subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Throwdowns who are you and what level do you play at ormond, ones? Are you by chance the captain? Wouldnt surprise me. Yeah O'Neill is at Elsternwick and is rapid having faced him at district level, but was injured earlier in the year against us so not sure if hes back to full pace yet. Shimell is the other guy, bowls pretty quick, but they fall away a fair bit after that, a few pie mediums and a spinner.
A few questions?
Who is the most valuable player in the comp (all 28 teams)
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

If Hilditch is at Ormond tommorrow i'll come down and clip him, again got the selection of the aussie team all wrong. Mcgain needs to play in that side, you cant win a game playing part time spinners and only 3.5 recognised bowlers(although hopes did bowl well for a .5). I would open with Hopes and maybe even hughes(though warner deserves another crack, someone should just tell him to tee off and stop trying to be an opener who can bat for 40 overs). Hopes at least will have a go, unlike clarke. Clarke can bat with a strike rate of 60 at number 4 instead of waste the power plays by getting himself in(dont get me wrong, great player, but not an opener). Then i would drop white for mcgain. Hopes was wasted in terms of batting tonight. And why was Haddin at 3, when has he ever batted 3 before, opened a few times for Aus and batted 4-5 with NSW. Hilfenhous was terrible also, has serious potential but hasnt worked out how to bowl in one dayers yet.

McGainforSthafrica;322343 said:
Throwdowns who are you and what level do you play at ormond, ones? Are you by chance the captain? Wouldnt surprise me. Yeah O'Neill is at Elsternwick and is rapid having faced him at district level, but was injured earlier in the year against us so not sure if hes back to full pace yet. Shimell is the other guy, bowls pretty quick, but they fall away a fair bit after that, a few pie mediums and a spinner.
A few questions?
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

If Hilditch is at Ormond tommorrow i'll come down and clip him, again got the selection of the aussie team all wrong. Mcgain needs to play in that side, you cant win a game playing part time spinners and only 3.5 recognised bowlers(although hopes did bowl well for a .5). I would open with Hopes and maybe even hughes(though warner deserves another crack, someone should just tell him to tee off and stop trying to be an opener who can bat for 40 overs). Hopes at least will have a go, unlike clarke. Clarke can bat with a strike rate of 60 at number 4 instead of waste the power plays by getting himself in(dont get me wrong, great player, but not an opener). Then i would drop white for mcgain. Hopes was wasted in terms of batting tonight. And why was Haddin at 3, when has he ever batted 3 before, opened a few times for Aus and batted 4-5 with NSW. Hilfenhous was terrible also, has serious potential but hasnt worked out how to bowl in one dayers yet.

O'Neill bowls heat... has had an interupted season with injuries, but a good pre-season and he's gonna have batsmen stepping towards square leg.
Shimells not that quick... just bowls consistent line and length. Is one for the future though.
Midwinter flys under the radar for the wicks.... but is a bit of a weird unit.
And MFSA.... this forum is for and about subbies, not the problems with the australian cricket team. :D:D

A few questions?
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

O'Neill bowls heat... has had an interupted season with injuries, but a good pre-season and he's gonna have batsmen stepping towards square leg.
Shimells not that quick... just bowls consistent line and length. Is one for the future though.
Midwinter flys under the radar for the wicks.... but is a bit of a weird unit.
And MFSA.... this forum is for and about subbies, not the problems with the australian cricket team. :D:D

subbies84;321990 said:
Firstly, Beshara is not a cult figure he is 1 of 44 players at Ormond and that's the way it should be(every player is equally important). Yes, we at ormond have had fun with this site but this time you have over stepped the mark. If you are going to comment on a forum for christ sake get your information right. Past 5 seasons the Ormond Hatch side has had a No Junk Food policy but to claim they were only allowed to eat salad is ludicrous. They also had a hatch Camp which proved to be an enormous success amongst the Hatch squad and this has also helped the recruitment of numerous players(Wilson, Boyle, Bricker, Everett, Singleton). To imply an individual is selfish for bolwing 38 overs is also astonishing without knowing the circumstances of the game - please tell me who should of bowled? Ormond Cricket Club has improved and should not be judged solely on where they are on the ladder. Surely there is more to a Cricket Club than where you finish on the ladder. How many of your clubs have invited umpires down to training this season ? I know ormond have
Don't criticise and individual or a club without knowing the facts. Move on

Isn't there a youth policy on at Ormond - so bowling 38 is really helping with that. And how else do you think clubs are judged by - performance on the field which equals points in the bank. No win no points which means no ladder position. Nobody CARES whether you've had umpires down at training - are you trying to improve your Spirit of Cricket performance?

subbies84;321990 said:
Firstly, Beshara is not a cult figure he is 1 of 44 players at Ormond and that's the way it should be(every player is equally important). Yes, we at ormond have had fun with this site but this time you have over stepped the mark. If you are going to comment on a forum for christ sake get your information right. Past 5 seasons the Ormond Hatch side has had a No Junk Food policy but to claim they were only allowed to eat salad is ludicrous. They also had a hatch Camp which proved to be an enormous success amongst the Hatch squad and this has also helped the recruitment of numerous players(Wilson, Boyle, Bricker, Everett, Singleton). To imply an individual is selfish for bolwing 38 overs is also astonishing without knowing the circumstances of the game - please tell me who should of bowled? Ormond Cricket Club has improved and should not be judged solely on where they are on the ladder. Surely there is more to a Cricket Club than where you finish on the ladder. How many of your clubs have invited umpires down to training this season ? I know ormond have
Don't criticise and individual or a club without knowing the facts. Move on

Isn't there a youth policy on at Ormond - so bowling 38 is really helping with that. And how else do you think clubs are judged by - performance on the field which equals points in the bank. No win no points which means no ladder position. Nobody CARES whether you've had umpires down at training - are you trying to improve your Spirit of Cricket performance?

subbies have lost the plot. what's wrong with extra drinks breaks?
clearly haven't been to willowfest before.. soft!

bucket head;322257 said:
Dont reckon you have ever faced him dog,captain of the twos last time you came across ormond so the records tell us....dont get ya missus to read it for you next time and we dont have any worries!!

correct...........though the missus cant read..........u must be spruiking again cause the fielders are near the top........:rolleyes:

bucket head;322257 said:
Dont reckon you have ever faced him dog,captain of the twos last time you came across ormond so the records tell us....dont get ya missus to read it for you next time and we dont have any worries!!

correct...........though the missus cant read..........u must be spruiking again cause the fielders are near the top........:rolleyes:

concrete;322452 said:

correct.........finaly we agree on something..........

for that other poster who said who is the most valuble player in the comp........we have 2.........sheeds and rohan smith.........the latter out with a injury that puts nathan buckley and mathew loyd's hamstring tear's to shame...........will be a big loss..........

my jnrs got called off this morning at 10:00 which was to be expected but surely the snrs should have gone ahead..........i was out doing the umpiring yeah it was windy but our grounds arnt the dust bowls the kids play on..........

concrete;322452 said:

correct.........finaly we agree on something..........

for that other poster who said who is the most valuble player in the comp........we have 2.........sheeds and rohan smith.........the latter out with a injury that puts nathan buckley and mathew loyd's hamstring tear's to shame...........will be a big loss..........

my jnrs got called off this morning at 10:00 which was to be expected but surely the snrs should have gone ahead..........i was out doing the umpiring yeah it was windy but our grounds arnt the dust bowls the kids play on..........

A few questions?
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

keep the talk to subbies cricket..........there are other threads to post about the aussies.........thanks john buchannan

weapo out

A few questions?
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

keep the talk to subbies cricket..........there are other threads to post about the aussies.........thanks john buchannan

weapo out

concrete;322452 said:

Yes agree.
What a joke.
We have played enough one dayers this season, im shattered.

concrete;322452 said:

Yes agree.
What a joke.
We have played enough one dayers this season, im shattered.

Agree sheedy is a class above. Never played against smith. Obviously Craig on the big coin at Malvern is up there as is Monto Perera. My boy Macmahon and Heathy Pritchard would have to be in the top few, Hales, Beshara, Goldsmith? Blake etc

Agree sheedy is a class above. Never played against smith. Obviously Craig on the big coin at Malvern is up there as is Monto Perera. My boy Macmahon and Heathy Pritchard would have to be in the top few, Hales, Beshara, Goldsmith? Blake etc

A few questions?
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

MVP's: Sheedy, Beshara, Pritchard in my opinion.
You can post about the Australian side on the relavent forums also not on here mate.

A few questions?
Best bat
Best bowler
Quickest bowler

You can post about the Australian side on the relavent forums also not on here mate.

McGainforSthafrica;322470 said:

pritchard.........good player but not in the sheeds class.........goldsmith.......mmmmmmmmmmm gee i could say some stuff about him but ill keep it to myself..........

every 1 forgets b.joyce.........m.allen from melton looks the goods see how he goes come the end of the year..........

McGainforSthafrica;322470 said:

pritchard.........good player but not in the sheeds class.........goldsmith.......mmmmmmmmmmm gee i could say some stuff about him but ill keep it to myself..........

every 1 forgets b.joyce.........m.allen from melton looks the goods see how he goes come the end of the year..........

Young Willi Lad;322471 said:

are you serious ywl...........?

beshara stop pulling his pud............has pritchard ever led his team to a grand final..............?

he's 2 more sean ayres and marc harrison.............id have them before pritchard and beshara............

Young Willi Lad;322471 said:

beshara stop pulling his pud............has pritchard ever led his team to a grand final..............?

he's 2 more sean ayres and marc harrison.............id have them before pritchard and beshara............

1st and 2nds shouldnt have been called off today, players should be fit enough.... plus there us plenty of wind around keeps the playing coditions tolerable.
I agree with the 3rds and 4ths being called off though.

Topic for discussion.... most overated and underated players in subbies at the moment.
Mine...
Overated - Pritchard from Caulfield
Underated - Christansen from Elsternwick... opens the batting, smokes it through the leg side. The ranga man has struggled a bit lately but had a ripping first half of the season and will make a massive score before seasons end, ill put my house on it.

1st and 2nds shouldnt have been called off today, players should be fit enough.... plus there us plenty of wind around keeps the playing coditions tolerable.

Topic for discussion.... most overated and underated players in subbies at the moment.
Mine...
Underated - Christansen from Elsternwick... opens the batting, smokes it through the leg side. The ranga man has struggled a bit lately but had a ripping first half of the season and will make a massive score before seasons end, ill put my house on it.

Whippet;322504 said:

Mine...

fit enough...........????hahaha

where are the wicks on the ladder???

Whippet;322504 said:

Mine...

weapons05/06;322506 said:

Elsternwick are mid table in the firsts... lost a fair few close games before christmas which didnt help.... but the club is right up there in the club championship.

weapons05/06;322506 said:

Elsternwick are mid table in the firsts... lost a fair few close games before christmas which didnt help.... but the club is right up there in the club championship.

weapons05/06;322478 said:

Yes mate i am serious.
Stats speak for themselves.
Pritchard 325 runs @ 40.6 and 21 wickets at 17.7.
Beshara 250 runs @ 35.7 and 31 wickets at 11.7
Compared with:
Ayres 148 runs @ 16.4 and 11 wickets at 31.8.
Harrison 177 runs @ 17.7 and 13 wickets at 28.8.

Those stats speak for themselves, and yes i am aware that they are only this years stats but both Pritchard and Beshara have been good players for a long time. Ayres is a quality player but has had a very lean season and is not in the top few players in the comp anymore.

weapons05/06;322478 said:

Yes mate i am serious.
Compared with:

Those stats speak for themselves, and yes i am aware that they are only this years stats but both Pritchard and Beshara have been good players for a long time. Ayres is a quality player but has had a very lean season and is not in the top few players in the comp anymore.

anchorman;322509 said:
So what have you got against goldsmith and shepard weapo?

not much.......1 is a double premiership player.........the other 1 is the captian of the same side..........thats what i look at and ill keep my mouth shut just for the minuite.........

anchorman;322509 said:
So what have you got against goldsmith and shepard weapo?

not much.......1 is a double premiership player.........the other 1 is the captian of the same side..........thats what i look at and ill keep my mouth shut just for the minuite.........

Young Willi Lad;322523 said:
Yes mate i am serious.
Compared with:

yeah they are good stats no doubt.........how many premierships have they won.............?

clearly they play for themselves...........why have melton changed things around so quickily..........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back