VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Name the top 10 mercenaries in the last 10 years.
A couple in the South come to mind
Garry McCamblley and David Sime.
Elmore,Taylor,Jones,Jan and Brown in the North

Hampton CC are a disgrace. How can they not get a wicket up when every other club in the vicinity are playing. Maybe something to do with lack of numbers???

SCCC should put in a protest to claim the points for that one.

Dingo_Jones;271502 said:
I doubt it. they are too busy crying in there soup about all the money being spent on players not registered as pro's. Solution to the problem? Produce dodgy wickets for the granny. Alah spotswood 07/08 granny. Looser 50,000 dollars down the toilet.:D

Thanks for your insightful commentary Dingo!

So you're saying Hobson's Bay Council, under instructions from Altona North, doctored a wicket to favour one of the sides playing at a neutral venue. The bastards! - or maybe it just sounds like someone is looking for an excuse for poor GF performances? Boohoo.

Anyway, any news from the weekend's Senior Div?

southern sledge;271518 said:
Name the top 10 mercenaries in the last 10 years.
A couple in the South come to mind
Garry McCamblley and David Sime.
Elmore,Taylor,Jones,Jan and Brown in the North

"Elmore" are you serious? I got paid more for ANCC when i was playing.How is that a mercenary?

i'm not sure playing for 2 clubs would class someone as a mercenary! wouldn't argue with Jan.....anyone who asks for more money on the eve of a grand final 'otherwise i won't play' deserves that billing.

Dingo_Jones;271508 said:
Yeah Guru wher'e all waiting for your dissemination of the events over the week end. Although to be fair you did say you would have an anology for us after round two. We wait with interest and intrepidation for your predictions.O nostradamus.

Saw old man Emu matty Albers took five for off 18 overs over the week end. Musta damn near killed him. there's life in the old boy yet. Wonder how the hammy is? Where do you think A/Park will be?;)

Aber Park will be around the mark this year. Albers will be a big pick-up and given they finished off disappointingly last year and missed the finals, they willl be primed to go. I would expect them to be in the top couple. Only thing to question will be their depth in their bowling as after Pascu and Albers not much left. Batting they can all hammer it and seem to play their ground very well.

Interesting to hear Colin "Funky" Miller played for Seabrook on the weekend and proceeded to take "6 for" including a hat-trick!!!

Abers away rnd1 comfortable win with many more too come, some other suprises in Nth A1 this week Greenvale lose first game in A1 are yhey really that good? Bring on St Albans

AbersChangedTeam;271575 said:
Abers away rnd1 comfortable win with many more too come, some other suprises in Nth A1 this week Greenvale lose first game in A1 are yhey really that good? Bring on St Albans

Greenvale may struggle a bit. Looking at their side on the weekend and they had quite a few of their top-order bats who all played 2's last year for them. Jon Kent is also missing for some time I beleive so that will make a diff as well. Their batting will struggle especially if Courts and Portou don't get runs. Dunno if it will change but I reckon their side for the 1st rd was less than half of their winning side from last year.

Snagglepuss;271578 said:
Greenvale may struggle a bit. Looking at their side on the weekend and they had quite a few of their top-order bats who all played 2's last year for them. Jon Kent is also missing for some time I beleive so that will make a diff as well. Their batting will struggle especially if Courts and Portou don't get runs. Dunno if it will change but I reckon their side for the 1st rd was less than half of their winning side from last year.

If they are going to be relying on portou they will struggle and jon kent is no better can't wait to play them. At abers we aready to make a statement in this comp after our chance to stay up. All fav teams were beaten this week will be alot more even than people think>

Not Out;271546 said:
Hampton CC are a disgrace. How can they not get a wicket up when every other club in the vicinity are playing. Maybe something to do with lack of numbers???

SCCC should put in a protest to claim the points for that one.

can you please explain? Were there 1's or 2s playing at home?

underarm bowler;271572 said:
i'm not sure playing for 2 clubs would class someone as a mercenary! wouldn't argue with Jan.....anyone who asks for more money on the eve of a grand final 'otherwise i won't play' deserves that billing.
2 Clubs for money is a mercenary

Snagglepuss;271574 said:
Aber Park will be around the mark this year. Albers will be a big pick-up and given they finished off disappointingly last year and missed the finals, they willl be primed to go. I would expect them to be in the top couple. Only thing to question will be their depth in their bowling as after Pascu and Albers not much left. Batting they can all hammer it and seem to play their ground very well.

Interesting to hear Colin "Funky" Miller played for Seabrook on the weekend and proceeded to take "6 for" including a hat-trick!!!

Well Snagglepuss some interesting results from weekend! First Aberfeldie Park will be strong this year, Albers and Pascu will share the wickets most weeks. Pascu is good enough to play senior division without a doubt. Great to see Townsend Booth get a ton, he will make a truckload this year. Know the kid very well and on the decks they get at home he will have a bumper summer. Seabrook will be ok this year, with the Paslow's back and funky miller rolling the arm over they should be a better side this year. Interesting fact was Hoppers Crossing 47 against Jacana surely that's going to be a game everyone looks forward to. Flemington were at full strength and lost to Seabrook, very interesting, at home as well. Werribee Centrals too strong for Moonee Valley, what's going on with their captain playing in the twos. My mail is that things are pretty tense down at the home of the magpies! Final 4 in no particular order- Aber Park, Seabrook, Flemington and Werribee Centrals if they can get Edrich on the park this year. Interesting Phil Crea moved on after one season, certainly not a bad thing for the club.

southern sledge;271595 said:
2 Clubs for money is a mercenary

Asif Jan - he's a disgrace. Got belted at Druids after Royal Park beat them in GF a few years back. Asked for more cash or threatened to walk on eve of game. Sould have told him to f*ck off.... he left anyway next season and they didnt win with him. hope he takes that same attitude to A/West.

AbersChangedTeam;271575 said:

Abers congrats on the win! At this stage I'm pretty interested in the results for the rest of the year. Nice to see Avondale have a win, maybe a new attitude with the change at the top! There's always two sides to every story when someone is not happy and moves on. Some surprising results fromt he weekend, it may be a long season for East keilor, Foots United, Tulla and Greenvale who's result was probably the most surprising. It's always such a close competition in North A that anything can happen over the next 6 weeks or so. Going on the basics the finals contenders could and should be Albion, Keilor park, St Albans, Greenvale but after the results who knows. I will keep a look at the results with interest. By the way what's the story with Jon Kent, was surprised to not see him playing on Saturday.

I noticed the Maccabi vs Bentleigh game in Senior A1 is classified as "result disputed". Is it safe to assume that Bentleigh are cheating again (despite having won by 2 runs)? Does anyone know what happened?

boinkeroo;271606 said:
I noticed the Maccabi vs Bentleigh game in Senior A1 is classified as "result disputed". Is it safe to assume that Bentleigh are cheating again (despite having won by 2 runs)? Does anyone know what happened?

You can only assume that... Has Lamb finished his suspension yet?

Both teams that you'd expect to be pre-season flag favourites, Hoppers and Strathmore, were comfortably beaten. Could be a fairly even season on Senior A.

Rnd 1 has come n gone and as usual there are some interesting results in SEN Div, SEN A, Nth A.
What about the shellacking APSC Gave Doutta, now that’s what u call making a statement, admittedly how strong Doutta were is questionable. Otherwise there were no surprises. Some good starts.
In Snr A, one that caught me eye was St. Bernard's OC Vs Hoppers, don’t reckon St. Bernard's should be there Albion were the premier side last year and for reasons only known to them didn’t accept the promotion…that was a joke. But Congrats to Snowdogs having played against ‘em last few years don’t rate their batting however their bowlers will keep ‘em competitive. Not a good results for hoopers expected more from them.

& now in Nth A, KP as expected looked strong in a blockbuster first up against St Albans.Suffice to say that Both should be up there come business end fo the season. Congrats to Aberlfeldie, terrific start for now it seems traditional whipping boys of NTH A, big shock would have to Avondale accounting for much hyped Greenvale. Heard a lot about greenvale b4 the start of this season and last year with their domination of Nth B. It’s only the first game & despite this loss they still should be a good side by all reports heaily reilant/thanks to their 3 pro’s / ex pro’s portou,courts n pizzaro. Avondale again heard alot of doom n gloom after a no. of regular 1X1 blokes left, so it was an excellent start with a solid win on paper at least, batting still a major concern though, they have to be right up there when it comes to batting collapses. Only 1st game will find out more about them n others in the next few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back