using the crease?

using the crease?

i have heard many people talk about fast bowlers using the crease.I dont quite understand that and how it is effective. some help please?

Re: using the crease?

It is effective because running in and bowling wider on the crease or right next to the stumps creates different angles for the batsman to deal with. If you bowl two balls close to the stumps and one wider, the wider one will seem to come back in to the batsman because it is following a slightly different line. Sometimes you can get a batsman bowled through the gate with this ploy as your action/grip/pace hasn't changed in any way. Hope this helps.

Using the crease is just another way to add variations to your bowling - same as varying your pace or swing or whatever. Like Jelly Beanz says, it gives the batsman something else to think about.

Same as any variation though, you have to practice using it before trying it in a match.

I rememeber reading about a right handed bowler bowling over the wicket to a left hander. He was bowling close to the stumps and swinging it into him. Then he went wide for one. The batsman expected a straight ball slanting across him and left it - but it still swung in and he was bowled. So as I said, it's something else you could use to try and fool the batsman.

fastbowler said:
i have heard many people talk about fast bowlers using the crease.I dont quite understand that and how it is effective. some help please?

As well as what has been posted, if you bowl a ball from further back, then you can bowl a slower ball with no change of action.

Back