Swimming

Here is my pool Jessica.

false alarm as pics still not uploading. Admin is on the job and hopes to have problem sorted soon.

That'll be nice to see your pool. I've never seen a house with a pool here, it's the local council swimming baths for us. I have swam in the River Dee a few times though, there was a group of us, we took a quick dip one really hot day a few years ago.
Here is my pool Jessica.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
That is stunning Richie, do you swim in it often? Do most people in Australia have swimming pools?
Thanks Jessica. My pool was not as clear as in pic as a year ago a palm tree (out of picture) dropped tonnes of seeds and debris into it after a ferocious summer storm. That and a deal of soil and mud.. It was one heck of a job to bring it back to this state. I don swim in it that often .. mainly to cool off on sweltering days. At a wild quess I'd say 1 in 2 Aussies homes have a swimming pool.

Last edited:
Thanks Jessica. Not that way a year ago as a palm tree (out of picture) dropped tonnes of seeds and debris into it after a ferocious summer storm. That and a deal of soil and mud.. It was one heck of a job to bring it back to this state. I don swim in it that often .. mainly to cool off on sweltering days. At a wild quess I'd say 1 in 2 Aussies homes have a swimming.
I'd love a swimming pool, but with our weather it would be out of use for most of the year. Our summers can be hot, we had a heatwave this summer, but it never lasts, our winters can be harsh, I've literally been snowbound in a cottage one winter, the snow and ice was so bad that if we had to go out we would wrap up and wear boots and trudge through snow as deep as 3ft in some places.☃️

I'd love a swimming pool, but with our weather it would be out of use for most of the year. Our summers can be hot, we had a heatwave this summer, but it never lasts, our winters can be harsh, I've literally been snowbound in a cottage one winter, the snow and ice was so bad that if we had to go out we would wrap up and wear boots and trudge through snow as deep as 3ft in some places.☃
UK/Europe summers are getting warmer. You also had a heatwave two summers back. Can you believe that even our summers are getting warmer too and I already live on one of the driest continents on the planet. During our Black Summer fires Sydney temps topped 40C regularly.

Unfortunately I don't Jessica... as I've said to Richie before have far too many trees in the backyard so would be constantly scooping leaves out of the pool.

Top pic of your pool Richie :thumbsu:
With beaches like your beaches Mal you don't really need a pool.
I'd love an indoor pool, and a big fancy mansion to go with it 🙂

Thomas your man Lukas Martens is taking part in the just started World Swimming Championships in Budapest, Hungary. The 20 year old put on a good show too just behind the Aussie winner of the 400m free Elijah Winnington. This is redemption for the 22 year old Winnington after a disappointing Tokyo Olympic campaign.
looker-on
Jessica these world champs are a good hit out for when England and Australia clash in a round a month in Birmingham.

Jessica

Last edited:
My brother built a heated pool at their place recently, probably about 7 x 3m. Forgot the amount now but cost some ridiculous amount of money.

Thomas your man Lukas Martens is taking part in the just started World Swimming Championships in Budapest, Hungary. The 20 year old put on a good show too just behind the Aussie winner of the 400m free Elijah Winnington. This is redemption for the 22 year old Winnington after a disappointing Tokyo Olympic campaign.
looker-on
Jessica these world champs are a good hit out for when England and Australia clash in a round a month in Birmingham.

Jessica
Kram81 Kram81 moving this post to new Competitive Swimming thread.

It's not even that long until the next Olympics given the last ones were a year late.
Yep '24 Paris.

If you wanna watch the Aussie swimming free then join 9Now. This will show those multi national streamers that hide lower profile Aussie sports behind a paywall. National Aged Champs start today. National Opens in two weeks.

Back