Victoria 2nd XI vs NSW 2nd XI at Harry Trott Oval(Mon-Thurs)

Robbo

Victoria 2nd XI vs NSW 2nd XI at Harry Trott Oval(Mon-Thurs)

Victoria 2nd XI vs NSW 2nd XI
Harry Trott Oval,St Kilda Monday January 4 to Thursday January 7 2010​

*Note: This game is not part of the CA Futures League

Playing Hours: 11am to 1pm,1:40pm to 3:40pm,4pm to 6pm

TEAMS
Victoria 2nd XI: Aiden Blizzard(capt),Michael Beer,Ryan Carters(wk),Brett Forsyth,Evan Gulbis,Steven Gilmour,Michael Hill,Brenton McDonald,Glenn Maxwell,Chris Salm,Tomn Stray,Damien Wright

NSW 2nd XI: Grant Lambert(capt),Ahillen Beadle,Beau Casson,Steven Cazzulino,Tim Chuickshank,Trent Copeland,Simon Keen,Joe Mennie,Peter Nevill(wk),Stephen O'Keefe,Martin Paskal,Phillip Wells

Umpires: Phil Proctor, Mark Hanton

Weather Forecast
Monday: Fine Max 27
Tuesday: Fine Max 30
Wednesday: Fine Max 29
Thursday: Fine Max 32

Re: Victoria 2nd XI vs NSW 2nd XI at Harry Trott Oval(Mon-Thurs)

Gooday Robbo, Would it be possible for you to post daily scores for this game? Interested father!!! thanks in advance Crookers:)

There were 2 late changes to the NSW 2nd XI this morning

IN: Daniel Burns,Josh Lalor
OUT: Stephen O'Keefe,Grant Lambert

Peter Nevill is now captain of the NSW 2nd XI

Other serious footnote: Beau Casson was feeling unwell in the warm up and was sent to hospital were he has been diagonsed with heart issues. Hopefully he will be ok. He is excepted to be replaced in the side either from tomorrow or Wednesday.

Scores at stumps on Day 1

VIC won the toss and elected to bat

Victoria 2nd XI 1st Innings
B.Forsyth b Lalor 12
T.Stray Run Out 92
M.Hill c Nevill b Paskal 29
R.Carters c Copeland b Burns 3
A.Blizzard lbw b Copeland 68
E.Gulbis c Lalor b Wells 14
G.Maxwell NOT OUT 50
D.Wright NOT OUT 26
Extras 19
Score 6/313

FOW 1/32(Forsyth),2/91(Hill),3/134(Carters),4/169(Stray),5/211(Gulbis),6/249(Blizzard).

NSW 2nd XI Bowling
T.Copeland 19-7-43-1
M.Paskal 18-6-69-1
J.Lalor 18-2-57-1
J.Mennie 9-2-36-0
D.Burns 17-1-66-1
S.Keen 8-2-13-0
P.Wells 7-2-26-1

Batting Time: 360 Mins Overs: 90

Play continues tomorrow at 11am AEDT

Looks like it's going to be a pretty interesting match.

Bad luck goes to Beau Casson, I like him as a player and to see him have those problems. Hopefully he can get out of it alright and get back to what he does best.

Is your boy playing Crookers?

Gday Boris, yes I agree about Beau Casson. Very good allrounder and I didnt know he had this problem. I will have to find out more. Actually thought he was better player than Hauritz. Yes my son (Tim Cruickshank) is playing. Played a few 2nd eleven games last year and is having a very good year in sydney grade with the bat. Over the hill at 27 though!!! I am now living on the gold coast and notice you are in south east QLD?

Yes I live a couple of hours north of Brisbane inland of the Sunshine Coast.

I hope Tim does very well, for both his, yours and his state's sake. Hopefully he can do enough to get himself into contention for the First XI, because if any this is his time to shine. Eagerly await Robbo's update for today's play.

I am familiar with him and you must be a proud father.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the site!

Thanks mate, Surprised as a cricket nut that I have never found this site. Yes I am proud of Tim's achievements but he is somewhat of an enigma( a father living his dream? GUILTY). Has played in every rep side from 17s 19s colts etc but has never achieved what many believe he should have and he is not on his own there! It really is so demanding at all levels but the higher you go the more your technique and mental strength are tested. To be honest I think he lacks that bit of desparation that is needed to get to the next level. He would have been a far better player if he had been in Sydneys west(fibro territory) and not the Northern beaches(too easy) Having said that he has been incredibly dedicated and deserves everything he has achieved. As an aside he is on track to break the most runs scored in a first grade season for Manly and is closing in on the most runs ever for the club, so as believers in local representation that is very special for both of us. Anyway enough from DAD thanks for your interest. Regards Graham

Has there been any state representatives or higher from his Manly club before?

Plenty of imports but local products are few and far between but include off the top of my head-

Jim Burke Grahaeme Beard Peter Phillpott Keith Miller Ron Saggers Gavin Robertson Sean Bradstreet Mike Pawley

That's a good list, means Tim is of a pretty high class then. Often it is handy to generalise on how good the player can be from what club they come from. Not always true though... Hayden came from Kingaroy cricket club (he actually struggled to get an A Grade gig to begin with) and I have played Kingaroy in the past and they are shocking!

Funny that you say Phillpott, he came to this region not long ago for a coaching clinic.

Really good effort to be breaking club records.

Yes I cannot believe that he has now been playing nearly 10 years of Sydney first grade. If you go to www.manlycricket.com.au you can have a look through annual reports which will give you an idea of players he has been lucky enough to play with(Bevan Phelps Cameron Clarke Heath Bradstreet etc etc).
Very interesting about Hayden and I guess he is a bit of a Bollinger. You never know who has that special gift.
That is what makes the game so special. From prime minister to coal miner you are all on the one level in the middle. Cheers

Part 2 Sorry just meant to warn you that I am not convinced about Peter Ps motives. I hate to say it but I think he has become very mercenary even at his age. I hope he has changed but I fear not. I was a private coach for a number of years after Tim went beyond my knowledge and found him and Barry Knight very questionable in their motives but at the same time very learned persons. Just a note of caution not a condemnation.

A very good club it looks like down there. See Tim got the senior player of the year.

Yes, and I have to agree with you about Phillpott. I'm not a leggie myself so I was just there to watch, but the leggies that were there he was really not interested in them. A friend of mine asked how he can get more turn from his already accurate delivery and after his tutoring he is now having trouble landing anything, and when he does they spin even less. We had Mark Waugh come up the other year though and that was great.

Yes Coaches who can really identify faults or talent and know the difference are few indeed.

Beau Casson is fine he returned to Sydney late last night and was replaced by Scott Henry.

Aiden Blizzard and Glenn Maxwell will miss the last 2 days of this game as they are in Victoria's T20 squad. Damien Wright has taken over as captain. The replacements will be known tomorrow although I believe one maybe Robert Quiney.

Scores at stumps on Day 2

VIC won the toss and elected to bat

Victoria 2nd XI 1st Innings(res 6/313 Maxwell 50 Wright 26)
G.Maxwell b Copeland 50
D.Wright b Copeland 28
B.McDonald c Nevill b Copeland 12
S.Gilmour c Wells b Burns 56
M.Beer NOT OUT 14
Extras 29
Score All Out for 398

DNB: C.Salm

FOW 7/314(Maxwell),8/327(Wright),9/328(McDonald),10/398(Gilmour)

NSW 2nd XI Bowling
T.Copeland 30-7-88-4
M.Paskal 18-4-69-1
J.Lalor 18-2-57-1
J.Mennie 9-2-36-0
D.Burns 20.4-2-81-2
S.Keen 15-2-37-0
P.Wells 7-2-26-1

Batting Time: 439 Mins Overs: 117.4

NSW 2nd XI 1st Innings
P.Nevill lbw b Maxwell 29
S.Cazzulino c Maxwell b Salm 110
T.Cruickshank c Maxwell b Beer 12
A.Beadle lbw b Wright 17
P.Wells lbw b Salm 58
S.Keen c Hill b McDonald 2
S.Henry lbw b Salm 0
T.Copeland NOT OUT 2
J.Mennie c Gulbis b McDonald 2
Extras 11
Score 8/243

FOW: 1/57(Nevill), 2/111(Cruickshank), 3/148(Beadle), 4/234(Wells), 5/237(Keen), 6/237(Henry), 7/238(Cazzulino), 8/243(Mennie)

Victoria 2nd XI Bowling
Wright 12-1-33-1
Gilmour 12-3-33-0
Maxwell 13-1-54-1
Salm 10-1-31-3
McDonald 14.3-2-50-2
Beer 10-1-35-1

Batting Time: 278 Mins Overs:71.3

Play continues tomorrow at 11am AEDT

Note: NSW 2nd XI lost 5/9 in the final 30 balls of the day

Robbo really does a good job with putting these games up.

I guess that's how you found the site?

NSW behind there.

Tim hung around for a while but only made 12. Better luck for the next innings.

Gooday Boris Must have nodded off! Yes disappointing for Tim but looks like it was not easy and the late collapse indicates it might be even harder days 3/4. Steve cuzzilino who got the ton is an overlooked talent who would be in most state sides IMO. Must have been a stadout yesterday as Tim is a very fast scorer and Steve dominated their small partnership. Thanks for your interest. Regards Graham C.

Back