The Lounge 2

Good news is the England Cricket Board has caved in and will send a team to the Ashes. Evidently the clincher was not calling off the Boxing Day Melbourne Test and by housing the England players at a rural resort in the wine producing region of Victoria State with wives/family/partners permitted to join them.

It has been revealed that Australia touring England in September last saved the ECB from losing many hundreds of millions of dollars in lost broadcast revenue. Our Cricket Australia were also looking at a $200m financial black hole had England pulled out of the Ashes. So it turns out that had they cancelled, that amounted to a huge act of hypocrisy. I believe that was also part of the reason the ECB backed down.

Personally visiting Victoria State this may not be the safest thing to do as it is having a huge surge in Covid cases and is again in full lockdown. The Ashes tho are still two months off..so things may have changed by then. If we were planning to holiday interstate at this time Victoia is the last place we'd choose.

HGV driver shortage. Jessica explain how things got so bad over in the UK. This is a prime example of the mess.

Last edited:
HGV driver shortage. Jessica explain how things go so bad over in the UK. This is a prime example of the mess.
This is due to a mix of reasons caused by Brexit and Corona such as a large number of truck drivers who had to leave the country and won't return because of bad working conditions, low pay that's not even attractive to East European workers, visa limited in time and number. Many driving tests had to be postponed. All that has led to a shortage of petrol and supermarket supplies.
And that's why Jessica has been so busy recently so that we haven't seen much of her. 😛

This is due to a mix of reasons caused by Brexit and Corona such as a large number of truck drivers who had to leave the country and won't return because of bad working conditions, low pay that's not even attractive to East European workers, visa limited in time and number. Many driving tests had to be postponed. All that has led to a shortage of petrol and supermarket supplies.
And that's why Jessica has been so busy recently so that we haven't seen much of her.

Hope she's not stressing too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent today doing stuff at home then going out to do my shopping.
It was busy. School traffic played a part in it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you tune into the one off Test v India last week Sooz. And do you approve of adding more Tests to the female game. I presume with a name like Sooz you are female too.

Last edited:
Pain in the backside this morning with my mower not starting. Grass has been getting a touch overgrown and with my regular mowing man stuck in lockdown I was forced to drag out the old, heavy thing and wheel it up to the front lawn. I expect my neibors had a chuckle watching me struggling to rev up the machine. One actually took pity on me and kindly offered me his own mower.

Last edited:
Hi to all of you,:)

Life has been pretty hectic recently.
Had a car breakdown, the first one in my life. Luckily, the weather was fine, we found a safe place to wait for the towing service which arrived an hour later. We took a taxi home then. It'll take ten week before we get the refund of the costs. The car was taken to our repair shop and we could pick it up two days later. One week before the breakdown we'd had the car serviced for $500 and now we had to pay another $400 for the clutch cable.
That's the one that let me down:
5qs2a3o4rdb.jpg

Then I fell down while jogging and bruised myself on the face and body but didn't fracture anything.

Yesterday when I was taking Sari for a walk with her being without leash, all of a sudden a buffalo was rushing towards us only stopping at a fence which I thought was a joke anyway. Too late for Sari, though, who bolted and couldn't be stopped. She ran all the way back to our home which must have been two miles. When we finally arrived home she was sitting in front of the gate barking to be let in. Stupid because we could never have been faster than her because we spent time on that spot calling her name hoping she'd show up before we finally went back home but tell that to a dog.
The biggest miracle and relief was that she didn't cause an accident with all those speeding cyclists, inline skaters on that narrow trail, and also cars nearer our home. I don't want to imagine what could have happened. People might have ended up in a wheel-chair because of her with us having to pay for them for the rest of their life. I do thank my lucky stars.
That's the one that almost caused us a lot of real trouble scaring us all to death. Just look at the fence. It really is beyond me why it can make him stop but it did.
t2k42opt0bi.jpg

We are enjoying some lovely days of Indian Summer that is setting in. I love that season. Do you?
Please meet my wife Katy. We went to the beach today.
zqzug013tzu.jpg
A buffalo 😦
Who does it belong to?

Glad you aren't too badly injured 🤗
Your wife looks nice, reckon she dipped her tootsies into that water straight after having her pic taken 😆

A buffalo 😦
Who does it belong to?

Glad you aren't too badly injured 🤗
Your wife looks nice, reckon she dipped her tootsies into that water straight after having her pic taken 😆

The buffaloes (there are several) tell you something about where I live which is on the outskirts of a larger town by a lake. Around the lake there are several preserves for deer, buffaloes, musk oxen, and sheep. I don't know who they belong to, actually. I've seen the shepherds attending to the sheep but no one else.
ziv0y0v22gj.jpg

kjrvk3135sk.jpg

Can't do any jogging yet. 😞 Have to take the bike instead.
Thanks, Jessica. I can't remember why she had taken off her sandals. She might have literally tested the water before it was taken. She goes bathing far more often than I do.

Australia will spend $A50m. on the building of a lunar rover in a new deal struck with NASA for a future mission to the Moon.
The semi-autonomous rover will collect lunar soil that contains oxides, and using separate equipment, NASA will aim to extract oxygen from the soil. The Australian Government says its Trailblazer Space Program is a key step towards establishing a sustainable human presence on the Moon and even supporting future missions to Mars.
1634081678105.png

An artist impression of the Australian-made lunar rover.

This came as a bit of a shock I must admit.
I figured Australia was only a tiny fish in the 'space race' pond.

Last edited:
Australia will spend $A50m. on the building of a lunar rover in a new deal struck with NASA for a future mission to the Moon.
The semi-autonomous rover will collect lunar soil that contains oxides, and using separate equipment, NASA will aim to extract oxygen from the soil. The Australian Government says its Trailblazer Space Program is a key step towards establishing a sustainable human presence on the Moon and even supporting future missions to Mars.
View attachment 1281

An artist impression of the Australian-made lunar rover.

This came as a bit of a shock I must admit.
I figured Australia was only a small fish in the 'space race'.
Sounds interesting. I've always been interested in planets and outer space.
William Shatner went up to space recently, only to be criticised by Prince William with his 'save the planet' speech, yet he flies on planes as often as I book a coach trip 😆

Back