• St Albans/Breakwater

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Alvie

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Irrewarra Beeac

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: VB 20/20 knock-out poll and discussion.

Should be an interesting tournament, the dates are below:

Irrewarra v Alvie – to be played in Colac – date/venue to be determined by the 2 clubs

Sth Barwon v Guild St Marys - Sunday 9th Nov at Guild 12 noon start

Waurn Ponds v St Albans/Breakwater – Wed 12th Nov at Breakwater Res 5.00pm start

Grovedale v Barwon Heads – Sunday 9th Nov at Grovedale 9.30am start

The winners play off in the Semi-Finals on the 30th November at South Barwon or Grovedale with one AM or PM game.

Final Sunday 7th December at Geelong Cricket Ground on an uncovered wicket !!

gca_ipl;277539 said:
Should be an interesting tournament, the dates are below:

Irrewarra v Alvie – to be played in Colac – date/venue to be determined by the 2 clubs

Sth Barwon v Guild St Marys - Sunday 9th Nov at Guild 12 noon start

Waurn Ponds v St Albans/Breakwater – Wed 12th Nov at Breakwater Res 5.00pm start

Grovedale v Barwon Heads – Sunday 9th Nov at Grovedale 9.30am start

The winners play off in the Semi-Finals on the 30th November at South Barwon or Grovedale with one AM or PM game.

Final Sunday 7th December at Geelong Cricket Ground on an uncovered wicket !!

I'm looking forward to our match next week win/lose or draw it will be good fun to play hopefully get a few down to have a look being an evening game. I'd say there will be decent crowds at the other games.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;277540 said:
I'm looking forward to our match next week win/lose or draw it will be good fun to play hopefully get a few down to have a look being an evening game. I'd say there will be decent crowds at the other games.

nah, it could be a big Sunday, the one at Grovedale starts at 9:30am, so should finish around 12:30pm, and then the game at Guild starts at midday so should get to see most of that one.

gca_ipl;277543 said:
nah, it could be a big Sunday, the one at Grovedale starts at 9:30am, so should finish around 12:30pm, and then the game at Guild starts at midday so should get to see most of that one.

Yeah I just deleted that bit, I didn't read it properly:( 930am start on a Sunday:eek: I don't think so:p

What are teams wearing and what color balls are being used?

We will be wearing Black Red & White tops with shocking 20/20 caps we had made up wait to you see them Barry Crockers:eek: And our game were going to be using White balls being in the evening makes sense I guess.

On paper it would seem that South and Grovedale have the other teams covered, with St. Albans as a possible smokey. Does anybody know what the semi-final matchups are? It would be disappointing to have a potential S.B / Grovedale semi instead of a final (Assuming both side make it).

a for effort;277553 said:
Does anybody know what the semi-final matchups are? It would be disappointing to have a potential S.B / Grovedale semi instead of a final (Assuming both side make it).

Nah that won't happen the winner of S.B v GSMCC plays the winner of Colac and GROVE v BH play WPONDS v StABCC The teams in Geelong were seeded so that couldn't happen.

gca_ipl;277543 said:

The U/21's play on Sunday too. A huge day

A quick question - when you play in coloured kits etc, who actually pays for it? The club/sponsors or the players?

Barwon Heads could be the smokey, pretty strong batting line-up which could win them the match against a possible Harper-less Grovedale.

I think the colac sides are just making up the numbers.

South Barwon to beat the winner of Grovedale/Barwon Heads in the final.

I think Grovedale will win the Regional Final.

My Tips for the 1st round are-

Grovedale v Barwon Heads Just to strong

Guild/St Marys v South Barwon in a canter

St Albans/Breakwater v Waurn Ponds in the closes of the matches

Alvie v Irrewarra Beeac ????????????????????????

Can the sides put there selected teams in here when they are known?

my tips;

My Tips for the 1st round are-

Grovedale v Barwon Heads div 1 premiers, too strong

[Guild/St Marys v South Barwon one of the strongest teams in geelong too strong for my mob unfortunatley

[St Albans/Breakwater v Waurn Ponds st albans very strong, waurn ponds struggling at the moment

Alvie v Irrewarra Beeac nfi.. any colac guys that can fill us in? haha

Don't discount the Waurn Ponds boys. We're just warming up. Skeney has hit form and we have a few blokes who should be able to smash a team of rejects from an inferior comp. Go Eagles!!!

Waurn Ponds forever;277770 said:
Don't discount the Waurn Ponds boys. We're just warming up. Skeney has hit form and we have a few blokes who should be able to smash a team of rejects from an inferior comp. Go Eagles!!!

This is why people hate Guild and Blue West on here.
I seriously doubt your from there so I suggest people ignore this fool:mad:

Waurn Ponds forever;277771 said:
While we're on the topic of rejects, how are Guild enjoying Divvy 3 badger?

This is why people hate Guild and Blue West on here.
I seriously doubt your from there so I suggest people ignore this fool:mad:

3 - 0 with 300 + on the board day one of game 4 and on top of the ladder would suggest that this inferior team might be too superior in their division.

Surely you couldn't be from Waurn Ponds?:confused:

supersaintjohnny;277781 said:
Surely you couldn't be from Waurn Ponds?:confused:

He isn't SSJ I know allot of people from Waurn Ponds c.c players/committee/supporters and they are good people who wouldn't engage in this garbage talk.
And If this chump was from there he'd know it was only a short time ago they were playing in the lowly GDCA/GCA3 comp themselves as University.

im tippin the big vet to be behind this..wants to get stuck in..haha:D:D

Back