VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;214966 said:
Where are u off to four eyes?
Half moon Caravan park. Thats all us Hoppers players can afford after mudguts Borlase has eaten all the trip fund money in one binge at Maccas!!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;214966 said:
Where are u off to four eyes?
Half moon Caravan park. Thats all us Hoppers players can afford after mudguts Borlase has eaten all the trip fund money in one binge at Maccas!!

century scorer;214961 said:
Now that the season is over lets get down to why we really play 4 .
CRICKET TRIPS My side is off 2 Boort Caravan park our fundraising- dropped catches and ducks can only take you so far,any other sides hitting the country?

Yaraville club of to Amsterdam! Smackas has been pushing this for years as he wants to drink the Heiniken brewery dry.. Pachioli has heard they make nice cookies over there too and is looking forward to the trip.. Baker looking forward to some window shopping..
(Yarraville scorer was not happy when she found out she was not invited and was seen leaving blockbuster with a copy of the notebook, 3 bags of pop corn, 2 litre bottle of coke zero and a 10litre tub of chocolate icecream)

CRICKET TRIPS My side is off 2 Boort Caravan park our fundraising- dropped catches and ducks can only take you so far,any other sides hitting the country?

Yaraville club of to Amsterdam! Smackas has been pushing this for years as he wants to drink the Heiniken brewery dry.. Pachioli has heard they make nice cookies over there too and is looking forward to the trip.. Baker looking forward to some window shopping..
(Yarraville scorer was not happy when she found out she was not invited and was seen leaving blockbuster with a copy of the notebook, 3 bags of pop corn, 2 litre bottle of coke zero and a 10litre tub of chocolate icecream)

36_wides;214823 said:
keilor handled the pressure and made 3 for 300. still with 50 overs to go. well done to the young fella shaun guerra 116 in the second dig and 63 in the first. very very stiff not to get man of the match.

grand final victory means more when you beat a side after they have a bit to say bout how there gonna win..

36 wides, you are a fool!!!! You are fat and stink !!!! Keilor did not win the grand final, Strathmore lost the game, Keilor did not win it.

And the Man Of the Match was the right call. you fat fool !!!!!

Foulds (Nugget) Played a blinder !!!! The fat bloke at slip took the arsiest catches I have ever seen.

Strathmore Are the Club of the Future !!!!

Go MORES and Go Nugget you desereved the MOM

36_wides;214823 said:
keilor handled the pressure and made 3 for 300. still with 50 overs to go. well done to the young fella shaun guerra 116 in the second dig and 63 in the first. very very stiff not to get man of the match.

grand final victory means more when you beat a side after they have a bit to say bout how there gonna win..

36 wides, you are a fool!!!! You are fat and stink !!!! Keilor did not win the grand final, Strathmore lost the game, Keilor did not win it.

Foulds (Nugget) Played a blinder !!!! The fat bloke at slip took the arsiest catches I have ever seen.

Millhouse;214965 said:
Keilor off to the Murray to swing off the ropes hanging above the river. Cheap trip with only a one way ticket required. ha ha

Millhouse what drugs are you on ? are you the infamous scorer from Hoppers?

Millhouse;214965 said:
Keilor off to the Murray to swing off the ropes hanging above the river. Cheap trip with only a one way ticket required. ha ha

Millhouse what drugs are you on ? are you the infamous scorer from Hoppers?

VTCA best clubs overall - the best club award is more than just a club's 1's side so this is what i reckon:

1. Port Melb - 3 flags, plenty of $$ going around, 1st XI 5th & 2's,3's,4's premierships
2. Spotswood - 3 flags, rubbish 1st XI, 2's, 3's and 4's premierships
3. Keilor - 1 flag in 2's, runner up in senior div so heavier weighting for senior div
4. Doodle Stars - 1 flag in senior div is the only way they are in top 5
5. Greenvale - only club to win 1's and 2's flags
6. Cheltenham - Premiers in Sth A1, and runners up in the 2's to Port.
7. APWStC - Dominant in Senior A1, daylight between it and Strathmore. 2nds not much chop.
8. Strathmore - Two runners up in Senior A1 and the best 2nds comp out of the three
9. McKinnon - Reasonable 1's outfit, premiers in Sth 2nds
10. St.Bernies - 1 flag in 2's, runner up in North A1.

Plenty of debate but the argument is there.

VTCA best clubs overall - the best club award is more than just a club's 1's side so this is what i reckon:

1. Port Melb - 3 flags, plenty of $$ going around, 1st XI 5th & 2's,3's,4's premierships
3. Keilor - 1 flag in 2's, runner up in senior div so heavier weighting for senior div
7. APWStC - Dominant in Senior A1, daylight between it and Strathmore. 2nds not much chop.
8. Strathmore - Two runners up in Senior A1 and the best 2nds comp out of the three

The Northern Oasis...good luck with that, no water in the lake!
You should head down the footy club and check out the monument built for the Rutley brothers!

The Northern Oasis...good luck with that, no water in the lake!
You should head down the footy club and check out the monument built for the Rutley brothers!

Monkey Business;215037 said:

That is just a stupid post my friend.Ask any of the clubs if they're happy winning 2's,3's or 4's flags whilst their 1's battle to win (Spotswood/Port M).
A clubs success is "nearly" all about how the senior side performs and my club lost both 1's and 2's GF's and we are a mile behind the side that beat our 1's.The most successful clubs would have to be Doutta,Keilor and Yarraville as they have 2 Senior flags each in the last 6 seasons and if that's because they pay players, so be it as it's the way local sport is going.
My football club is as guilty as anyone of this...

Monkey Business;215037 said:

That is just a stupid post my friend.Ask any of the clubs if they're happy winning 2's,3's or 4's flags whilst their 1's battle to win (Spotswood/Port M).
A clubs success is "nearly" all about how the senior side performs and my club lost both 1's and 2's GF's and we are a mile behind the side that beat our 1's.The most successful clubs would have to be Doutta,Keilor and Yarraville as they have 2 Senior flags each in the last 6 seasons and if that's because they pay players, so be it as it's the way local sport is going.

Slipper;215073 said:

Reality is rest of us have to catch up and start throwing round the coin or risk being left behind. In a perfect world you'd like to see a team win a senior div granny with 2 professionals and 9 loyal blokes who've been at the club for years but this is probly never gonna happen now.

There's plenty of arguments for and against paying players, obviously lifts the overall standard of the comp, but also leaves poorer clubs at a distinct disadvantage. There's no point whinging about clubs doing it under the table though because it looks as though the VTCA has neither the motivation or resources to try and catch anyone out.

Slipper;215073 said:

Reality is rest of us have to catch up and start throwing round the coin or risk being left behind. In a perfect world you'd like to see a team win a senior div granny with 2 professionals and 9 loyal blokes who've been at the club for years but this is probly never gonna happen now.

There's plenty of arguments for and against paying players, obviously lifts the overall standard of the comp, but also leaves poorer clubs at a distinct disadvantage. There's no point whinging about clubs doing it under the table though because it looks as though the VTCA has neither the motivation or resources to try and catch anyone out.

QuackQuack;215005 said:

Knock it off champ, you got beaten by a better TEAM!!!!

What makes you think that Strathmore are a club of the future.... you blokes strike oil down at Lebanon Reserve????

QuackQuack;215005 said:

What makes you think that Strathmore are a club of the future.... you blokes strike oil down at Lebanon Reserve????

Rumour has it that Daisy Brown is taking his match payments from the first three rounds and is sending the APW cricket trip over to the West Indies for a couple of weeks.

Rumour has it that Daisy Brown is taking his match payments from the first three rounds and is sending the APW cricket trip over to the West Indies for a couple of weeks.

Frankie;215082 said:

Well that's the VTCA isn't it. Hat's off to Douttas then for going "outside the square" in getting a Darwin recruit who turned out to be a gun.Throw in his mate who apparently came down for a visit and stayed, there's 2 handy pick ups.
Port Melbourne had a guy from there as well who was a handy player so other clubs just might start to take note.
As for these other blokes talking about Senior North 2nds GF , who cares who won.

Frankie;215082 said:

Well that's the VTCA isn't it. Hat's off to Douttas then for going "outside the square" in getting a Darwin recruit who turned out to be a gun.Throw in his mate who apparently came down for a visit and stayed, there's 2 handy pick ups.
Port Melbourne had a guy from there as well who was a handy player so other clubs just might start to take note.
As for these other blokes talking about Senior North 2nds GF , who cares who won.

DizzyGillepsie;215101 said:
unfortunately some of us will never play senior division, so the lower grades are all we have :eek:

With some of your witty replies Diz , surely you could dislodge one of those MANY bowlers Spotswood have on personality alone ???

unfortunately some of us will never play senior division, so the lower grades are all we have :eek:

With some of your witty replies Diz , surely you could dislodge one of those MANY bowlers Spotswood have on personality alone ???

You speak for yourself Dizz but some of us with talent want to play a higher grade.There is nothing wrong with bettering yourself.I'm still waiting to find out if i i will be on the payroll next year.

You speak for yourself Dizz but some of us with talent want to play a higher grade.There is nothing wrong with bettering yourself.I'm still waiting to find out if i i will be on the payroll next year.

Mick Megne;215106 said:

waiting? i'm surprised the letters of offer aren't flooding in as we speak.

you are right, there's nothing wrong with bettering yourself providing you set yourself some realistic goals.

i'll be working a strict fitness regime over the winter months in preparation for next season. rest is for the weak

Mick Megne;215106 said:

waiting? i'm surprised the letters of offer aren't flooding in as we speak.

you are right, there's nothing wrong with bettering yourself providing you set yourself some realistic goals.

i'll be working a strict fitness regime over the winter months in preparation for next season. rest is for the weak

odiespissed;215092 said:

We had our 1's and 2's in the finals, and all our boys are young and ready to take the next step.

We have been knocking on the door for a long time now, and we were 1 game away from Senior Division.

If we did not play against the Highest paid list in the VTCA (Airport West) We would of not been cheated out of the win.

They PAY 8 out of there 11 players.

3 of them are Overseas or Imports (I thought you were only ment to play 1 import only?

The VTCA should look at APW's list

And Yes we were beaten by a better team in the 2's, which had players that would and could be playing Senior Division in any other club.

Players like

Just, Gordon, Morris, Guerra, Dixon, Arjun, Kumar should have all played 1's this season and not 2's !!!!!

odiespissed;215092 said:

We had our 1's and 2's in the finals, and all our boys are young and ready to take the next step.

We have been knocking on the door for a long time now, and we were 1 game away from Senior Division.

If we did not play against the Highest paid list in the VTCA (Airport West) We would of not been cheated out of the win.

3 of them are Overseas or Imports (I thought you were only ment to play 1 import only?

And Yes we were beaten by a better team in the 2's, which had players that would and could be playing Senior Division in any other club.

Players like

Just, Gordon, Morris, Guerra, Dixon, Arjun, Kumar should have all played 1's this season and not 2's !!!!!

odiespissed;215093 said:

Thanks to Strathmore, Daisy if flying first class as well.

With Strathmore taking the game into the 3rd day, he got an extra days pay.

odiespissed;215093 said:

Thanks to Strathmore, Daisy if flying first class as well.

With Strathmore taking the game into the 3rd day, he got an extra days pay.

QuackQuack;215139 said:

Players like

It could have been worse. Tupper was on his way to APW - untill the club told him he wasnt allowed to smoke bongs in the club rooms. Back he went to Lebanon Res.

QuackQuack;215139 said:

Players like

It could have been worse. Tupper was on his way to APW - untill the club told him he wasnt allowed to smoke bongs in the club rooms. Back he went to Lebanon Res.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back