goldsmith
bartlett
dalton
pradeep
beshara
pritchard
blake
perera

goood side but everyone seems to be on the farrow band wagon behind the stumps its not 2 say i dont rate him but is there any1 else??

Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Whippet,

u predicted last week that Cam Christansen ("the Golden Boy") from elsternwick had a big 1 in him before season end. he sure did. 93 runs off 43 overs. not to mention his fielding ... sensational. hes taken sum big scalps in the field this year ... craig and bartlett to name a few. hint: dont hit it near this guy. hes dynamite. he has had a ripper year down at the wick seeing him with close to 400 runs which puts him in the top ten batters in the comp. no one deserves it as much as this bloke does. they call him mr elsternwick. he runs the whole show down there: coaches juniors/seniors, video analysis, social, spokesmen ...

most underated player: adam fraine. had a superb second half season last year and has been consistent this season in all areas. good allround cricketer: very solid bat and very impressive left arm orthodox. loves to hit inside out over extra cover ala kevin peterson. puts Paul harris to shame with his vetori's. master of variety: flight, trajectory, change of pace. underestimate him at ur peril. the general is a wizard. has been mvp with ball 3 times this season. needs a big innings with the bat to finish of a stellar season.

shimell: this guy has talent, only 20, but bowls with genuine pace that skids on to the bat ala binga lee and doesnt mind the odd short one. watch for his new slower ball. 1 victim already. superb athlete, who moves across the ground like a whippet. spent a season in uk in 2008 and has come back a quality (fearnly) bat. on drives beautifully, his money shot is a true master class. dangerous at 10 or 11. waiting for his breakthrough innings. could be round 12. premier clubs are about to pounce. weakness: needs a mean streak. unfortunately he had the mullet clipped during the week.

finals prediction: caulfield. no surprise there. this outfit is a class above in all areas. they play in a different league. class batters all the way down, disciplined bowlers not giving an inch, and sensational in the field.

Whippet,

u predicted last week that Cam Christansen ("the Golden Boy") from elsternwick had a big 1 in him before season end. he sure did. 93 runs off 43 overs. not to mention his fielding ... sensational. hes taken sum big scalps in the field this year ... craig and bartlett to name a few. hint: dont hit it near this guy. hes dynamite. he has had a ripper year down at the wick seeing him with close to 400 runs which puts him in the top ten batters in the comp. no one deserves it as much as this bloke does. they call him mr elsternwick. he runs the whole show down there: coaches juniors/seniors, video analysis, social, spokesmen ...

most underated player: adam fraine. had a superb second half season last year and has been consistent this season in all areas. good allround cricketer: very solid bat and very impressive left arm orthodox. loves to hit inside out over extra cover ala kevin peterson. puts Paul harris to shame with his vetori's. master of variety: flight, trajectory, change of pace. underestimate him at ur peril. the general is a wizard. has been mvp with ball 3 times this season. needs a big innings with the bat to finish of a stellar season.

shimell: this guy has talent, only 20, but bowls with genuine pace that skids on to the bat ala binga lee and doesnt mind the odd short one. watch for his new slower ball. 1 victim already. superb athlete, who moves across the ground like a whippet. spent a season in uk in 2008 and has come back a quality (fearnly) bat. on drives beautifully, his money shot is a true master class. dangerous at 10 or 11. waiting for his breakthrough innings. could be round 12. premier clubs are about to pounce. weakness: needs a mean streak. unfortunately he had the mullet clipped during the week.

finals prediction: caulfield. no surprise there. this outfit is a class above in all areas. they play in a different league. class batters all the way down, disciplined bowlers not giving an inch, and sensational in the field.

1sts willy 9/270 odd the score would have looked better 4 or 5 for 300+
sheedy 88
sandars 61

2nds ivanhoe 241 v willy 0/19
freeman wow 6 fa from 28 overs ywl is this correct.........?if true on fire the freeze

any 1 else

sheedy 88
sandars 61

freeman wow 6 fa from 28 overs ywl is this correct.........?if true on fire the freeze

any 1 else

Brighton already 1st innings points against Ormond in 1st's, 2nd's and 3rd's.. Has that happened before? 4th's playing today. Game however still very much alive in 1's after sporting declaration.

Brighton already 1st innings points against Ormond in 1st's, 2nd's and 3rd's.. Has that happened before? 4th's playing today. Game however still very much alive in 1's after sporting declaration.

gleenbutts_10;327634 said:
goood side but everyone seems to be on the farrow band wagon behind the stumps its not 2 say i dont rate him but is there any1 else??

farrow in on batting, carter or kremer in on keeping

gleenbutts_10;327634 said:

farrow in on batting, carter or kremer in on keeping

Dont reckon ormond have done you boys any favours anchor,from my understanding wasnt that much of a sporting declaration at all bright boy .seriously under the pump with beshara bowling pies of 3 steps....might be interesting next week if he can get himself fit.reverse outright maybe......sounds like there might be some wheeling and dealing next week

Dont reckon ormond have done you boys any favours anchor,from my understanding wasnt that much of a sporting declaration at all bright boy .seriously under the pump with beshara bowling pies of 3 steps....might be interesting next week if he can get himself fit.reverse outright maybe......sounds like there might be some wheeling and dealing next week

weapons05/06;327898 said:
sheedy 88
sandars 61

any 1 else

Yes it is true.
Yeh and you right about the ones but 277 on an "average" deck apparently is a good total.
Very weird day in the 2s.
We started off well and had Ivanhoe 5fa 150 at tea. Freeza had 4 and Nick Rainone 1 (with medium pace) not spin, lol wtf?
Then a good partnership was ended by a leg side delivery and the batsmen tried to pull it and fell out of his crease onto the pitch and was "stumped". Then another great partnership at the end of about 60 for the 9th wicket with some big hitting.
Ivanhoe all out for 244, we are 0/19 off 9 overs in reply.
Set up for a good day 2. Finals on the line.

It was interesting to see how many games have already been won on first innings as brightboy mentioned. Surely the pitches can't be bad at this stage of the season especially with the lack of rain.
Strange day.

weapons05/06;327898 said:
sheedy 88
sandars 61

any 1 else

Yes it is true.
Yeh and you right about the ones but 277 on an "average" deck apparently is a good total.
We started off well and had Ivanhoe 5fa 150 at tea. Freeza had 4 and Nick Rainone 1 (with medium pace) not spin, lol wtf?
Then a good partnership was ended by a leg side delivery and the batsmen tried to pull it and fell out of his crease onto the pitch and was "stumped". Then another great partnership at the end of about 60 for the 9th wicket with some big hitting.

It was interesting to see how many games have already been won on first innings as brightboy mentioned. Surely the pitches can't be bad at this stage of the season especially with the lack of rain.
Strange day.

bucket head;327991 said:

setup for an interesting one for sure. suprised he played this week...looked in alot of pain last weekend. we are a game clear of them so a long as we keep winning we don't need to worry about them...

bucket head;327991 said:

setup for an interesting one for sure. suprised he played this week...looked in alot of pain last weekend. we are a game clear of them so a long as we keep winning we don't need to worry about them...

Young Willi Lad;327992 said:
Yes it is true.

Strange day.

i wouldnt say average deck a little bit in it early i sure would have liked to be in there after tea but wasnt to be.......lightening fast sloping out field.......

ywl.......looking through the team in the 2's this week going by the batting line up 240 odd whilst it is a defendable total but i dont think its not going to be enough.........what did their bowlers look like........???

also looking at the ladder out of 10 what are the 2's chances of playing finals.......?

Yes it is true.

Strange day.

i wouldnt say average deck a little bit in it early i sure would have liked to be in there after tea but wasnt to be.......lightening fast sloping out field.......

ywl.......looking through the team in the 2's this week going by the batting line up 240 odd whilst it is a defendable total but i dont think its not going to be enough.........what did their bowlers look like........???

also looking at the ladder out of 10 what are the 2's chances of playing finals.......?

Yes it is true.

Strange day.

Gidday YWL...

Freeza 4 for? Is this Tony Freeman? Gee you wouldn't be able to shut him up would ya?

Yes it is true.

Strange day.

Gidday YWL...

Freeza 4 for? Is this Tony Freeman? Gee you wouldn't be able to shut him up would ya?

Kuna;328786 said:
Gidday YWL...

G'day mate.
Yes Tony Freeman.
He ended up with 6fa.
And he scored 107* the week before so i wouldn't be shutting up if i were him.

Kuna;328786 said:
Gidday YWL...

G'day mate.
Yes Tony Freeman.
He ended up with 6fa.
And he scored 107* the week before so i wouldn't be shutting up if i were him.

weapons05/06;328712 said:

Id say 4 out of 10.
If we win both games and Balwyn or Coburg lose one then we make it.
So we are still a pretty good show condisdering Coburg had 235 scored against them on saturday.
We do have a good long line up.
Frezza and Benny Davis are the keys i would say.
Not having Cam is going to hurt but i'll back us in.
There bowlers looked ok, they opened with a leggie and he bowled alright, as i said it was a very strange day.
263 runs scored on day one we only need 226 on day 2 so looking good.

weapons05/06;328712 said:

Id say 4 out of 10.
If we win both games and Balwyn or Coburg lose one then we make it.
So we are still a pretty good show condisdering Coburg had 235 scored against them on saturday.
We do have a good long line up.
Frezza and Benny Davis are the keys i would say.
Not having Cam is going to hurt but i'll back us in.
There bowlers looked ok, they opened with a leggie and he bowled alright, as i said it was a very strange day.
263 runs scored on day one we only need 226 on day 2 so looking good.

Kuna;328786 said:
Gidday YWL...

Spot on - I reckon Freeza would have been pretty pleased.

Kuna you sound like a Sickaaaarrrr.

Kuna;328786 said:
Gidday YWL...

Spot on - I reckon Freeza would have been pretty pleased.

Kuna you sound like a Sickaaaarrrr.

Freeza another ton today in the dewburners!!!

The man is on fire, what a freak.

May have got brownlow votes - 6 fa and 130 odd :eek: What were the other 21 lazy bastards doing?

Well done Freeze.

May have got brownlow votes - 6 fa and 130 odd :eek: What were the other 21 lazy bastards doing?

Well done Freeze.

tcnthat;330535 said:

Well done Freeze.

yes what a weapon........140 odd with some red ink i think......2's easily did the job just as i thought........his last 3 games 70 odd with 3 wickets........107* with 3 wickets...........140*odd with 6 of the best..........on fire.......

ones had the hoes 6/40 odd in the 1st dig rolled em for 114........every 1 chipped in clem back to his best young cragie did the damage into it.......sheeds the usual.......

hoes second dig 4/80 off 30 overs again every 1 chipped in..........good signs hard to get 20 poles in 1 day......wicket had a tinge of green to it and flattened out as the day went on..........as youd expect..........

hey mad rootah the next little dowwg has got some plums.........look out for him........:eek:

tcnthat;330535 said:

Well done Freeze.

yes what a weapon........140 odd with some red ink i think......2's easily did the job just as i thought........his last 3 games 70 odd with 3 wickets........107* with 3 wickets...........140*odd with 6 of the best..........on fire.......

ones had the hoes 6/40 odd in the 1st dig rolled em for 114........every 1 chipped in clem back to his best young cragie did the damage into it.......sheeds the usual.......

hoes second dig 4/80 off 30 overs again every 1 chipped in..........good signs hard to get 20 poles in 1 day......wicket had a tinge of green to it and flattened out as the day went on..........as youd expect..........

hey mad rootah the next little dowwg has got some plums.........look out for him........:eek:

weapons05/06;330537 said:

Congratulations mate.
About time you got a boy lol.
Freezer 133 but out. Freak, he actually walked too when he went out so he must have been satisfied lol.
Hopefully we can keep him for next week because we need him.
Willy 2's on fire but we could still miss the finals, last two games 5/573 on the scoreboard. Even the cockroach got some runs this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back