VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

JUSTCALLME X;307904 said:
Interesting to see Mckinnon give Keilor a touch up - had them 7 fa 33. Thought it would have been a lot closer than that!

Also saw Stonehouse is back for Altona. IS he right or are they desperate and asking a bit much of him? I heard he was out for the year. Also saw that game was in 'dispute'......was this just an error on results vault or is there something to it?

Most other games went as expected. Mick O'keefe on fire at the moment. 2 tons and 3 50s from 6 hits...... all class.

Maybe his form has something 2 do with not being captain this year.
Baker hasnt been the dominating bat this year in his new role.
Anyone from the green trackies no whats doing with Cristafaro,Patcholli
not playing this round?

JUSTCALLME X;307904 said:
Interesting to see Mckinnon give Keilor a touch up - had them 7 fa 33. Thought it would have been a lot closer than that!

Also saw Stonehouse is back for Altona. IS he right or are they desperate and asking a bit much of him? I heard he was out for the year. Also saw that game was in 'dispute'......was this just an error on results vault or is there something to it?

Most other games went as expected. Mick O'keefe on fire at the moment. 2 tons and 3 50s from 6 hits...... all class.

Maybe his form has something 2 do with not being captain this year.
Baker hasnt been the dominating bat this year in his new role.
Anyone from the green trackies no whats doing with Cristafaro,Patcholli
not playing this round?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;307899 said:
1/29 off 10 not the most outstanding debut I've ever seen!

doesn't help that 3 catches were grassed off his bowling! but then again you all know best dont you!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;307899 said:
1/29 off 10 not the most outstanding debut I've ever seen!

doesn't help that 3 catches were grassed off his bowling! but then again you all know best dont you!

What is the general feeling about Altona North this year?
Can they stay up?
How has Elmore gone after returning from North?

Hard to tell from afar but the results look ominous for them.

Can they stay up?

tcnthat;308361 said:
Can they stay up?

Is he a bowler or a batsman first? My belief was that he was a bowler, why is he batting at 3? 180 runs at 20 is not good enough for your gun player. Doyle has outperformed him consistently.

Bowling wise 9 wickets at 40 isn't great either.

Relegation game this week v OEG and after that they have winnable games v Hampton and Doutta, so they may stay up though I doubt they will beat Hampton.

tcnthat;308361 said:
Can they stay up?

Is he a bowler or a batsman first? My belief was that he was a bowler, why is he batting at 3? 180 runs at 20 is not good enough for your gun player. Doyle has outperformed him consistently.

Bowling wise 9 wickets at 40 isn't great either.

Relegation game this week v OEG and after that they have winnable games v Hampton and Doutta, so they may stay up though I doubt they will beat Hampton.

Elmore came to Australia as a keeper batsman and bowled a few overs in his first stint at AN. He then was appointed Captain at Middle Park and started to open the bowling and performed much better with the ball than bat. At North he batted 7 or 8 and bowled mostly as first or second change. The word is he will be looking for a new club next season.

Elmore came to Australia as a keeper batsman and bowled a few overs in his first stint at AN. He then was appointed Captain at Middle Park and started to open the bowling and performed much better with the ball than bat. At North he batted 7 or 8 and bowled mostly as first or second change. The word is he will be looking for a new club next season.

southern sledge;308430 said:

Why do you say that Southern?? He'd be a handy pick up for any club and would bolster both bat and ball.

i'm pretty sure Lee is about 29 or 30 at least now - so he's not really a 'young gun' as was noted earlier.

southern sledge;308430 said:

Why do you say that Southern?? He'd be a handy pick up for any club and would bolster both bat and ball.

i'm pretty sure Lee is about 29 or 30 at least now - so he's not really a 'young gun' as was noted earlier.

JUSTCALLME X;308506 said:

haha, mate, he said 'your gun player', not 'young gun player'. put your glasses back on X

JUSTCALLME X;308506 said:

haha, mate, he said 'your gun player', not 'young gun player'. put your glasses back on X

southern sledge;309280 said:
You don't need to know that.[/QU

anyway on to the games this week.

OEG v A/Nth - someone has to win.... i'll go OEG
Hamp v Y/P - Hamp at home
Doutta v Sth Caul - Sth easy
Keilor v RPB - RPB
Y/C v A/W - Y/C
Spot v Mck - Spot in upset

Keilor v RPB - RPB
Y/C v A/W - Y/C

JUSTCALLME X;309344 said:

Keilor v RPB - RPB
Y/C v A/W - Y/C

OEG v A/N - Who can make OEG's runs? How is Perera considered a paid player? Going to go A/North here because I can't see OEG making enough runs unless the big Bundy bear Dave Graham gets going.

Hamp v Y/P. Hampton have been horrible bar one game this year so I'm going to tip Y/P but this will be a close one. Don't look for any quality out of this.

Doutta v Sth Caul. Doutta have the wood over Sth after a couple of big finals wins however the money has dried up this year and Doutta is a vastly different team. Sth Caul should look to atone for an embarrasing loss last year with a close win here.

Keilor v RPB - Keilor were storming home recently on the back of Porter however he fails and they go down like nine pins. Whatever they make I would back RPB with Maurice, Contessa, C & R Hillas and co to chase down so RPB for mine, but in a very good game. Match of the round for mine.

AW v YC - Massive game. Are Airport West as good as we think or are they just a 6 or 7 man team of individuals, albeit of great players. Magafas and Taylor are two who haven't hit their straps yet, when they do they are two of the most dangerous players in the comp. Yarraville if they have Christofaro back will have him, Tocka, Bakes, Smart and Cullen as a stable top 5 batsmen to score a big total however their bowling must be the weakness. Toss of the coin here but I'm going for Yarraville purely because it's at home.

Spotty v Mck - I reckon if Chris Hall hasn't taken enough votes off him then Wayne White would be leading the Paxino now. Has done enough in every game to have an impact. McKinnon need to win this, if they drop this game then all the hard work from before Xmas is undone. McKinnon just, as Spotty are only travelling at the moment.

Keilor v RPB - RPB
Y/C v A/W - Y/C

OEG v A/N - Who can make OEG's runs? How is Perera considered a paid player? Going to go A/North here because I can't see OEG making enough runs unless the big Bundy bear Dave Graham gets going.

Hamp v Y/P. Hampton have been horrible bar one game this year so I'm going to tip Y/P but this will be a close one. Don't look for any quality out of this.

Doutta v Sth Caul. Doutta have the wood over Sth after a couple of big finals wins however the money has dried up this year and Doutta is a vastly different team. Sth Caul should look to atone for an embarrasing loss last year with a close win here.

Keilor v RPB - Keilor were storming home recently on the back of Porter however he fails and they go down like nine pins. Whatever they make I would back RPB with Maurice, Contessa, C & R Hillas and co to chase down so RPB for mine, but in a very good game. Match of the round for mine.

AW v YC - Massive game. Are Airport West as good as we think or are they just a 6 or 7 man team of individuals, albeit of great players. Magafas and Taylor are two who haven't hit their straps yet, when they do they are two of the most dangerous players in the comp. Yarraville if they have Christofaro back will have him, Tocka, Bakes, Smart and Cullen as a stable top 5 batsmen to score a big total however their bowling must be the weakness. Toss of the coin here but I'm going for Yarraville purely because it's at home.

Spotty v Mck - I reckon if Chris Hall hasn't taken enough votes off him then Wayne White would be leading the Paxino now. Has done enough in every game to have an impact. McKinnon need to win this, if they drop this game then all the hard work from before Xmas is undone. McKinnon just, as Spotty are only travelling at the moment.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;310142 said:

With the executive bringing in the VAFA rule of 2 up and 2 down, I would have thought a huge game b/w ANCC and OEG. OEG bowlers in Mettlemann and Linley top shelf but fall away after that. ANCC also bat better. Whoever wins will bring them closer to DSCC who you think will lose to SCCC.

Notice DSCC play ANCC last round at Doutta which could be very interesting in relegation terms and historically, no love lost between them.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;310142 said:

With the executive bringing in the VAFA rule of 2 up and 2 down, I would have thought a huge game b/w ANCC and OEG. OEG bowlers in Mettlemann and Linley top shelf but fall away after that. ANCC also bat better. Whoever wins will bring them closer to DSCC who you think will lose to SCCC.

Notice DSCC play ANCC last round at Doutta which could be very interesting in relegation terms and historically, no love lost between them.

im hoping that we will win with greats like lee elmore and greg doyle opening with the bat one of them in the top 5 batsmen in the comp so hopefully we can get are first win in a year would be great.

yours truly
the greg doyle fan club ( formerly known as the mario auciello fan club)

im hoping that we will win with greats like lee elmore and greg doyle opening with the bat one of them in the top 5 batsmen in the comp so hopefully we can get are first win in a year would be great.

yours truly
the greg doyle fan club ( formerly known as the mario auciello fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back