Twenty20 - The Final - India vs Pakistan! Who will win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Twenty20 - The Final - India vs Pakistan! Who will win!

With what must be the ICC's wet dream, India and Pakistan will contest the final of the Twenty20 world championship and one of sports most enduring rivalries gets another chance to simmer.

Both sides have played good cricket with start performers on each side. Who will forget the sight of Yuvarj Singh taking Broad apart as he flayed him for 6 sixes in an over or Umar Gul and his yorkers at the end of the innings.

Both sides are evenly matched, although Pakistan just edge it on stats. For example the top three wicket takers for India have taken 23 wickets at approx 18 as compared to Pakistan and their 33 wickets at approx 15.5.

The batting is similar with India's top 3 run makers scoring 434 runs at an approx average of 34. Pakistan's top 3 have scored 476 at an approx average of 43.

Looking towards the ground and so far at Johannesburg and it would seem to favour the team batting second. The average runs per over is 8.72, making 175 a decent total.

The spinners have fared better than the faster bowlers at Johannesburg. While Pakistan have used Afridi and Mohammad Hafeez throughout the tournament, India have utilised only Harbhajan Singh. However, given both teams ability to play spin the captains may have doubts about utilising them fully.

In all in, it should shape up to be a cracking final and I'll make Pakistan the very slight favourites.

Just to add that anyone who signs up from now until the finish of the twenty20 final will be entered into a prize draw to [size=10pt]*WIN*[/size] an Amazon gift voucher!

Click HERE for your chance win!

Last chance to be entered for the prize draw! Just register to be in with a chance of winning. Entry will close at 6pm (UK time).

Re: Twenty20 - The Final

India are behind on stats because they have played one less match and that was against Scotland. India have done well with a very young team without the star players.
India will be looking to bat first again and put up a huge total on the board. If India post 200+ batting first then they will be the favourites even though the team batting second has had more success on this ground.

Going to go with Pakistan, i feel for them to win Asif MUST have an impact like he has had so far, in there way is an inform Yuvraj and a uncontrollable captain of Dhoni, those two can win games.

Not forgetting Sreesanth, but i think Pakistan will edge it. I'd love it to go to a bowl out, one of those very rare occasions i would, the atmosphere would be electric!

This will be a decent match, my head says India. After that bowl out - physiologically would have hurt Pakistan.

Well the weather is looking like it'll be fine with a moderate south-westerly breeze.

Current temperature about 26°C, which sounds like ideal conditions!

Just to add that anyone who signs up from now until the finish of the twenty20 final will be entered into a prize draw to [size=10pt]*WIN*[/size] an Amazon gift voucher!

Re: Twenty20 - The Final - India vs Pakistan! Who will win!

Umpires today will be Australia's Simon Taufel and England's Mark Benson. Third umpire and in charge of the TV replays is Aussie Daryl Harper, with Billy Doctrove (ball carrier!)taking on the role of fourth umpire.

Match referee is Sri Lanka's Ranjan Madugalle (is it just me or is he always the match referee?)

India have chosen to bat first as always. Im a bit disappointed that aussies havent qualified but this should be a cracker.

India will be looking for 180 here, Pakistan to keep them under 140.

Yusuf Pathan in for Virender Sehwag and on the only change in the Pakistan team is Fawad Alam being replaced by Yasir Arafat.

Virender Sehwag isn't playing! But we have six bowlers today so that will help. India will be looking for 190 or thereabouts. Drama in the first over itself. A runout chance, six by Yousuf Pathan. India are off to a flier.

Pathan's cameo is over then, but a useful 15 from 8.

33 from the first 4 overs, a comfortable 8 an over there.

2nd wicket down and the scoring rate dropping below the 8 mark, 40 of 6 overs.

I see that Afridi has been brought on, and not a bad over, only 5 from it.

50/2 off 8, need to up that run rate a bit.

I see that Gambhir has heard you. India are going steady here, now need to really turn it on.

I do have a rather loud voice, so he may have done.

Half way stage, they have wickets in hand and some decent hitters to come in, they have to be looking for the 190 mark.

Pakistan have done well until now by restricting the run rate. But India have a lot of wicket in hand.

50 for gambhir, and 89 off 12 for India. This is where they need to make the push and go for about 100 runs off the last 8.

Seems that India are starting to go for it!

Yuvraj out but I don't think he was looking that comfortable anyway.

It just didn't look to be Yuvraj's day. He wasn't hitting the ball well and India either needed him to blast or get out. Dhoni needs to play well now.

Into the last 5 overs, have to be looking at scoring at least 50 runs from them, they have wickets in hand after all.

Dhoni gone, out on the nelson. Did the beamer shake Dhoni up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back