VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

been there done that;182535 said:
Hampton?????? I would think they would be happy if they survive relegation.
Top 4
Sth Caulfield
Royal Park
Then anyone of about 6 sides this year (not Hampton)
Apart from the 2 sides mentioned above, it will be pretty even I think.

Apart from Sth Caulf and RP ????? I agree that both those sides will be very competitive but i think you are underestimating a few sides.The 2 grand finalists[for 4 of past 5 years] for a start

Vicious and Well Directed;182526 said:
Teams will definitely struggle on the Hampton wicket.

AWStC would have to be favourites in Senior A, should fight it out with Strathmore. Druids will find it tough to cover the loss of Fraser. Willi CYMS might be the surprise packet, particularly with their bowling attack.

A lot of teams in the middle ground like Mentone, Brighton, Hoppers Crossing, Bentleigh and Beaumaris that will be fighting it out for a finals spot.

Melbourne High and East Keilor to be in the relegation zone.

just a little on willy cy's.....have picked up some quality.......;)

Top 4 Senior Div

1 Royal Pk - have recruited extremely well. Contessa will win another Paxino. Will make 300+ on their postage stamp each week.
2 Yarraville. I see it is OKeefe's turn to be paid. Next year it will be Smart. What a joke. Bakes not even listed as paid or former professional.
3 Doutta - would want to after their recruiting.
4 McKinnon - If Mullaney plays reguarly then they will be hard to beat.

Relegation - Youlden, Altona.

Senior A
1 Airport West
2 Mentone
3 Beaumaris
4 Bentleigh

Relegation - hopefully a North club.

And just a message from TAB Sportsbet.

No offence to you Mickey Bee as you seem like a decent bloke, but...

OEG Have been backed in to $1.01 for relegation after losing their 5 best players. Fair dinkum you will not be able to cover Metelman, Rankin, Withers, Jeffrey and Graham. Moose will have to open the batting and the bowling like two years ago.

And I hope all opposition clubs bring their own grog in to the rooms at OEG like they do against the south sides.

That is all for now.

Perty4;182648 said:
Top 4 Senior Div

1 Royal Pk - have recruited extremely well. Contessa will win another Paxino. Will make 300+ on their postage stamp each week.
2 Yarraville. I see it is OKeefe's turn to be paid. Next year it will be Smart. What a joke. Bakes not even listed as paid or former professional.
3 Doutta - would want to after their recruiting.
4 McKinnon - If Mullaney plays reguarly then they will be hard to beat.

Relegation - Youlden, Altona.

Senior A
1 Airport West
2 Mentone
3 Beaumaris
4 Bentleigh

Relegation - hopefully a North club.

Strathmore and Airport West definite top 2. Whats your love affair with Royal Park , Keilor still have 2 of the top 5 bats in comp in marcy and porter so they'll be there

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;182654 said:
East Keilor will be the one to go down.

They were lucky to stay up.You seem so sure , why ?? Lost players ? They will be in the mix with a few teams i would guess

Senior div
Royal Park
YCCC
Keilor
Douta

South Caulfield just miss out.

Senior A
Airport West
Then close between the next 5 or 6 sides.
Hoppers picked up a couple and Cy's to be in the mix

It's true... from VTCA

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Play on Day 1 of Round 1 ( 3rd & 4th Oct ) has been called off. Round 1 will be played as a 1 day game on 13th Oct. 1 day Comp. Sunday 14th as per draw.

Might go fishing.

It could be a few weeks before a lot of clubs get going with the condition of some of the grounds. Some grounds i have driven past have more dirt than grass. Hate to try fielding on those.

Perty4;182650 said:
And just a message from TAB Sportsbet.

No offence to you Mickey Bee as you seem like a decent bloke, but...

OEG Have been backed in to $1.01 for relegation after losing their 5 best players. Fair dinkum you will not be able to cover Metelman, Rankin, Withers, Jeffrey and Graham. Moose will have to open the batting and the bowling like two years ago.

And I hope all opposition clubs bring their own grog in to the rooms at OEG like they do against the south sides.

That is all for now.

$1.01 aye, that's very short.. Yeah those guys will be hard to cover, but i'm sure we will stay up. But everyone, feel free to piss up the night before and treat us like a bye, can only help us i guess. Only time will tell how it'll all work out.

The VTCA are of to another cracking start. Do they mean the 5th & 6th or are we playing mid week these days!

The VTCA are off to another flyer 3rd & 4th of OCT are we playing mid week these days. Try 6th & 7th bloke!!!!

Roy13;182719 said:
The VTCA are off to another flyer 3rd & 4th of OCT are we playing mid week these days. Try 6th & 7th bloke!!!!

When are the VTCA gonna get it?? Fair dinkum!!!! Why call the round off?? Why not turn up and let the captains decide?? It is unfair for the clubs that have actually gone to the trouble and effort of providing good conditions, only to be told "thanks, but no thanks" by the powers that be!!!! What a joke!!! Take up lawn bowls, I am sure they are not called off some 60 hours prior to when oplay is to start?:mad:

been there done that;182725 said:
When are the VTCA gonna get it?? Fair dinkum!!!! Why call the round off?? Why not turn up and let the captains decide?? It is unfair for the clubs that have actually gone to the trouble and effort of providing good conditions, only to be told "thanks, but no thanks" by the powers that be!!!! What a joke!!! Take up lawn bowls, I am sure they are not called off some 60 hours prior to when oplay is to start?:mad:

Although I agree in principle, it would be an awful waste of a day if people came from Hampton out to Keilor or wherever, just to be sent home. it does seem stupid to do it this early, but if there is no hope of play, you would be mighty pissed off if you went for nothing (except to pay the umpires)

What needs to happen is more communication between the two clubs playing.. I guess the VTCA are trying to be 'fair'

Slipper;182655 said:
They were lucky to stay up.You seem so sure , why ?? Lost players ? They will be in the mix with a few teams i would guess

They've lost Jason McGann and Warren Hackney. 4 of their recruits fell through in late August for various reasons. Some non cricket I might add.

mickeybee;182729 said:
Although I agree in principle, it would be an awful waste of a day if people came from Hampton out to Keilor or wherever, just to be sent home. it does seem stupid to do it this early, but if there is no hope of play, you would be mighty pissed off if you went for nothing (except to pay the umpires)

What needs to happen is more communication between the two clubs playing.. I guess the VTCA are trying to be 'fair'

Waste of a day?? Oh please. It is waste of a day for my team to be training instead of playing. We have an absolute belter ready to go. Sure the outfield is a little rough after footy, but geezus, lets just get a game goin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back