subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

need another player.....late mail is that pat gallivan is off overseas after just securing a job in canada........leave's next week..........

yer i did say boglis was flat out with work but wasnt sure if he was able to play in subbies side..........surely 1 of the leading spin bowlers in the comp.........

id have farrow in as keeper..........keeps to 1 of the best attacks in the comp just behind ours.........lol.......hodges (willy) is another 1.........but unfortunately for other teams in the subbies hasnt seen the best of him yet..........

id like to see c.sheedy representing our comp as captian.......has dominated our comp without doubt bat or ball..........it also would be a good learning ker for players in other teams to see what he is like on the field........we are so lucky to be at the same club and play with the great man........

cheers..........

need another player.....late mail is that pat gallivan is off overseas after just securing a job in canada........leave's next week..........

yer i did say boglis was flat out with work but wasnt sure if he was able to play in subbies side..........surely 1 of the leading spin bowlers in the comp.........

id have farrow in as keeper..........keeps to 1 of the best attacks in the comp just behind ours.........lol.......hodges (willy) is another 1.........but unfortunately for other teams in the subbies hasnt seen the best of him yet..........

id like to see c.sheedy representing our comp as captian.......has dominated our comp without doubt bat or ball..........it also would be a good learning ker for players in other teams to see what he is like on the field........we are so lucky to be at the same club and play with the great man........

cheers..........

weapons05/06;289697 said:

cheers..........

If thats not enough suckin to get back in the 1's I dont know what is???:eek:............The window might be open 4 ya now that PG is going???But at 28, YWL wont be happy,he'd want the U14's in there first b4 a 28yo
hahahah NO IDEA:eek:

cheers..........

If thats not enough suckin to get back in the 1's I dont know what is???:eek:............The window might be open 4 ya now that PG is going???But at 28, YWL wont be happy,he'd want the U14's in there first b4 a 28yo
hahahah NO IDEA:eek:

im about to be sick reading weapons last post... however sheedy should be in the side, why isnt he? kighty is 16 and would have been great to be in the side, he is an excellent keeper and a good bat and first game got 58no opening the bat against mick lewis firing them in, surely thats gotta count for something... holmes was stiff, same boglis. caulfield seem to produce alot of captains.

im about to be sick reading weapons last post... however sheedy should be in the side, why isnt he? kighty is 16 and would have been great to be in the side, he is an excellent keeper and a good bat and first game got 58no opening the bat against mick lewis firing them in, surely thats gotta count for something... holmes was stiff, same boglis. caulfield seem to produce alot of captains.

cheers..........

Streiff was his replacement mate.

cheers..........

Streiff was his replacement mate.

*DaNcE HeRo*;289716 said:

Sheedy would be in the side every day of the week, but I don't think he's ever played in the rep side. Maybe weapons can enlighten us as to why. Maybe he just doesn't want or feel the need to. He certainly doesn't have to prove anything.

I agree that Holmes was another bloke who definitely deserved a spot, but one-dayers don't suit him – he's a grinding, all-day bat who places the highest price on his wicket – so that would have gone against him for sure. But no-one could have argued if he was picked.

Liked the comment re Caulfield skippers. Pilch has moved a fair way up in the world since he left you guys Dance Hero. Would you like to give us your opinion on why? And what kind of captain-coach was he at Melton?

Sheedy would be in the side every day of the week, but I don't think he's ever played in the rep side. Maybe weapons can enlighten us as to why. Maybe he just doesn't want or feel the need to. He certainly doesn't have to prove anything.

I agree that Holmes was another bloke who definitely deserved a spot, but one-dayers don't suit him – he's a grinding, all-day bat who places the highest price on his wicket – so that would have gone against him for sure. But no-one could have argued if he was picked.

Liked the comment re Caulfield skippers. Pilch has moved a fair way up in the world since he left you guys Dance Hero. Would you like to give us your opinion on why? And what kind of captain-coach was he at Melton?

you dont know how much ive learned since he has been at the club...........maybe mighty mick is teaching your boys a thing or 2 also.......
lack of commitment maybe also doesnt have to prove to any 1 as to why he should be in the side.........leave it at that ay........

you dont know how much ive learned since he has been at the club...........maybe mighty mick is teaching your boys a thing or 2 also.......
lack of commitment maybe also doesnt have to prove to any 1 as to why he should be in the side.........leave it at that ay........

Young Willi Lad;289915 said:
Well done to Weapons who got 90 today in the 2's.
Great innings and he gave us a chance for next week.

some people say cricket is a funny game...........definately was today.......:eek:

Young Willi Lad;289915 said:
Well done to Weapons who got 90 today in the 2's.
Great innings and he gave us a chance for next week.

some people say cricket is a funny game...........definately was today.......:eek:

not sure why sheeds isn't playing, but speaking to one of the selectors at the subbie night last year if you have said no to a game in the past then they are not likely to try and pick you. and they are looking at the younger guys to play these games. this is why they are so different to the team of years. guys like barlett and craig probably don't wish to play them. maybe sheeds said no as well...??

not sure why sheeds isn't playing, but speaking to one of the selectors at the subbie night last year if you have said no to a game in the past then they are not likely to try and pick you. and they are looking at the younger guys to play these games. this is why they are so different to the team of years. guys like barlett and craig probably don't wish to play them. maybe sheeds said no as well...??

anchorman;290358 said:

if they're looking at younger guys, why is kremer in and kight not getting a go?

anchorman;290358 said:

if they're looking at younger guys, why is kremer in and kight not getting a go?

concrete;290429 said:

i'm all for the younger guys playing, as discussed last week in the forum, i think they have gone with a keeper they know can keep. i think that they don't know who else can keep out there and aren't willing to pick on purely runs. it's up to them to know what is out there..

concrete;290429 said:

i'm all for the younger guys playing, as discussed last week in the forum, i think they have gone with a keeper they know can keep. i think that they don't know who else can keep out there and aren't willing to pick on purely runs. it's up to them to know what is out there..

Well, anchorman, if you're right and they don't know who the best keeper is, surely the only other way they can split the keepers is on their batting – and last I checked a good gauge of that is RUNS! Funny that...

As for the selectors going for youth, it's a flawed policy. It's not as if they're playing three or four rep matches a season and need some young players to carry the load – it's a one-off each year, so they should simply pick the best of the available talent. Give games to blokes who deserve to be there. It's an honour that blokes can hang their hats on at the end of their careers, so they shouldn't give out cheap caps. Just see who's available and pick the 11 players who are most likely to win us the match. Pretty simple formula.

Surely it's more important to win the game and get bragging rights over the country bumpkins, and send 'em back to the paddocks with their backsides dragging on the ground, rather than using it as a nursery to develop players – that's the job of the clubs.

As for the credibility of the selection panel, look no further than the chairman of selectors. Enough said.

And good work weapons. Gotta ask though – why didn't you get a ton?

Well, anchorman, if you're right and they don't know who the best keeper is, surely the only other way they can split the keepers is on their batting – and last I checked a good gauge of that is RUNS! Funny that...

As for the selectors going for youth, it's a flawed policy. It's not as if they're playing three or four rep matches a season and need some young players to carry the load – it's a one-off each year, so they should simply pick the best of the available talent. Give games to blokes who deserve to be there. It's an honour that blokes can hang their hats on at the end of their careers, so they shouldn't give out cheap caps. Just see who's available and pick the 11 players who are most likely to win us the match. Pretty simple formula.

Surely it's more important to win the game and get bragging rights over the country bumpkins, and send 'em back to the paddocks with their backsides dragging on the ground, rather than using it as a nursery to develop players – that's the job of the clubs.

As for the credibility of the selection panel, look no further than the chairman of selectors. Enough said.

Fleshy Gloveman;290542 said:

thanks.........we went off 4 or 5 times due to rain..........being 75 not at tea and cruising on a grassy wicket with good pace/bounce against 1 of the better attacks in the 2's ive seen and being rained off 4 or 5 times after tea didnt help my patience in the end.......wicket turned into a slow popper which it was hard to keep your feet on in the end both for the batsmen and bowlers.......ive never made a ton and another 1 goes begging........im shattered cause i did all the hard work an the shot i played wasnt any reflect of how i played during my innings...trying to hit the ball to the bahama's and counting how many clouds were in he sky wasnt the best option at the time........let alone the 4 str8 drives that smashed into the stumps at the other end...........bl00dy frustrating i tell ya.............

anyway thats cricket and a ton for me wasnt to be......... id take a 90 odd instead of a 30 odd anyday.........plus put the name up in lights for selection in the top team........

interesting game situation though...........we got 63.3 overs bowled to us and they get the same back next week........chasing 170 odd whats that 3 an over..........maidens the key.........weapons the key.........:eek:

cheers

go willy

Fleshy Gloveman;290542 said:

thanks.........we went off 4 or 5 times due to rain..........being 75 not at tea and cruising on a grassy wicket with good pace/bounce against 1 of the better attacks in the 2's ive seen and being rained off 4 or 5 times after tea didnt help my patience in the end.......wicket turned into a slow popper which it was hard to keep your feet on in the end both for the batsmen and bowlers.......ive never made a ton and another 1 goes begging........im shattered cause i did all the hard work an the shot i played wasnt any reflect of how i played during my innings...trying to hit the ball to the bahama's and counting how many clouds were in he sky wasnt the best option at the time........let alone the 4 str8 drives that smashed into the stumps at the other end...........bl00dy frustrating i tell ya.............

anyway thats cricket and a ton for me wasnt to be......... id take a 90 odd instead of a 30 odd anyday.........plus put the name up in lights for selection in the top team........

interesting game situation though...........we got 63.3 overs bowled to us and they get the same back next week........chasing 170 odd whats that 3 an over..........maidens the key.........weapons the key.........:eek:

cheers

go willy

weapons05/06;290583 said:

cheers

go willy

Thats the best 90 Ive ever seen.............oooooopps,,,, sorry I wasnt there was i???????????? For a minute I thought I was...........hang on a sec i've gotta go clean my vomit up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weapons05/06;290583 said:

cheers

go willy

Thats the best 90 Ive ever seen.............oooooopps,,,, sorry I wasnt there was i???????????? For a minute I thought I was...........hang on a sec i've gotta go clean my vomit up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hussler;291011 said:

Whats the point of you posting?
Your a t0sser!

hussler;291011 said:

Your a t0sser!

Young Willi Lad;291031 said:
Your a t0sser!

Cos I can!!!!!!!! At least I t0ss myself + not weapons..................................Junior Shitman:eek:

Young Willi Lad;291031 said:
Your a t0sser!

Cos I can!!!!!!!! At least I t0ss myself + not weapons..................................Junior Shitman:eek:

TheKid7;290960 said:
who's the best under 16 player going around in the subbies these days?

Last year i would have said Lachlan Mason from Oakleigh who had a great year last year. However he has really struggled in the 2's this year. Hopefully a big one is around the corner for him.

TheKid7;290960 said:
who's the best under 16 player going around in the subbies these days?

Last year i would have said Lachlan Mason from Oakleigh who had a great year last year. However he has really struggled in the 2's this year. Hopefully a big one is around the corner for him.

Young Willi Lad;291339 said:

Fair enough, what about yourself, or are you a bit older than that category now?

Young Willi Lad;291339 said:

Fair enough, what about yourself, or are you a bit older than that category now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back