Updates

Updates

I guess the Australian season is in full swing, has anyone got any updates?

I find it hard to trawl through cricinfo so would like to know the top performers and the team to beat.

Also, any news on the Australian women ahead of the ashes?

Re: Updates

isnt the pura cup going on in australia. i read on cricinfo that katich and hogg performed well recently.

Yeah, the tables read that Western Australia is doing nicely.

Pura Cup leaders are NSW, Katich has scored a 300 as well!

Hooper said:
Yeah, the tables read that Western Australia is doing nicely.

Pura Cup leaders are NSW, Katich has scored a 300 as well!

Cool, what else is going on? Any up and coming youngsters or players having great seasons that we may not have heard of?

StanTheMan said:
Cool, what else is going on? Any up and coming youngsters or players having great seasons that we may not have heard of?
Well, for WA, Luke Pomersbach is having a fantastic start. He has already blazed some good hundreds in both formats of the game. WA Keeper Batsman, Luke Ronchi scored a 100 from 50 balls!

lehmann scored a brilliant ton in his final match and took south australia to a record breaking victory. i think 126 off 104 is as good as it gets. he retired in some style. 305 was a big target but elliot and lehmann looked invincible. what a great player!
was terrible to see matt johnston get hit in the jaw with that throw though

believe it or not lehmann smashed another century in his second farewell match. ive never heard of a batsman retiring in such fine fashion.

deer said:
believe it or not lehmann smashed another century in his second farewell match. ive never heard of a batsman retiring in such fine fashion.

167 wasn't it? Was looking good for a double during most of that innings. Didn't he also score a ton in his last game for Yorkshire?

Young NSW Batsmen Peter Forest whacked a century against Tas in the 4 day game with Katich contiuning form with a half century and Haddin getting into 3 figures himself.
Bollinger took 12 wickets, 6 in both innings.

Young Hughes for the Blues debuted in the openers role against Vic in the one day game and got himself to 66 then found himself behing the wickets half way through the 2nd innings after a ball hit Haddin in the eye.

Dissapointing performance from my WA last match. With Gilly, Mr Cricket and others, we really struggled. Dissapointing 3 wicket loss.

yeah, ive found that whenever huss plays for WA he performs really badly :(

Shaun marsh uses the same bat as me. and the same gloves :D :D

Back