Tips, Drills and Advice: Add an umpires section

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshie91

Tips, Drills and Advice: Add an umpires section

Hi,
Not sure whether or not there is an 'umpire' sections, but i reckon it would be good for those of us who 'run' the game.

Any takers?

Re: Tips, Drills and Advice: Add an umpires section

joshie91;362981 said:
Hi,
Not sure whether or not there is an 'umpire' sections, but i reckon it would be good for those of us who 'run' the game.

Any takers?

What do have in mind?

There is nothing stopping you starting a thread up and seeing how it goes. If it's proves popular then we'll seriously consider creating a forum for it.

My idea was to allow those of us who umpire to chat about laws, decisions we've made based on our interpretations of the laws. Since cricket's laws seems to have a lot of grey-areas, I'm sure there have been altercations between umpires and coaches/captains/players over the years due to these grey-areas.

I've posted a thread about umpiring (having a mental blank as to where I've posted it though:eek:) to see whether or not it will become popular.

EDIT: Boundary chat is where I posted

That would be a great thing to have a cricket umpires board where people can talk about the laws of the game and any dodgey decisions by the umpires.
We would need a cricket ump as a mod though. Don't know who umpires cricket in here.

schwab2clarkson;367401 said:
That would be a great thing to have a cricket umpires board where people can talk about the laws of the game and any dodgey decisions by the umpires.
We would need a cricket ump as a mod though. Don't know who umpires cricket in here.

The umpires decision is always final so probably dont need a thread. Wouldn't mind finding out what some achievements in sport outside umpiring some umps
have though.

cold case;367409 said:
The umpires decision is always final so probably dont need a thread. Wouldn't mind finding out what some achievements in sport outside umpiring some umps
have though.
Not if it's not out..... I am going to go off topic here but I have seen so many players get given out when they haven't even hit the ball. Instead it has hit their shoulder or arm on the way through to the keeper.

Back on topic. I would love to see our questions finally being answered by one of the umpires. That would be awesome.

I've umpired in Adelaide City Grade Cricket and Riverland District as well. I've got a pretty good idea of what is what. I'm about to redo my umpiring course and go through Level 2 coaching. I'm not saying id be a good mod, but i certainly know what I'm talking about. Since the ICC decide to change the laws occasionally, I check the laws quite alot.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Start some threads up in the General Chat area or if it is a specific incident from a match put it in the current series thread.

If more and more people are showing interest a board could be added.

If your proactive Joshie/Pidge/Others we will reward you :)

D.K;367528 said:
Start some threads up in the General Chat area or if it is a specific incident from a match put it in the current series thread.

If more and more people are showing interest a board could be added.

If your proactive Joshie/Pidge/Others we will reward you :)
Cheers for that.

I think we would not only learn from this but it would provide others who can ask questions and it can be answered. :)

Well that didn't last long. I think maybe you, D.K. should put up a thread to discuss having an umpires board. Considering you did ask....

Or maybe we should just discuss it in here.

The point was to create a thread discussing umpiring, not threads discussing an umpiring forum

a for effort;367693 said:
The point was to create a thread discussing umpiring, not threads discussing an umpiring forum
No it wasn't. It was to have an umpiring board added you fool. :mad:

schwab2clarkson;367724 said:
No it wasn't. It was to have an umpiring board added you fool. :mad:

DK said:
I said put up threads relevant to umpiring to promote discussion. Not a thread like this .

-Closed

durrrrr

Also, watch who you call a fool sooz

suzie that language is innappropiate . your treading a fine line

i said for threads to be started to promote umpire discussion not to ask people if they think an umpires board should be added.

D.K;367799 said:
suzie that language is innappropiate . your treading a fine line

i said for threads to be started to promote umpire discussion not to ask people if they think an umpires board should be added.
I only called him a fool because he was being just that. He has been posting some foolish stuff all day....

You have a look at the thread that I had started up and he was talking about sacking admins...

As for discussing about umpires I have put up 3 threads about it and we have had very little response.

schwab2clarkson;367807 said:
I only called him a fool because he was being just that. He has been posting some foolish stuff all day....

You have a look at the thread that I had started up and he was talking about sacking admins...

As for discussing about umpires I have put up 3 threads about it and we have had very little response.

And what does this tell you?

It's clear that the folk of BigCricket do not want to talk about umpiring in great depth 24 hours a day. The issue only comes up when there's a run of poor decisions or when a series is constantly under the microscope due to incorrect officiating. There have been a number of threads in the past couple of months talking about the umpires, instead of starting numerous threads on the subject, go and find one and post in there. The referral system thread would be the best place to keep the chat on umpires going.

At the moment, there will be no umpiring section as we have very few umpires on this site and there is not enough chat about umpiring for there to be a complete board dedicated to the subject. If our member base was bigger then it be a different story but that is not the case at the moment. If ubolt were here (umpired some Twenty20 Big Bash games I believe) then we might be able to have a few threads on the matter but there is nothing at the present time to warrant creating an umpiring board.

That's the final say on the matter, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back