The World WORST test team of the decade.

SteveyD

The World WORST test team of the decade.

For a bit of a laugh i decided to create this thread.
Basically the idea is the same as the other threads however you have to pick a team of 11 of the worst players.
Several rules apply :

1) Test Nations National Teams only. Because we could all pick players from say a russian team (I dont know if there is one, but you get the point)
2) They must have featured for their country at least twice. And by featured I mean actually played instead of being 12th Man etc Basically use some common sense here.

3) Team should consist of

#1 Opener
#2 Opener
#3 Batsman
#4 Batsman
#5 Batsman
#6 All rounder
#7 Pace Bowler
#8 Pace Bowler
#9 Spinner
#10 Spinner
#11 Wicket Keeper
Not necessarily batting in that order obviously.

Lets see some fun ideas.

Ps this is not to be used to bash other countries, ie australians picking an entire england team :p

Re: The World WORST test team of the decade.

My personal favourite, Mohammad Sami for a pace spot. 34 tests and average of over 50 - with the ball! Plus he holds the record for most balls bowled in a one day over at 17 (seven wides and four no balls).

Second pick is Ashraful for a batting spot. Think the guy is talented but something, somewhere went wrong.

Bangladesh and Zimbabwe excluded for being total rubbish.

#1 A Cook
#2 N Mckenzie
#3 F Marouf
#4 J Muburak
#5 J Ormond
#6 D Sammi
#7 T Best
#8 S Mahmoud
#9 N Kulkani
#10 B Hogg
#11M Prasad
Not necessarily batting in that order obviously.

Just a thought.

Really, you can't find a worse opener than Cook? Someone who averages a shade under 45 from 54 matches with 12 centuries? I'll concede that his average is poor against Australia but he's not the only one. Not to mention that only one player has reached 4000 runs at a younger age, a certain Sachin Tendulkar (and no, before you and LtD jump on me I'm not comparing him to Tendulkar, just stating a fact).

Factor in his age - he's still probably 2-4 years away from the traditional peak years of a batsman, with the above and I think you're picking due to nationality rather than ability.

There are worse than cook but i don't rate him at all. I think the problem here is that you could name a completely unknown side who would be the "worst" and I have in some respect gone for dissppointing players. I will grant you that that is not universally true of the side I selected, and am staggered that I have missed New Zealand entirely, but consider my opinion as just that.

I hold no special prejudice against the english, and certainly not their cricket team. After all I enjoy nothing better than competivie series, and look forward to the resumption of hostilities. That said, to infer that I feel hostility toward them is fanciful, rather enjoy the contest.

None the less have at my selections as you will and in my defense I desperately tried to include more Australians but so many possibilities in the last decade only played 1 test (read Cassin, McGain...)

Perhaps we need (in line with the bowler thread ) the most overated or underperforming or dissappointing test XI.

mas cambios;397624 said:
Really, you can't find a worse opener than Cook? Someone who averages a shade under 45 from 54 matches with 12 centuries? I'll concede that his average is poor against Australia but he's not the only one. Not to mention that only one player has reached 4000 runs at a younger age, a certain Sachin Tendulkar (and no, before you and LtD jump on me I'm not comparing him to Tendulkar, just stating a fact).

Factor in his age - he's still probably 2-4 years away from the traditional peak years of a batsman, with the above and I think you're picking due to nationality rather than ability.

It didn't take long did it :D :D :D

Thumbs up;397626 said:
There are worse than cook but i don't rate him at all. I think the problem here is that you could name a completely unknown side who would be the "worst" and I have in some respect gone for dissppointing players. I will grant you that that is not universally true of the side I selected, and am staggered that I have missed New Zealand entirely, but consider my opinion as just that.

I hold no special prejudice against the english, and certainly not their cricket team. After all I enjoy nothing better than competivie series, and look forward to the resumption of hostilities. That said, to infer that I feel hostility toward them is fanciful, rather enjoy the contest.

None the less have at my selections as you will and in my defense I desperately tried to include more Australians but so many possibilities in the last decade only played 1 test (read Cassin, McGain...)

Perhaps we need (in line with the bowler thread ) the most overated or underperforming or dissappointing test XI.
I think your lineup pretty much says what I intended, thats why i tried to put some more stringent requirements on the selection. I havn't worked mine out yet but i think Saj Mahmood is definately around it somewhere

GB Hogg shouldn't count. He was only a fill in for injuries essentially. Always a good ODI player but only played when warne or SCG were injured. Still he saved an innings with the bat.

His bowling figures aren't too good.

Then again it's not easy for a spinner to come into a test team for 1 match.

#1 Saleem Elahi
#2 Imrul Kayes
#3 Hamish Marshall
#4 Mohammad Ashraful
#5 Jamie How
#6 Struggling to find an all-rounder
#7 Mohammad Sami
#8 Ajit Agarkar
#9 Ian Salisbury
#10 Tapash Baisya
#11 Chris Read

Thumbs up;397959 said:
He's Hardly Roinson Crusoe there but the category was set at 2 games (why?).

I would think that's because if McGain bowled on he would have had reasonable figures one would think. He's far from a pie chucker.

You can't really analyse a player from one game. McGain's one game makes him one of the worst bowlers ever statistically, when we all know that he's better than that.

Thumbs up;397959 said:
He's Hardly Roinson Crusoe there but the category was set at 2 games (why?).

Basically because you could have people like that who have played 1 game, such as Jon Lewis or tredwell for england

Bad conditions but more a candidate for worst selection of the decade rather than worst spinner to play.

SteveyD;397978 said:
Basically because you could have people like that who have played 1 game, such as Jon Lewis or tredwell for england

You could have a heap of the greats in there for a bad first game. Some people just don't get a second chance. Then there are others who have a decent first match and never play another test.

The criteria should really be five tests minimum. I would go for ten.

Back