Tips On Playing Left Arm Inswing

Leggy88

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you have any tips for playing and scoring against left arm inswing bowlers, particularly from around the wicket? I always seem to get bowled though the gate against them, seeing the release point and thinking "cover drive" then it swings in and beats me most of the time. The last time I played against a left arm inswing bowler I tried to play safer and not play the cover drive, yet I found this really slowed down my scoring so I ended up getting frustrated and got caught and bowled against a nice left arm inswinger (4 off 19 balls).

Thanks.

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you have any tips for playing and scoring against left arm inswing bowlers, particularly from around the wicket? I always seem to get bowled though the gate against them, seeing the release point and thinking "cover drive" then it swings in and beats me most of the time. The last time I played against a left arm inswing bowler I tried to play safer and not play the cover drive, yet I found this really slowed down my scoring so I ended up getting frustrated and got caught and bowled against a nice left arm inswinger (4 off 19 balls).

Thanks.

How many were you making before you made 4 off 19.

Maybe try playing with the swing (leg side shots)?

I cant judge from here i need to see you bat it could be a balance issue, or maybe try batting on leg stump guard that could give you more room to play your offside shots?

How many were you making before you made 4 off 19.

Maybe try playing with the swing (leg side shots)?

I cant judge from here i need to see you bat it could be a balance issue, or maybe try batting on leg stump guard that could give you more room to play your offside shots?
Err I made 23 not out the week before. I’ll send through a video of me batting (in a different game).
These are the only 2 balls I faced in the only game of the season streamed, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.MOV
    9.3 MB
Last edited:
Err I made 23 not out the week before. I’ll send through a video of me batting (in a different game).
These are the only 2 balls I faced in the only game of the season streamed, lol.

23 is a good score. My best advice as someone who has played a long time, dont tinker your approach too much. Sometimes you just get beaten, at the end of the day all batsmen go out and are meant to go out. As long as you are making good scores keep going. Unless you are repeatedly making blobs then you got an issue....
Also, maybe you could block out the left arm innies if they are causing you so much trouble and go after the bloke at the other end?

Back