The corridor of uncertainty

Jathu

The corridor of uncertainty

How are you supposed to handle a ball which lies in the corridor of uncertainty? What would be the best shot to play at the ball?

Re: The corridor of uncertainty

If you take guard on middle stump when you bat, anything outside of your eyeline is wide off the off stump. Its just up to you to decide if you need to play or not. Don't leave anything too close as it may cut back and bowl you. Its just a guide to know where your off stump is.

Hope that helps you.

I actualy had a problem with leaving the wrong bowl, and sometimes getting myself bowled, i used to take guard at middle stump but lately ive chosen to bat outside legstump and take a step across the stumps and it seems to be helping me choose the correct bowl to leave now.:eek: but it does increase the LBW chance.

roxy09;309129 said:
I actualy had a problem with leaving the wrong bowl, and sometimes getting myself bowled, i used to take guard at middle stump but lately ive chosen to bat outside legstump and take a step across the stumps and it seems to be helping me choose the correct bowl to leave now.:eek: but it does increase the LBW chance.

I do the same. Just be sure to make sure you can get your bat in there or you have quick feet to avoid getting out LBW.

If you take gaurd on off stump and you are playing on syntho or the like and a ball is in the corridor I leave it as it will take a good bowler to cut it back and bowl you.

I used to have a similar problem playing the ball in corridor of uncertainty. What I did was shuffled a bit across my stumps. Which obviously meant that the ball is coming straight to me. So I would advice you if you can shuffle a bit across. Don't shuffle much otherwise you are a candidate of getting out LBW.

if your getting your head inline and over the top off the ball then you eliminate any uncertainty!

Unless the guy is bowling boomerangs!

Back