The new beginning...

The new beginning...

Ok ladies and gents I've got the right idea here.

Think IPL. Think player bidding. Think a salary cap. Think it would be interesting to see what players are worth!

Every 2 or 3 seasons (me thinks 3), we have a new bidding sesh (LJP will bring the hash brownies and super cookies).

We have 18 keen lads here (if there are any ladies please bitch slap me and I'll say I'm sorry) and this means we should be able to create 2 teams.

Now heres the hard bit. We are going to tell the World XI to get stuffed and they can play someone else. A big part of the enjoyment in this is the banter. This means, no more playing sides that don't talk back to our sledges.

Therefore, everyone who is involved here has to get off their hiney and talk to mates, pets, family and strangers and tell them to sign on and get involved! I don't care if you see the guy who rooted your girlfriend in the supermarket. Tell him about big cricket. Then punch him in the face.

If we can have 4 sides going within the next 4 months it will be fantastic. We should look to have a long term view of 8 sides.

There shall be nooo SoO. Nooo Tests. Nooo Bonus points and nooo sooking about who is simming games.

Star players from each season will be put into a team of the season thread. Awards will be won. Bragging rights will be held.

It will be enjoyable.

Trust me.

Re: The new beginning...

Good work ONB. I'm a little skeptical about the whole salary cap thing, I'm not sure if that is the way to go.

We have 19 players at this point, so that's almost have enough for two teams.

There are still a lot of things to be sorted out at this point so everyone's opinion is very welcome. However, like ONB has said, promotion is the thing we need at this point. We've accumulated almost two teams worth of players but we'll need to double that to get a competition started. Anyone who is keen for a game, willing to stay long-term and help the site grow are encouraged to join.

Ljp86;220433 said:
Good work ONB. I'm a little skeptical about the whole salary cap thing, I'm not sure if that is the way to go.

Your just scared at the fact I'll go for a higher price than you ;)

Would this be a hybrid game of the BCFCL?? If so I'm up for it.

If we've got 4 teams I propose one from each major cricketing continent, something like this;

The Carribean Choofheads (Windies)
Kenya Killers (Africa)
Bangladesh Bombers (Asia)
The South Swans (Australia) :D

Good stuff ONB

So basically it will be a bigcricket one-day arena? No test matches at all?

While one-dayers are over quick and can move on, test matches are enjoyable.

Could possibly have an IPL one-dayers, IPL 25 overs and an IPL test match season all in the one year, following each other?

Guru™;220441 said:
Good stuff ONB

So basically it will be a bigcricket one-day arena? No test matches at all?

While one-dayers are over quick and can move on, test matches are enjoyable.

Could possibly have an IPL one-dayers, IPL 25 overs and an IPL test match season all in the one year, following each other?

For starters it should be a 5 game one day series and 3 Tests. We are only allowed 1 25/twentyfive game a season. Teams going on tour.

When we get more teams we look at broadening the schedule.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;220443 said:
For starters it should be a 5 game one day series and 3 Tests. We are only allowed 1 25/twentyfive game a season. Teams going on tour.

When we get more teams we look at broadening the schedule.

I like @|

I like the idea of having a salary cap, and the more expensive players are the ones that post the most. This will mean two things:

a)Players will post more often to try and entice a high salary, because we could make it the aim of the game to try and earn as much in your career as you can

and b) It should prevent the league from having say 2 really good posting teams and 2 shit ones, because you wouldn't be able to afford all the good posters in one side (Unless they choose to play for cheaper)

carn tigez;220452 said:
I like the idea of having a salary cap, and the more expensive players are the ones that post the most. This will mean two things:

a)Players will post more often to try and entice a high salary, because we could make it the aim of the game to try and earn as much in your career as you can

and b) It should prevent the league from having say 2 really good posting teams and 2 shit ones, because you wouldn't be able to afford all the good posters in one side (Unless they choose to play for cheaper)

Exactly Dr. Watson.

No player is worth a certain amount. Its up to the captains to deem what they are worth. Heck, some blokes may only be worth 2 hamburger wrappers and a few expired buscards.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;220488 said:
Exactly Dr. Watson.

No player is worth a certain amount. Its up to the captains to deem what they are worth. Heck, some blokes may only be worth 2 hamburger wrappers and a few expired buscards.

The old Figjams side was pretty cheap then.

Back