Vengsarkar likely to resign

AB

Vengsarkar likely to resign

The war of words between Dilip Vengsarkar, the chairman of the national selection committee, and the Indian board has reached a deadlock that is likely to result in Vengsarkar stepping down from his post on Monday night or Tuesday morning. Either way, it now appears that a new chairman will head the reconstituted committee before the squad for the Australia tour is selected in Bangalore ahead of the third Test against Pakistan.

He doesn't get paid for the job and they want him to quit writing columns too. BCCI have refused toprovide him any monetary compensation if he does quit writing. I think it is unfair, but thats how the BCCI functions.

Re: Vengsarkar likely to resign

BCCI is pathetic. how can they prevent him from earning money from writing if they arent paying him. its the right decision by vengsarkar. Indian cricket has to suffer because of this. he was doing a very good job

One of the reasons of quitting is that he expected support from Pawar in this matter;which he didn't got.
Secondly; even the other selectors agreed to the terms easily.
So in the end he was alone fighting for the cause.
Besides resigning; he had no other option.

I hope he stays. I think the BCCI are talking about introducing the payment for selectors soon. Today is the selector meeting in bangalore so we will come to know if he has quit.

The
Virendersingh.berthwal said:
One of the reasons of quitting is that he expected support from Pawar in this matter;which he didn't got.
Secondly; even the other selectors agreed to the terms easily.
So in the end he was alone fighting for the cause.
Besides resigning; he had no other option.

The power of one is never going to win against something as mighty as the BCCI. If the others had stood up as well he might have ha a chance.

Well it might be the case.
Currently; he will be going to Bangalore for the selection meeting.
Anyway BCCI had shortlisted Chandu Borde for that post;if he resigns.
The clear picture will be visible within few days.

if you ask me then it is right he resigns. he only wants to look out for him and not the team, i think he can stop writing anf devote his time to india and making the team number 1.

KiHack said:
if you ask me then it is right he resigns.  he only wants to look out for him and not the team, i think he can stop writing anf devote his time to india and making the team number 1.
he is getting 0 salary for the job....and if he stops writing then his income would be 0.....he needs to earn money to live

bcci says that he is still the chairman of selectors for now....i think they are trying to avoid the issue

wasnt it in the news recently that your selectors will get paid. have bcci backed out on that?

KiHack said:
if you ask me then it is right he resigns.  he only wants to look out for him and not the team, i think he can stop writing anf devote his time to india and making the team number 1.
he is getting 0 salary for the job....and if he stops writing then his income would be 0.....he needs to earn money to live

bcci says that he is still the chairman of selectors for now....i think they are trying to avoid the issue

wasnt it in the news recently that your selectors will get paid. have bcci backed out on that?

Back