Toe-guard

akkers

I have bought dozens of bats for kids and seniors in my team. They all come brand new with immaculately glued toe-guards that look rock-solid. However. I have found that the toe-guards always falls off after 5-6 weeks of bat use and there is nothing you can do to keep it intact.
I am not sure whether its the damp UK wickets or what but we have never had luck with toe guards. I have even tried silicon tape but that just breaks up after 2 matches. The main problem is not the bottom of the bat but the bottom front edge. When that gets wet and then dries up, with constant use as well, it starts to crack. Once that happens, the crack travels up the bat and you have a cracked middle.
Does anyone make a rubber 'shoe' that one could glue on to protect the bottom front edge?

I have bought dozens of bats for kids and seniors in my team. They all come brand new with immaculately glued toe-guards that look rock-solid. However. I have found that the toe-guards always falls off after 5-6 weeks of bat use and there is nothing you can do to keep it intact.
I am not sure whether its the damp UK wickets or what but we have never had luck with toe guards. I have even tried silicon tape but that just breaks up after 2 matches. The main problem is not the bottom of the bat but the bottom front edge. When that gets wet and then dries up, with constant use as well, it starts to crack. Once that happens, the crack travels up the bat and you have a cracked middle.
Does anyone make a rubber 'shoe' that one could glue on to protect the bottom front edge?

I just use electrical tape to cover the bottom inch or so of the bat. It normally lasts about 2 months before it needs redoing. If you do it before you lose your toe guard, it will help prevent losing it as well.

Back