The Graeme Smith Incident

Re: The Graeme Smith Incident

eddiesmith;384677 said:
I dont walk because you take the good with the bad and you wont get a reprieve when incorrectly given out

But two wrongs do not make a right and cheating like that is not in the spirit of the game.

eddiesmith;384738 said:
Funniest thing was having a bowler appeal earlier when the same thing happened yet he failed to realise the keeper had dropped it :D

What a typically Australian thing to do - appeal for everything! :D

phil2oo8;384739 said:
Pity they haven't got Bob Willis on commentory, he despises Harper... Watch the videos of him on youtube tearing into harper and tiffin, worth a laugh imo,,, but Harper is a disgrace and i thought the whole point of the elite panel was to keep retards like him at county and state level.

Yep, lets just lay into him because his Australian.

Bashing umpires is so old mate.

Walking always has to be a personal thing. It's interesting, I've always walked at every level, and as a wicketkeeper I only appeal for when I think there's a legitimate question to be asked.

I've been playing up a grade a bit recently, and the other week the captain took me aside for a 'quiet word', because he feels that the mindset is giving the opposition too much of an advantage. Particularly with appeals - if the keeper doesn't go up hard to support the bowler, it doesn't help trying to sell decisions.

I still maintain my perogative, but it's a thorny issue.

Caesar;384986 said:
Walking always has to be a personal thing. It's interesting, I've always walked at every level, and as a wicketkeeper I only appeal for when I think there's a legitimate question to be asked.

I've been playing up a grade a bit recently, and the other week the captain took me aside for a 'quiet word', because he feels that the mindset is giving the opposition too much of an advantage. Particularly with appeals - if the keeper doesn't go up hard to support the bowler, it doesn't help trying to sell decisions.

I still maintain my perogative, but it's a thorny issue.

It's a good way to be that, it improves your cricket as a whole, even your skill level, when you aren't cheating yourself.

Back