The Lounge

In fact, I was away the whole day on Thursday and left the robo to itself. Heard no complaints from neighbours... So it can behave itself. :D Its capabilities are limited. All that can happen is that it gets stuck somewhere and doesn't reach its port anymore. Then I'll lend it a hand.
The interesting bit is Sari trying to build a relationship with this moving and silent invader. Sometimes she ignores it completely and then again starts barking at it posing like a real killer before retracting again because the robo doesn't react at all and stubbornly keeps doing its job. Very funny.🤗
Sari sounds hilarious 😆
My dog used to do the same with the vacuum cleaner, I used to chase him with the hose and he'd go absolutely bonkers 😄
Your robot sounds great, I have a friend who loves gadgets, he's a photographer by trade and has all the latest gadgets and gizmos 🤗

Ok Thomas 10 questions for you.

In Peter Pan what were the names of Wendy’s brothers? 🤔

What was unique about all the men’s foil winners 1952 Olympics? 🤔

Who are Jacques Dubochet, Joachim Frank and Richard Henderson? 🤔

In computing what was the first iron bed? 🤔

Bunny Austin was first British male to do what at Wimbledon in 1933 🤔

In what stage show does Frank N Furter appear in The Rocky Horror Picture Show 🤔

What is Tesco’s motto 🤔

What’s the world’s longest rail journey with no train change
A transcontinental journey offered by Amtrak?

Who invented the rocking chair? 🤔

Where would you find a gemshorn?
In hunting?

Which acid has the smallest molecules of all the alpha-hydroxy acids? 🤔

. What was first built in the Place de Greve (France) in 1792?
The statue of Liberty?
Thanks, Richie but I think you've got me there. Very tough ones. I'm not even sure about the three wild guesses...😵

Silly me.. posted in wrong thread. I will now answer from here as I have deleted the other questions on quiz thread.

Yes not easy ones but you are an intelligent man Thomas. I will answer those you have the icon on but have another guess at the others.

A more recent one. These kinds of droughts had been unknown throughout my life. Definitely a result of climate change as are heavy thunderstorms and even tornados.
Not even heavy thunderstorms.. That is odd. We have thunderstorms constantly in summer. Tornados I can fathom

Last edited:
Germany is loosening restrictions while transmission of the delta variant is on the rise. Will this undo everything that has been accomplished? Many people are still unvaxed, and vaxed people expect privileges.

Not sensible policy Thomas. UK doing the same. We are remaining in lockdown for the next week with restrictions expected to remain for several months .

Germany is loosening restrictions while transmission of the delta variant is on the rise. Will this undo everything that has been accomplished? Many people are still unvaxed, and vaxed people expect privileges.

Not sensible policy Thomas. UK doing the same. We are remaining in lockdown for the next week with restrictions expected to remain for several months .
No, it's not. But there's being enormous pressure from the people to go back to normal. Perhaps you haven't been in lockdown long enough. If it lasts longer and is repeated, you will see that people are losing patience. After a hard autumn and winter all that people are interested in seems to be enjoying summer, holidays, parties, and what is commonly understood by a normal life, i.e., pre-pandemic life.
Germany is likely to miss the chance again of preparing itself, esp. the schools, for the fourth wave expected in September/Oct. Ventilation system worth 1 billion Euros have been bought but will probably not be installed by then due to a lack of time. Everybody pins their hopes on the vaccination progress. 40% have now been vaccinated twice but 85% are needed and now there's growing resistance against vaccinations. And then there's bad news coming from Israel that the vaccines' protection against the Delta variant is lower than expected but still relatively good and way better than nothing.
At the moment our incidence rate is at about 5 but rising again. Our situation is, however, not comparable to that of the UK with about 30,000 infections per day while we're having 900. Inviting 65,000 spectators to the Euro2020 as in Wembley would have been out of the question in Germany.

Inviting 65,000 spectators to the Euro2020 as in Wembley
How stupid. Now watch UK cases skyrocket. Japan saw fit to ban spectators from all Tokyo stadiums for the world's largest sporting event. Now that is sensible as the athletes will feel safer and perform better I expect. I can understand people are stir crazy from constant lockdown and wanna do normal things again. But hey smell the daisies folks.. the Covid death toll has just exceeded that of the 1918 Spanish Flu. So compare medical technology of today with then making todays toll possibly double.

Last edited:
How stupid. Now watch UK cases skyrocket. Japan saw fit to ban spectators from all Tokyo stadiums for the world's largest sporting event. Now that is sensible as the athletes will feel safer and perform better I expect. I can understand people are stir crazy from constant lockdown and wanna do normal things again. But hey smell the daisies folks.. the Covid death toll has just exceeded that of the 1918 Spanish Flu. So compare medical technology of today with then making todays toll possibly double.
Well said Richie 🤗
All sports should be held behind closed doors.

Our mornings and evenings are starting to draw in, time to get my central heating serviced before autumn.
Oh Jessica I feel for you girl having such a terrible summer. Hope it improves for the remainder. We are having an unusually cold winter. Find I am having to warm my room most nites.

Thomas had a chuckle when I read this on DW website this morning.

"Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, herzlich willkommen an Bord" and its English translation, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board," will soon be things of the past on Lufthansa flights as the German flag carrier plans to use gender-neutral language.

Oh please!

Thomas had a chuckle when I read this on DW website this morning.

"Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren, herzlich willkommen an Bord" and its English translation, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board," will soon be things of the past on Lufthansa flights as the German flag carrier plans to use gender-neutral language.

Oh please!
Which will include its subsidiaries Austrian, Swiss, Eurowings und Brussels Airlines as well. Yeah, we can't stop that development,can we. So, passengers will just hear "Welcome on board" or "Good morning/evening".
Didn't your fellow countryman Barry Humphries as "Dame Edna" suggest addressing people as "Hello possums" to keep it gender-neutral?

Last edited:
Which will include its subsidiaries Austrian, Swiss, Eurowings und Brussels Airlines as well. Yeah, we can't stop that development,can wee. So, passengers will just hear "Welcome on board" or "Good morning/evening".
Didn't your fellow countryman Barry Humphries as "Dame Edna" suggest addressing people as "Hello possums" to keep it gender-neutral?
So impersonal. Those pushing wokeness are aiming to turn us all into subservient robots.
Was there such a term as gender/neutral back when Humphries began using that greeting.. the seventies I think it was.

Thomas terrible news about your deadly flooding. A months worth of rain in 48hrs I am hearing WOW. That is like something we have annually in our tropical North during the cyclone season.

Thomas terrible news about your deadly flooding. A months worth of rain in 48hrs I am hearing WOW. That is like something we have annually in our tropical North during the cyclone season.
Yes, a catastrophy with more than 100 people killed and the number still rising. Will take years to rebuild everything.

Back