University Games 20/20

hey

I just wanted some opinions / feedback

I am a girl and have been playing cricket for ages. i JOINED UP to play uni games in cricket. There was no womens team so i asked if i could trial for the means team. They said yap thats fine. So i went to very training and trialed. We also have a pre match against another university mens team. I wasin as a bowler. Now, during the game I bowled out the top batter in the other team, and nearly got a second wicket a few balls later. My bowling was very ecconomical and i was one of the top bowlers for the game. A few days later, the administrator had to check with the rules, and it says no girls to play. We wrote an email to the big boss and it was a flat no i cant play. Even though everyone else is fine with it. It is not a physical game, i made the team by merit, there was no womens team to play in, plus its just uni games tournament. I should be able to play right? If there was a womens team i would play there.. I have the skils and ability.

so should i push this through? Am i being discriminated?

Please help your view points would mean a lot

Two ways of looking at it. One, rules are rules and you're just unlucky. Two, yes, you're being discriminated against when in reality there is little to actually stop you playing. However, matters are rarely as simple as this and there is bound to be more going on behind the scenes.

If you feel that strongly about it then why not start up a team for women only? You don't say which part of the world you're from and obviously, different universities will have different policies but in the UK most would be supportive of someone setting up a side. There would in all likelihood be some funding available and you would have access to a number of like minded people.

Whilst it seems harsh that you are unable to play, there could be valid reasons (changing facilities, etc) that have very little to do with your ability on the field. If you are in the UK, my guess is it is down to the university league rules, so that would be your first port of call, alternatively try one of the contacts on the ecb page here:
http://www.ecb.co.uk/development/de...-club-cricket-development-officers,70,BP.html

Best of luck in wherever you end up playing

Back