VTCA - Season 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavone

VTCA - Season 2006

Was interested to hear what people's thoughts were on the VTCA and who they thought would win the various flags this season.

I think in Senior Division that Yarraville Club will again be very tough to beat, while in Senior A, Hoppers Crossing would have to be the side to beat after going so close last year.

Re: VTCA - Season 2006

Ian Timms again dominated for Hoppers in Senior A with a big 94. I am expecting another big season from the great man!

Yarraville will again dominate considering the fact they pay 40+ players. How the hell Justin Baker is not listed as a paid player when he is rumoured to be on 20k is a joke.

Old Essendon have picked up Tarique Jeffrey from Avondale Heights.

What do people know about Doutta's overseas player who apparently took 9 for vs England.

As usual the South clubs who keep the comp honest like McKinnon, Chelsea and South Caulfield haven't gone out on a spending spree and prefer to grow their own players through the juniors.

Is Hutchison bowling for Keilor or is he just a batsman?

Watch out for Youlden as a dark horse too.

After a disappointing loss last week on the road to Brighton Districts, Hoppers will be looking to bounce back hard against old foes Sunshine Druids. Minus their star Ian Timms though, it will be a pretty even encounter I think.

Should be a cracker of a game.

Hoppers will struggle mate, I'd give up on them and get on a real team. Get on the Beaumaris gravy train - they are due.

See Keilor gave Old Essendon a touch up - I wonder how they will fare against Mentone who have Daniel Blackmore fit and firing for the 1st time in years.

McKinnon look strong but Yarraville will still be the team to beat. Baker isn't listed as a paid player so he must be downgraded to about 15k a year.

Justin Baker lost his form with the bat :eek: He played in the 3rds for Yarraville Club in Round 1 and made a handy 70 odd runs. Poor luck on the St Bernards bowlers. You would probably find his was unavailable for day 1 of the match and somehow got a game in there 3rds for day 2. But he back where he belongs in the ones for round 2...

I see Leigh Jones from Mentone is in their twos? Is he injured? He was a first XI regular last year wasn't he?

Perty4;107576 said:
Hoppers will struggle mate, I'd give up on them and get on a real team. Get on the Beaumaris gravy train - they are due.

See Keilor gave Old Essendon a touch up - I wonder how they will fare against Mentone who have Daniel Blackmore fit and firing for the 1st time in years.

McKinnon look strong but Yarraville will still be the team to beat. Baker isn't listed as a paid player so he must be downgraded to about 15k a year.

Mate, would have to agree after their last match to Druids, though they did reasonably well against Beauy on the weekend and should take the points if they bowl to their potential.

Funny comment on Yarraville though!! Should be a very interesting comp in Senior Div this season.

Opening Batsman;115856 said:
any more updates.

The VTCA need to change the lower North divisons structure. Dont know how but need to be done.

I heard from a reliable source that the structure is going to change next season in the lower divisions, with possibly four divisions playing on Saturdays. Will probably take the form of North C1 (10 teams), North C2 (10 teams), North D1 (10 teams), North D2 (8 teams).

Gavone;116661 said:
I heard from a reliable source that the structure is going to change next season in the lower divisions, with possibly four divisions playing on Saturdays. Will probably take the form of North C1 (10 teams), North C2 (10 teams), North D1 (10 teams), North D2 (8 teams).

looks the good. Of course Hoppers will have teams in every divisions becuase you actually fill them which is good. What happening with Hoppers other teams still going to play in Willy comp, not a fan of than, play all your teams in the one comp but what grades? I hear there is no north division sunday grade this year which is a shame..

Opening Batsman;117887 said:
looks the good. Of course Hoppers will have teams in every divisions becuase you actually fill them which is good. What happening with Hoppers other teams still going to play in Willy comp, not a fan of than, play all your teams in the one comp but what grades? I hear there is no north division sunday grade this year which is a shame..

We would love to have all 8 senior sides in the VTCA but do not have access to a fourth turf wicket. We are working pretty hard at securing one for next season, so you are correct in saying Hoppers should have sides in all 6 lower grades (plus the Senior A and Senior North 2nds).

Gavone;121895 said:
We would love to have all 8 senior sides in the VTCA but do not have access to a fourth turf wicket. We are working pretty hard at securing one for next season, so you are correct in saying Hoppers should have sides in all 6 lower grades (plus the Senior A and Senior North 2nds).

Do Hoppers have the money for a fourth turf wicket. If you short Hoppers may have to stop paying there players and look after there there two lower sides.

Anyone got any thoughts on how some of the lower grades will end up finals wise? ie. Senior A, North A and North B?
I'll put my 2 cents in.....Melb High looking the goods in Snr A, surprised by how well Druids and Strathmore are going. North A - did look like Avondale were on their way to seeking revenge for choking in lasts years final but have dropped a couple now. Willy look like theyre going to be hard to stop but is their bowling good enough? St.Albans - im surprised to see them going so well but i spose they have got some good recruits. Parkville could also be a danger. Don't know if Keilor Park have got enough talent to get them back in there. They rely on Joey Misiti too much.
Nth B-Well Greenvale and Aber Park taking all before them. Greenvale have got a good solid side with some new recruits strengthing up their batting, Portou, Courts and now Mick Harvey. Bowling solid without being spectacular. Aber Park have a good bowling attack but is their batting good enough? Depends on what Doolans story is? Flemington on a roll now after dropping the first 2 games. Seem to have really hit their straps batting wise now, Whitefield a very good bat, so can they bowl out the opposition? Tulla hot and cold. Can't bat to save themselves but seem to be able to bowl opposition out for a losing score. Baptists good front runners. If Khwaja gets runs theyre a chance, if not, struggle big time. Bowling attack struggles too.
So any VTCA fans got any thoughts out there?

Where do you play snagglepuss?

personally i think the grand finals will be:

Strathmore and MHSOB - Strathmore to get up.
The Heights and St Albans will play out A1 - Avondale should get up but I think St Albans will go up.
Tulla and Greenvale - Tulla have got some quality bats and just need to put it together. My tip is for them to go up purely due to them having a better bowling side.

U must be a Tulla boy if you think they can bat! I play in the North. Good old VTCA up to their tricks again. Tell everyone not to put covers on but still to report to grounds! Im tipping those games that did get on might have ignored the VTCA email somehow!
ONB-Surely Stratmore couldnt win it? Has Snr A dropped off or something? Agree Tulla bowling might be better than GVale but GVale stronger batting I reckon. Don't discount AberPK and Flemington.

Definately not a Tulla boy mate. I play in Senior A1.

Blokes like Zajac and Scott can bat. Zajac was a 2s/3s cricketer for NM and Scott was in the Vic U19s tryout squad last season. Those two alone if in form are too good for B1 and could hold the key. But I do agree that Courts, Portou and co have the experience so it would be a good tussle.
Flemington also have some good players in Whitfield and Guerrera and some other handy cricketers. Forgot about that mob, but that would be my top 3 for sure.

Strathmore are doing pretty well. They picked up Ingleton from Essendon and he's averaging 50. They always seem to have one or two blokes making a good score every game and having others making handy contributions. There bowlers hold it together and thats why I think they can give the finals a real shake. I think Druids are the darkhorse though. They have some real quality down there.

Here are my thoughts
Senior Division - Yarraville Club to win premership. Look out for Doutta Stars. In the 4 now after there outright win on the weekend. But then there Keilor.
Mentone will be regulated have struggled all season and lost a few outright.

Senior Divison - I agree MHSOB and Strathmore to fight it out. Strathmore having David Tate is very handy a geniue all rounder. Did Tate captain coach Essendon when he was there? Seddon and Mordialloc to be regulated to the north/south A1

North A1 - Have not been following this grade to much. Keilor Park were on fire before Christmas with Joe Misti scoring heaps of runs. Scored another 380 odd on the weekend :eek: Werribee Centrals to be regulated. Should 2 teams be regulated instead of one??? Just throwing up the question for discussion.

North B1 - My tip is Aberfeldie Park take out the flag over Greenvale but then Greenvale have veteran Billy Loughron who gets better and better with age. Sunshine YCW need help especially for the 2nds regulary are be beating outright.

Know basically nothing about the South divisions so cant say much.

2 games left for finals.

Hey folks,

Any senior division or senior North Second boys here? Ive played a bit in both and as a result are interested in both. In the two's, wondering who will win the flag. And who can split Keilor and Yarraville in the senior division? I played against Keilor earlier in the year and they were mighty impressive.

Also, wanted to know if the overall standard in the two's has dropped in the last couple of years. I reckon it creates a fair gulf between the two grades and makes it pretty hard to step up when needed in the ones.

What does everyone reckon??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back