The Duckworth Lewis Method

a for effort

The Duckworth Lewis Method

wikipedia said:
The Duckworth Lewis Method is a cricket-inspired Irish pop group formed by Neil Hannon of The Divine Comedy and Thomas Walsh of Pugwash, and is also the title of the group's album, which was released on 3rd July 2009, a timely date which coincided with the 2009 Ashes series. A concept album in keeping with the cricket theme, 12 tracks make up the album, of which one is instrumental. All tracks are, as you would expect, connected to cricket. The album was mixed and recorded in Dublin, and mastered near Lord's, in Abbey Road Studios.
l_f50d941b33a2999e9455c1f4345f07a1.gif

I just finished listening to this and its surprisingly good. A bit cheesy in parts but some of the tunes are genuinely catchy, with some amusing lyrics to boot.

You can listen to snippets of each song at the bands website at:
home | Duckworth Lewis Method

Re: The Duckworth Lewis Method

They've been pushing this on the BBC text commentry for the month or so. Sounds alright but a bit too light weight at places.

hahahahaha and this is what they do for a living?
make up songs about cricket and maths coming together :D

I have to say, these guys are brilliant. They should have their own show; just listening to them talk has me in stitches... just thinking about them brings tears to my eyes. If ever you see them scheduled for an interview, make a point of tuning in.

As for their music; very clever indeed. Reminds me a little of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

Back