Thoughts on Moises Henriques??

petersiddle09

Thoughts on Moises Henriques??

Hey. I am a NewSouthWales supporter, just wondering what are your thoughs on ''moey''?
I think he is a great young player, still need some time to develop sure..
Thoughts

Re: Though's on Moises Henriques??

Big disappointment so far. He was talked up as the next big thing when he was 18-19, now with 20 first-class games under his belt he has a mediocre batting average of 27 and barely passable bowling average of 37. His List A figures are deplorable, with a batting average of 18 and bowling average of 39.

He's obviously got a lot of talent, but he's certainly nowhere near being a star at the current time. Maybe this will be his breakout year.

Talent is obvious, recently started to show a bit of form. As much as he's been talked up, will probably end up like Domenic Thornely; handy allrounder and state veteran but never put it all together to break into the national side. Hope I'm wrong though.

i think he will be around or in the australian side in the next few years. might end up being like hodge/voges/rogers though where he gets lots and lots of runs but not berth in the side.

BabyBlues;355233 said:
Talent is obvious, recently started to show a bit of form. As much as he's been talked up, will probably end up like Domenic Thornely; handy allrounder and state veteran but never put it all together to break into the national side. Hope I'm wrong though.

Sadly this seems more likely the case for this young talented bloke. Will be there or there abouts on the domestic scene, IPL and county scene. However, the love for allrounders the australian selectors have may have him higher than a few others.

i first heard of him in a summary of an Australian Junior Championship (U-15's i think) when they were highlighting non-anglo players and how many were at that championship. a lot of players from that year were being talked about as future stars but, to the best of my memory, only two have actually played for their states so far (Henriques and a WA player whose name escapes me as i write but will inevitably return to me when i hit the post button).
i think that a lot of his problems come from his reaction to everyone's expectations of him. he is not only spoken of as a future star but it seems everytime he gets a mention in the cricket press he is also noted as being a representative of the multicultural impact on the nation and on cricket; plus with the failure of White, Watson and Symonds to cement the all-rounder slot, people are looking at him as the next all-rounder. he has a lot of hopes to live up to, not just his own.

Back