadn and our number 10 got a few away and then when it was a tie with 2 balls left, bat on strike missed it they run to win the game but the keeper direct hit to keep box hill in the running for a tie. so with 1 ball left 1 wicket in hand james (concrete) wheelahan stepped up to the plate and guided one through gully off blake to win the game.

game against box hill was in the balance the whole day, our bowlers did a great job. we needed about 20 off 20 with 2 wickets in hadn and our number 10 got a few away and then when it was a tie with 2 balls left, bat on strike missed it they run to win the game but the keeper direct hit to keep box hill in the running for a tie. so with 1 ball left 1 wicket in hand james (concrete) wheelahan stepped up to the plate and guided one through gully off blake to win the game.

ok ,rd 12 n/s group
b/op's coming off a win against underfeated malvern to continue to win this time at the exspence of coburg
elsty ,after getting flogged and kew winning one makes this a 50/50 game,elsty to bounce back
ormond after being beaten by the bottom side without beshara and the saints possibly without jones ,ormond for mine
caulfield to good for preston
brunswick to lose another with pradeep to get anther ton for the moorabbin boys
malvern to bounce back against balwyn
ivanhoe v brighton ,not sure after both having good wins of late ,ivanhoe if stacky fires

ok ,rd 12 n/s group
b/op's coming off a win against underfeated malvern to continue to win this time at the exspence of coburg
elsty ,after getting flogged and kew winning one makes this a 50/50 game,elsty to bounce back
ormond after being beaten by the bottom side without beshara and the saints possibly without jones ,ormond for mine
caulfield to good for preston
brunswick to lose another with pradeep to get anther ton for the moorabbin boys
malvern to bounce back against balwyn
ivanhoe v brighton ,not sure after both having good wins of late ,ivanhoe if stacky fires

hatch medal time boys,get your money on.
my n/s tip would be craig from pradeep and beshara
maybe we can all catch up at the the dinner thursday and make ourselves known to each other lol?

hatch medal time boys,get your money on.
my n/s tip would be craig from pradeep and beshara
maybe we can all catch up at the the dinner thursday and make ourselves known to each other lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back