The Cover Drive

Simbazz

The Cover Drive

This is kinda a thread i post a lot of, a picture to start :D

81958.jpg

I mean, c'mon, is that cover drive played any better than Kallis does? With the exception of Ricky Ponting and possibly Vaughan?

Re: The Cover Drive

Hussey, believe it or not doesnt have any pictures of him creaming one through the covers, this is all i could summon up, and its a bit back footed, he doesnt look overly stable to me!

55558.jpg

Michael Vaughan is one of the best drivers in the business, and his stance gives him the ability to manouvre the ball anywhere.

78157.jpg

I don't really need to say anything about Ricky Ponting except he's technically sound on most shots.

81196.jpg

Lara's stance and his good foot movement gives his shots more room in the swing. Look here at the picture plenty of room for him to play the shot.

81499.jpg

I still think Kallis is better placed and puts in the better cover drive!

One thing to look at is the where the front foot is pointing, there seems to be two distinct techniques going on, although it would be nice to have the slightly elevated photo for all the players.

Most of them have a fairly straightish position but Lara and Ponting are more angled (although this may be due to making room for themselves).

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
How about Sachin Tendulkar's Cover Drive
Sachin Tendulkar has a very good cover drive too. I think every good batsman plays the cover drive very attractive.

I was just watching England and Monty Panesar has a decent drive for a tail ender. Obviously he's hit and miss but when hit he hits well

Simbazz said:
I was just watching England and Monty Panesar has a decent drive for a tail ender. Obviously he's hit and miss but when hit he hits well
lol of all the tailenders monty panesar. im sure you could find a better example.

Simbazz said:
Hussey, believe it or not doesnt have any pictures of him creaming one through the covers, this is all i could summon up, and its a bit back footed, he doesnt look overly stable to me!

There was one in an inside cricket issue, they based the Cover drive shot on how he plays it.

Hussey is good at the cover drive, but it isn't pretty, if you want a 100% accurate and 100% pretty shot, Jaques Kallis or M.Vaughan!

Back