The Health Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many meals would you get from a lobster that size Mal, and what would you normally have with it?🦞
You'd certainly get a fair bit of kai {Maori for food} from a big Cray like that one.

You can just eat it how it is, or cut into pieces & dip it in vinegar... have it in a bread roll with herbs & Mayonnaise etc, put in seafood stew, also cook on a barbie.

You'd certainly get a fair bit of kai {Maori for food} from a big Cray like that one.

You can just eat it how it is, or cut into pieces & dip it in vinegar... have it in a bread roll with herbs & Mayonnaise etc, put in seafood stew, also cook on a barbie.
If I come to your place Mal I am expecting that lobbie on the barbie. Looked for a Yum emoji.

You make it sound delicious Mal 😋 if it wasn't for covid I'd be on the next flight to NZ. 😆

This sounds more like a food thread. Why not start one Jessica or Mal.

Last edited:
Bionic Paralysis Breakthrough

Australian researchers from the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health have developed a technology which allows people with upper-limb paralysis and Motor Neurone Disease to perform online tasks using their mind and eye movements.

The secret behind the new technology is a tiny device called The Stentrode which is inserted by the neck's blood vessels and rests next to the brain's motor cortex. The device is inserted without the need for risky open-brain surgery.

The Stentrode uses wireless technology to connect to a computer-based operating system, which converts brain signals into commands to control a computer, with the assistance of an eye tracker.

Researchers hope people with paralysis could eventually control robotic limbs.

Wow this device has the potential to improve the lifestyle of thousands of people afflicted with debilitating paralysis and MND world wide. Fantastic research.

That's outstanding technology Richie - also great the devise can be inserted without risky open brain surgery... in any type of open surgery there's always a big risk of infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back