Top 5 Emerging Players

jainy25

Top 5 Emerging Players

Who do you think are really rising and are a prospect for their team ? Here's my list -

1. I.Sharma
2. P.Siddle
3. Mendis
4. Krejza
5. A.Mishra

Even I am surprised that there isn't any batsmen in this list.

Re: Top 5 Emerging Players

jainy25;306740 said:
Who do you think are really rising and are a prospect for their team ? Here's my list -

1. I.Sharma
2. P.Siddle
3. Mendis
4. Krejza
5. A.Mishra

Would love to think that my man Siddle is up that high, but I doubt it.

Sharma is EASILY the most exciting youngster in the world, and the rest you can throw together in one giant group.

Such as: Siddle, Mishra, Duminy, Mendis etc.

Johnson and Steyn are probably just coming into their prime so I wouldn't classify them as emerging

Duminy looks to be a very exciting prospect for South Africa. Very good young batsman, also very good in the field.

jainy25;306740 said:

1. I.Sharma
2. P.Siddle
3. Mendis
4. Krejza :confused:
5. A.Mishra

Big call mate.

To be labelling someone with a first class bowling average of 50 an emerging player.

I no AB DeVilliers isnt really an emerging player but when he gets a bit more mature he is going to be an absolute superstar.
In his first 10 tests he got a 100, a wicket, catch and stumping as keeper, catch in field, he did the lot.

As for Johnson, I would say that he has been playing at international cricket since 2-3 years now. So he does have any experience to lead his team's bowling attack in the absence of Lee. And as far as Krejza is concerned, I would say he has done very well, especially against India (which we all know that Indians are good players against spin).

By the way, I agree that Duminy deserves to be there in the list.

jainy25;307242 said:
As for Johnson, I would say that he has been playing at international cricket since 2-3 years now. So he does have any experience to lead his team's bowling attack in the absence of Lee. And as far as Krejza is concerned, I would say he has done very well, especially against India (which we all know that Indians are good players against spin).

By the way, I agree that Duminy deserves to be there in the list.

It was definitley the pitch though IMO.

South Africa are probably one of the badder national spin players but he only took 1 wicket for 204 runs in the match against them.

but also look at this fact, that it were the Australian pitches that he was bowling on. And South Africa aren't really that weak that they can't play an inexperienced spinner properly. Though over a decade or so, India has been known to produce the best players against spin, but you can't just ignore S.A.

grapedo;307243 said:
It was definitley the pitch though IMO.

South Africa are probably one of the badder national spin players but he only took 1 wicket for 204 runs in the match against them.

He bowled a pitch that was flatter then the Princess Highway in Victoria. Not his fault that the selectors aren't man enough to keep chucking him the ball as he is an attacking player, none of this defensive shit that Hauritz throws up.

Sharma is ahead of Mendis because Sharma has performed against Australia, Mendis hasn't played Australia yet and we'll see how he goes when he eventually does.

Siddle is up there, he's a very highly talented fast bowler and he could make a huge impact in international cricket.

JP Duminy is going to be a gun as well, a fantastic batsman.

Johnson and Steyn are both in their prime and cannot be considered.

Ronald McDonald as a roughie for the next Allan Border Medallist (2010 edition) :D

jainy25;307378 said:
but also look at this fact, that it were the Australian pitches that he was bowling on. And South Africa aren't really that weak that they can't play an inexperienced spinner properly. Though over a decade or so, India has been known to produce the best players against spin, but you can't just ignore S.A.

Yes but that is just proof that it was the indian pitch.

If India are the best players of spin in the world and South Africa are one of the worst he should do better against South Africa.

D.K;307382 said:
He bowled a pitch that was flatter then the Princess Highway in Victoria. Not his fault that the selectors aren't man enough to keep chucking him the ball as he is an attacking player, none of this defensive shit that Hauritz throws up.

Well Krejza is a more agressive bowler than Harris and Harris picked up 5 wickets on the Waca pitch.

You can't blame it all on the pitch.

Although I must say that was a good similie. :D

grapedo;307518 said:
Yes but that is just proof that it was the indian pitch.

If India are the best players of spin in the world and South Africa are one of the worst he should do better against South Africa.

But then again, even a rabbit can play like a tiger on a pitch that just doesn't support spin at all. and after all it was just one bad game for him. And it seems the selectors have already lost faith in him.

i'd definitly go for krejza over hauritz.... in a test match you need to take 10 wickets twice and i'd rather krejza return figures of 4/5 for 90-140 than having hauritz waste overs letting the batsmen get their eyes and ending up with 1 for 60 off too may overs.

1. David Warner
2. Moises Henriques
3. Josh Hazelwood
4. Phillip Hughes
5. Peter Forrest

Hey, they're all from New South Wales.. what were the chances of that?

GoTheTahs;307577 said:
1. David Warner
2. Moises Henriques
3. Josh Hazelwood
4. Phillip Hughes
5. Peter Forrest

Hey, they're all from New South Wales.. what were the chances of that?

Come on, at least be sensible!

1. Phillip Hughes
2. David Warner
3. Steve Smith
4. Peter Forrest
5. Moises Henriques

Unlucky to miss: Hauritz, Hazelwood, Khawaja, Cockley, Bird, Casson, Cowan, Coyte, Nevill, O'Keefe, and Daniel Smith.

:)

jainy25;307880 said:
when did we start talking of emerging players in domestic cricket ?

Do u still think Dave Warner is a domestic player after last night?:eek:

Back